The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by suncake
x

Ah sorry! Negged by accident
Original post by usycool1
The point "P" lies on L1. So you can write the position vector of P in terms of lambda.

Then, the dot product of the direction vector of L1 and the position vector of P should equal 0....

Make sense?

See if you can go on. :smile:

Yep, got it now, thanks! :smile:

Original post by k1rby
Ah sorry! Negged by accident

It's alright :tongue:
Urm, while solving a C4 Vector Exercise i've stumbled upon something I have no clue as to what it is.what does it mean to find the ratio in a vector equation?
Original post by 6vor6kas6
Urm, while solving a C4 Vector Exercise i've stumbled upon something I have no clue as to what it is.what does it mean to find the ratio in a vector equation?

Some context would be good... could you post the full question?
can someone tutor me on the double angle formulae??
Reply 1025
Original post by masryboy94
well this is weird, im finding the soloman papers for C4 easier than the exam papers (based on jan 2013), hope it stays that way ! i've gotten to the stage where im starting to enjoy C4 :rolleyes: yep even vectors :eek: im really hoping for that A* !!

:angelwings: Lol "Solomon Papers easier". You have reached new heights. You may now enter the world of Maths Gods. Achievement Unlocked :angelwings:

o2999765.jpg

I did C3 Solomon Press Paper F today, after doing well in 2 others. I didn't prep myself in advance. Boy was I dumb. It was a tricky paper. I still find the Solomon Press challenging. Going to do it again Timed, but Prep myself. It was embarrassing. I personally find I have to think and concentrate more, in the Solomon Press Papers. The Algebra is much much trickier than in the normal papers.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm taking a bit of a break from C4/C3 revision in order to revise for M1/S1 in 2 weeks.
Original post by TheAsian
What's the workload like for French A2? possible to self teach? with AS?

I reckon so! One of our two teachers has been off since February with an illness and we've managed to self-teach ourselves whole topics - it wasn't ideal but with AS I think you'd be fine!
Reply 1028
Original post by reubenkinara
I'm taking a bit of a break from C4/C3 revision in order to revise for M1/S1 in 2 weeks.

How long for? I am tempted to do this for a few days, for D1 and Chem4.5/Phys4.5 Questions, but I am a bit nervous to do so....
Original post by Better
How long for? I am tempted to do this for a few days, for D1 and Chem4.5/Phys4.5 Questions, but I am a bit nervous to do so....

Till those exams :smile:
Urm, folks I'm having a bit of issue with Solomon Paper B, C3, exercise 3. I have no way of linking at the moment, but I've tried and tried at the exercise for more than 45 minutes, checked the mark scheme and i have no freakin' clue as to how the mark scheme arrived to the answer. Anyone that can help?
Urm, folks I'm having a bit of issue with Solomon Paper B, C3, exercise 3. I have no way of linking at the moment, but I've tried and tried at the exercise for more than 45 minutes, checked the mark scheme and i have no freakin' clue as to how the mark scheme arrived to the answer. Anyone that can help?

The one that asks you to prove the factor formulae?

Expand sin(A+B) and sin(A-B). Then add them both to each other. Then let P = A + B and Q = A - B.

For the second part, use the factor formula that you've just been asked to prove. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Expand sin(A+B) and sin(A-B). Then add them both to each other. Then let P = A + B and Q = A - B.

For the second part, use the factor formula that you've just been asked to prove. :smile:

Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't the exercise I meant for. Now I'm too confused to even think, my mind is burning.
The exercise i'm having trouble with is in a C4 paper
Yeah found it, Solomon A C4, Exercise 6. It has the angle is 3x and 2x and somehow the markscheme ended with 5x without giving a clue as to how it did that. Sorry for the trouble, I was having trouble with it yesterday night and i fell asleep on it but i moved the papers in my sleep and couldn't remember which one i was doing... these exams are killing me
Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't the exercise I meant for. Now I'm too confused to even think, my mind is burning.
The exercise i'm having trouble with is in a C4 paper
Yeah found it, Solomon A C4, Exercise 6. It has the angle is 3x and 2x and somehow the markscheme ended with 5x without giving a clue as to how it did that. Sorry for the trouble, I was having trouble with it yesterday night and i fell asleep on it but i moved the papers in my sleep and couldn't remember which one i was doing... these exams are killing me

There's a formula in the formula booklet which should be similar to your problem, can you see how to alter your question now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1034

Glad someone asked this. I didn't know the name of this Formulae.

Thanks mate.
Reply 1035
Hi, If you make a mistake in part a. of a q (in my case differentiating cos to sin rather than -sin) but your method is all correct. Then in part b. your method is correct but your answer is different due to part a. do you still lose the marks?
Original post by MathsNerd1
There's a formula in the formula booklet which should be similar to your problem, can you see how to alter your question now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I just found the formula, thanks mate. Man I really have to sit down and memorise all of the damned trigonometric identities, i'm having so much trouble in exercises because i don't know them well
Yes! I just found the formula, thanks mate. Man I really have to sit down and memorise all of the damned trigonometric identities, i'm having so much trouble in exercises because i don't know them well

That's alright then and well really you need to remember is sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1
I'm sure the rest can be obtain from that and your addition formulas which they already provide you with. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1038
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Yes of course its allowed for the exams.
Just check it on ebay. It's available there for $119

Its TI 84
NOT TI 89 (TI 89 is NOT allowed)
:smile:

Calculator Purchased. Thank you bro.

I think the Calculator + a Few more Past Papers and I can get 100% in C3 and C4.
Reply 1039
Original post by nm786
I think you lose all the marks for b, but for a you may gain one or two marks.
I would recommend learning this diagram: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=42319158&postcount=820 makes it so easy to remember differential of sin, cos, -sin and -cos.

Are you sure? Thats stupid, i didnt do anything wrong on part b. it was because of part a that i got the answer wrong. btw, its not that i didnt remember the differential. I get the hardest q in the paper right cus i need to think about it, i always drop marks on the easy qs cus I dont think about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending