The Student Room Group

Come on now "lads". Who disagrees with me...?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know if it's because I'm gay so I don't really "get" them, but most women under the age of about 24 seem like exceptionally fake creatures.

I'm surprised it's not the girls buying the guys drinks, considering between 17-27, guys are clearly hotter than girls. Better bodies, better skin, more virile, more chillaxed. It switches around the late 20s and women seem, on average, more attractive, but at that age it should surely be the girls chasing the guys (well, of course I get that it's about differential in sex drive... still)
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Haha, for lads, cheesy chat up lines are awful. But if a cute lass used one on me, the fact that such occurrences are so rare would make have me smitten.

You have to admit its extremely rare for girls to initiate. It's a social/cultural thing for sure. The social roles women have been burdened with in the west. I just think it's a shame.

And now that I think of it, I'm perfectly happy to see rugby player/polo shirt wearing/lad culture embracing Neanderthals dress overtly as such.

It makes guys like me stand out more.

I think a girl has approached me once in bar, and only with the less than discrete prompting from her mates.

If I had an ugly face I'd most definitely be hitting the gym.

I guess the fact that girls rarely approach guys probably makes me stand out more.
Sometimes I don't even mean to do it, I'm just so talkative that I can't seem be able to queue at a bar without making friends whatever gender :tongue:

Also I don't think many people genuinely think their face is ugly, it's hard to compare to other peoples since you've had it forever. My opinion is that if someone thinks their face is ugly it's usually self esteem issues instead of actually being ugly.

Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
I don't know if it's because I'm gay so I don't really "get" them, but most women under the age of about 24 seem like exceptionally fake creatures.

I'm surprised it's not the girls buying the guys drinks, considering between 17-27, guys are clearly hotter than girls. Better bodies, better skin, more virile, more chillaxed. It switches around the late 20s and women seem, on average, more attractive, but at that age it should surely be the girls chasing the guys (well, of course I get that it's about differential in sex drive... still)

Maybe it's just the girls at clubs... all the nice girls might have gone to bed early :tongue:

The fact that you think the girls our age aren't as hot as the guys is probably due to being gay. I don't think girls our age are any uglier than the guys, but I do find a lot of them very obnoxious and shallow. Probably why most of my friends are guys.
Also some girls seem to spend a lot of time making themselves look worse than when they started in my opinion.
Original post by Voltozonic
Don't tell me to man-up. You're a prime example of everything I've been arguing about this whole thread. If you need to go and bang round and be a push over for girls to get laid and feel manly then keep it to yourself - don't push your insecurities onto other people.

Nothing wrong with buying a girl a drink if you're into them. But it makes no sense if a girl sees me and is keen and expects me to buy her a drink when she was the keen one! She may come up to me, and I may realise she's good looking... But if she were to then ask me to buy her the drink I would tell her to do one. It's rude. She wants to get it on with me - she can make the effort - why's that so hard to comprehend ? I'm not after a quick and easy bang if I was then I would make the effort and get one of course. I don't need to pull everytime I go out to keep my manliness levels up. But so many young males do nowadays for validation that alot of girls have become relaxed assume every guy there is after a quicky, and then assumes I'm exactly the same. And i'm not and neither is every guy at the bar.

It's just the principle that it's so routine that men are expected to make the effort and it's not good to have this as a gender stereotype in today's world.

Do you consider yourself all for complete equality between men and women ? Because you should. And if you do then in order to achieve a world where everyone both are equal both need to make equal efforts with everything.

Lol, how am I pushing my insecurities onto other people? Get off your high horse dude.

Going to the gym, buying girls drinks, and having one night stands does not mean you're insecure. If it makes you feel better because you don't have one night stands or buy girls drinks that's fine, but assuming that people who do are insecure is ridiculous.

I'm all for equality, but as it stands at the moment, males want to have sex more than females. If a girl wants to pull it's easy, us men have to work at it a bit. A world where this isn't the case would be great I'm sure, but that's not the world we live in so you can keep bitching about it and people like me if you want, but I can't see why you feel so strongly on this.

So you think I'm insecure or whatever because I make an effort with girls who don't make an effort with me? You should be more pissed off with girls who don't make the effort. Because if I didn't then they would just go to some other guy who did. But you're talking as if guys who make an effort are idiots.

I'm inclined to believe you're just frustrated because you never get any female attention...but I suppose you'd just think me a 'lad' of lower intellect than yourself using a childish comeback.
Reply 63
Original post by JollyJelly
Lol, how am I pushing my insecurities onto other people? Get off your high horse dude.

Going to the gym, buying girls drinks, and having one night stands does not mean you're insecure. If it makes you feel better because you don't have one night stands or buy girls drinks that's fine, but assuming that people who do are insecure is ridiculous.

I'm all for equality, but as it stands at the moment, males want to have sex more than females. If a girl wants to pull it's easy, us men have to work at it a bit. A world where this isn't the case would be great I'm sure, but that's not the world we live in so you can keep bitching about it and people like me if you want, but I can't see why you feel so strongly on this.

So you think I'm insecure or whatever because I make an effort with girls who don't make an effort with me? You should be more pissed off with girls who don't make the effort. Because if I didn't then they would just go to some other guy who did. But you're talking as if guys who make an effort are idiots.

I'm inclined to believe you're just frustrated because you never get any female attention...but I suppose you'd just think me a 'lad' of lower intellect than yourself using a childish comeback.

This (especially the bit in bold). As much as I agree with a lot of what OP says he has no business being "pissed off" at anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending