The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone up for revision game?
Reply 1121
Original post by NightStrider
I feel for you! I haven't finished unit 3 physics or bio in class but I ended up self teaching it.

The mygcsescience videos are really useful and I made the rest of my notes from the following revision guide :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1408508346/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550948389&ref=asc_df_1408508346

That revision guide is useful, and it may be at your local library - it was at mine.

thank you!!
Original post by beaux1
thank you!!

No problem.
Has anyone purchased mygcsescience's practice exam papers? Are they good and useful? I'm tempted to buy them, but I don't want to waste my money.
I'm thinking of purchasing them as well - no one will have them yet as deliveries start on the 22nd earliest - they should be good but, again i'm unsure, I think i'm going to get them ...
Original post by Captain Anonymous
I'm thinking of purchasing them as well - no one will have them yet as deliveries start on the 22nd earliest - they should be good but, again i'm unsure, I think i'm going to get them ...

I'm unsure too.
I'm buying them mate :smile:
I've decided that I'm going to buy them! Fingers crossed that they're worth it! :tongue:
yeah i hope so
going by the quality of his videos they should be :L
anyone up for revision game?
let's gooooo........... :smile:
Which of these is correct? If they're all correct, which is preferred?

Ethanol - C2H6O
Propanol - C3H8O
Butanol - C4H10O

Ethanol - C2H5OH
Propanol - C3H7OH
Butanol - C4H9OH
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kill3er
Which of these is correct? If they're all correct, which is preferred?

Ethanol - C2H6O
Propanol - C3H8O
Butanol - C4H10O

Ethanol - C2H5OH
Propanol - C3H7OH
Butanol - C4H9OH

All correct. What do you mean by preffered?
All correct. What do you mean by preffered?

Thanks.
Which is the most popular method of writing those?
I'm thinking the second way.
Original post by Kill3er
Thanks.
Which is the most popular method of writing those?
I'm thinking the second way.

But one is the chemical formula and one is the structural formula. How is there a correct answer.

Question: What is meant by double circulation and why does the body utilise it?
But one is the chemical formula and one is the structural formula. How is there a correct answer.

I see, i guess it doesn't matter which one i use. Is it correct saying Butanol will release more energy on combustion compared to ethanol?
Original post by Kill3er
I see, i guess it doesn't matter which one i use. Is it correct saying Butanol will release more energy on combustion compared to ethanol?

Yes
double circultaion is basically means the heart pumps blood in 2 diffferent ways and for 2 different areas. From the lungs to the heart and from the heart to the body
Yes

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending