The Student Room Group

Tattoo Bashing

I'd never get a green piece of goo on my skin for a "memory" or any crap EXCUSE like that. If it means that much too me i have the mental capacity to contain it in my brain for the rest of my life.

So why the **** would one stain their skin?

Do ppl admit they forget "personal" events that are impt to them for the sake of a tattoo??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Live and Let live
Reply 2
I don't like tattoos, wouldn't get one myself but I wouldn't bash those who have them. I think freeurmind put it quite well.
Reply 3
I have tattoos and I love them. None that I couldn't cover up if I needed too but I have never had any negative reponses from having them.
I do not judge people on tattoos or piercings as I do not see that it changes the person or nature of the person.
I'm a pretty "each to their own" kind of person though and respect those who don't like tattoos although I would never "bash" them for it and would expect the same in return :smile:
Reply 4
I always think it's ridiculous that people get things like "mum" tattooed on themselves...as if they'd forget their mum :dots:
Reply 5
I have the whole front of my body covered, top half of arm and a whole leg. I get them because I like them, I'm with you on the memories part, I wouldn't ever get a tattoo for a memory for the exact reasons above.
I like the art that goes into them ( I can't draw myself or don't study art ), I have 2 red indians covering my stomach, a hourglass wings design on chest and my arm is something I thought up related to the poem the 2 roses that grew from the concrete.

Why does it matter if someone wants to have a tattoo or not, if they want to disadvantage themselves in the jobs market and run the risk of looking " green and gooey " when they're older than let them, I certainly wouldn't judge someone for not having tattoo's.

09.jpg
This guy looks cool still.
Reply 6
Ok, I'm totally with you on the mum thing for the sake of it lol.
A lot of people get sayings or childrens names etc and all for different reasons. I don't see it to be any different than choosing a certain image. It all means something to someone even if it's just the fact thats the one that caught your eye in the studio.
I have a dolphin (arm), a dragon (back), a mockingbird (shoulder blade) and a thorny rose (thigh) and at one point or another those images all meant something to me.
Besides by the time I'm old enough to stress about them I think a bit of ink will be the least of my worries hehe.
Reply 7
I really cannot understand why people who don't like tattoos get so upset about other people having them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhyteBoar
I really cannot understand why people who don't like tattoos get so upset about other people having them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We don't, and it's no different to people saying how they don't like a certain item of clothing (i.e. chinos) or a certain hairstyle. Everyone has an opinion, just seems like it's the people with said criticism who get upset over it. I don't actually care if somebody wants to tattoo their kid's name onto their pasty body.
Reply 9
Original post by freeurmind
Live and Let live

Hence why I created this thread in this section!

I just wanted to throw it out there in the interwebzz. Have no intention to influence anyone with my posts xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by RedArrow
Hence why I created this thread in this section!

I just wanted to throw it out there in the interwebzz. Have no intention to influence anyone with my posts xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just like Jehovah's Witnesses don't want to influence anyone..
Reply 11
my entire left arm is sleeved so I take this as an offence plus it cost me me a fair bit
Don't worry, no one cares that you think their tattoos are stupid.

Getting my first this year though hopefully!
If you don't like them, don't get them. Simple!
People can do what they want at the end of the day, it's their own skin.
I've never understood why people without tattoos get so worked up over people that do have them.
Reply 14
^ A lot of butt hurt in this thread
Reply 15
How can you not like tatoos in Chinese though!?

Original post by WhyteBoar

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like onions, so I make sure to judge everyone I see eating them.
Logic.
Reply 17
Lol some of you guys are such a bore...

I just happen to hate tattoos. Why the **** am I supposed to be silenced from blurting it out here?

I'm in no way telling anyone to not do it, rather wonder WHY the **** would one do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

I just happen to hate tattoos. Why the **** am I supposed to be silenced from blurting it out here?

I'm in no way telling anyone to not do it, rather wonder WHY the **** would one do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They look good.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the same reason people get colour on their hair or wear a certain type of shoe, get pierced etc. It's mostly no different or more complicated than - they like it.

Quick Reply

Latest