The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chindits
Looks to me like we've got a couple of Asians in the frame.

I'm shocked.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they're practitioners of the wonderful, peaceful religion of Islam :smile:

And if so, I'm going to predict that they're as Muslim as child-raping priests are Christian.
Reply 601
Original post by ozzyoscy
And if so, I'm going to predict that they're as Muslim as child-raping priests are Christian.

That's Catholics mate.

And speaking of child-rape, I believe Mohammed's penchant for little pre-pubescent girls is the reason why in many Islamic countries, girls as young as five can be married off.

Islam, the shining light on humanity (say the left wing apologists) :cool:
Looks to me like we've got a couple of Asians in the frame.

I'm shocked.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they're practitioners of the wonderful, peaceful religion of Islam :smile:

Hang on.... if they're Muslims I'll be the first to scream murder and wave the bloody shirt... but I watched the CCTV footage and the second one seemed like he could actually be caucasian.

The first one looked less so... but I'm not sure he looked Asian.
If I had a personable news channel, there'd be no stories. I mean, pretty much everything is irrelevant, not least the minutes and hours and days and weeks spent covering some rich stranger getting engaged/married/pregnant or on people miles away dying or getting hurt. Why'd I wanna know about that?

There are objectively important things for us to know about.

Taxpayers money partly funded the Iraq war, if the consequences of that funding were to influence public opinion of future wars, then it is important for us to know about it.

No-one who watched the news tonight will know anything more about suicide bombs in Iraq, or Afghanistan, which were almost unheard of before western military intervention.

They may know more about Syria, a civil conflict that the BBC are happy to report on but are selective in doing so.

Few people know about the month long hunger strikes going on in Guantanamo, American military territory.

I'm angry about the selective media coverage that has a clear agenda.

I'm not asking that anyone else share my concerns. I doubt I'd be able to convince them to anyway.

I'm using a forum to express my feelings on what I believe are the failings of media organisations who claim to be non-biased, neutral and altruistic.

And you're right. Who. Gives. A. **** what Princess Kate eats for her breakfast.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Hang on.... if they're Muslims I'll be the first to scream murder and wave the bloody shirt... but I watched the CCTV footage and the second one seemed like he could actually be caucasian.

Have you ruled out right wing extremists?
Reply 605

He looks either Indian or Malaysian to me, hard to tell.

Even so, there have been white Muslims involved in terrorism.

Remember that buffoon with a bomb that blew himself up in Exeter. Nicky Reilly was his name. A Muslim convert.
Original post by Jordan-James

Of course not. In fact, on another thread I was pushing that theory (due to the proximity to the 20th anniversary of the Waco siege)
Original post by Jordan-James

I'll admit, I hope it's Muslims. Not because I have any truck with the US right, but because I think Islam needs to be exposed as a dangerous religion that threatens Western, secular democracy.

If they call my Islamophobe, I'll counter; is it irrational, as a gay guy, to be frightened of a religion that murders gay people in their hundreds? Would it be irrational for women, whom they oppress so keenly, to be frightened?

Would it be irrational for an atheist, like myself, to fear a religion in which so many of its adherents approve of the execution of what they see as heretics?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 608
Who'd have thunk it
That's Catholics mate.

And speaking of child-rape, I believe Mohammed's penchant for little pre-pubescent girls is the reason why in many Islamic countries, girls as young as five can be married off.

Islam, the shining light on humanity (say the left wing apologists) :cool:

Oh gawd, you're one of those political nutters who bunches people into political groups (or, more likely, group everyone you don't agree with or like into an opposing political group and use this to somehow invalidate their opinion).
Reply 610
Oh gawd, you're one of those political nutters who bunches people into political groups (or, more likely, group everyone you don't agree with or like into an opposing political group and use this to somehow invalidate their opinion).

Yeah, daft of me to bunch the left wing who marched under the banner "we're all Hezbollah" in London shoulder to shoulder with some of the most virulent racists and terrorist supporters in the land.

Silly of me.

And of course the left wing Guardian article berating the white devil for assuming the Boston bombers would be Muslim - because you know, Muslims don't have a long track record of terrorism. :rolleyes:
Yeah, daft of me to bunch the left wing who marched under the banner "we're all Hezbollah" in London shoulder to shoulder with some of the most virulent racists and terrorist supporters in the land.

Silly of me.

And of course the left wing Guardian article berating the white devil for assuming the Boston bombers would be Muslim - because you know, Muslims don't have a long track record of terrorism. :rolleyes:

I did not read this.
I did not read this.

It cannot be unread.
I'll admit, I hope it's Muslims. Not because I have any truck with the US right, but because I think Islam needs to be exposed as a dangerous religion that threatens Western, secular democracy.

If they call my Islamophobe, I'll counter; is it irrational, as a gay guy, to be frightened of a religion that murders gay people in their hundreds? Would it be irrational for women, whom they oppress so keenly, to be frightened?

Would it be irrational for an atheist, like myself, to fear a religion in which so many of its adherents approve of the execution of what they see as heretics?

So you're left wing , but agree with EDL/BNP style views?
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
It cannot be unread.

I value your sacrifice to vindicate my belief system.
Reply 615
Tell you what, when the names are released and it's Abdul & Mohammed - the Guardian is going to have to come up with something really good to still try and pin it on the white devil.
Can all you ****ers who negged me apologise now? I said they were Muslims.
Tell you what, when the names are released and it's Abdul & Mohammed - the Guardian is going to have to come up with something really good to still try and pin it on the white devil.

They look more like Kamrans and Faisal to me.
Reply 618
Original post by SupernovaNebula
They look more like Kamrans and Faisal to me.

Maybe, maybe. Still think there might be a Mohammed in there.

Big shout for Ahmed, although that's a bit passé these days.
Reply 619
The brown guy looks Saudi but possibly Indian/Pakistani/Malaysian as well, whereas the white guy is my typical next-door arab friend (In terms of appearence of course!) and I think based on these pictures he's Saudi as well.
I'm arab myself and I've been To Iraq, Iran (Not arab but still), Syria, Lebanon, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan; so many countries in the middle east.

I can assure that they're certainly not Persian! They look a bit different.

I hope I'm wrong however! (Islamophobia is already big as it is!, and it badly affects guys like me :mad: )
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending