Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University of Hull Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by charisxena
Probably Nicholson Hall (likely the bungalows) though I have my eye on taylor court. Thing is the rent seems really expensive for simply paying a premium for your own bathroom. What period/type of history did you study? (if you don't mind me asking!). I completely agree that Economics is interesting, sometimes it baffles me how anyone can find it boring :tongue:

Do you prefer micro or macro?

Tbh they are all quite good. Even Ferens, which was the worst one last year, is getting done up over summer so that will be the newest. Yeah it is expensive but I shared last year and an en suite seems like quite a nice idea. It was a very wide mix really. From things like the vikings and the crusades through to communism and fascism in the 20th century.

I'm not sure tbh, they are both good, but I think I will have to be boring and go with macro along with most other people :P
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Adult Nursing! Anyone stopping in Taylor court flats??
Reply 22
Original post by mJoshP
Tbh they are all quite good. Even Ferens, which was the worst one last year, is getting done up over summer so that will be the newest. Yeah it is expensive but I shared last year and an en suite seems like quite a nice idea. It was a very wide mix really. From things like the vikings and the crusades through to communism and fascism in the 20th century.

I'm not sure tbh, they are both good, but I think I will have to be boring and go with macro along with most other people :P

I think mainly I'm looking at price, not particularly bothered about much else, as long as it's liveable! Did you study the three dictators (in 20th century)?

Aww what! micro is much more interesting :tongue: though I can see why it's off-puuting cause of all the 'marginal revenue/cost' stuff.
Reply 23
Fellow Economics student here! how do you know where you're living already?

Also and Business Eco student! Lawns or Thwaite.
Reply 24
I think mainly I'm looking at price, not particularly bothered about much else, as long as it's liveable! Did you study the three dictators (in 20th century)?

Aww what! micro is much more interesting :tongue: though I can see why it's off-puuting cause of all the 'marginal revenue/cost' stuff.

Oh nice :smile: does he like it? or complain a lot? haha. what are you doing it in? or is it across a range of subjects?

yeah, i survived in pretty poor accommodation last year. Yeah we did! that area of history is definitely what I find most interesting. Yeah tbh it is all good in my opinion :P really looking forward to starting there (again) now haha
Reply 25
Firming for Computer Science, Year 0 Entry though.
Iv firmed for history :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 27
Oh no no no, haha that sounds wayyyy too sciency for me :L yeah I have heard the industrial placements are really good :smile:
Reply 28
Modern Languages
Reply 29
Reply 30
CompSci.

I should probably start trying to sort out accommodation...
Reply 31
Firmed Hull for BPLS, don't really know which accommodation to go for though :/
Reply 32
Firmed an offer for geography
Firmed for French and German :-)
Reply 34
Firmed for Psychology :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
^ To all those considering accom- the houses are really good and quite cheap, if you don't mind cooking your own food. You get a much larger room for your money.
Firmed for psychology, year 0 though.. want to meet some people before moving :smile:
Original post by Aron17
Firmed an offer for geography

bsci?
Reply 38
Original post by gracecooke55
bsci?

Yes, are you doing the same?
Reply 39
Original post by eato95
Firmed Hull for BPLS, don't really know which accommodation to go for though :/

I've firmed BPLS too :smile: my insurance is Politics and International relations at Hull also... Hull is my destiny

Quick Reply

Latest