The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Relaxedexams
When calculating the max you divide largest by smallest. (therefore one +, the other -)

When calculating min you divide smallest by largest (one -, the other +)

so first if the first is +ve then its max.
and if the first is -ve then its min.?
Original post by Meera.S.
so first if the first is +ve then its max.
and if the first is -ve then its min.?

Yep :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Please could you describe the general idea of internal resistance?
Reply 43
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there another Unit 2 Practical which is important about polarisation and how it is used to detect sugar concentrations?
Reply 44
Does anyone have some notes for this paper?
Thnx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by leafy9
Does anyone have some notes for this paper?
Thnx

Posted from TSR Mobile

hope these help
Which practicals are you guys expecting? I'm thinking maybe, measuring Plank's constant or young modulus.
Original post by TSRlAd
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there another Unit 2 Practical which is important about polarisation and how it is used to detect sugar concentrations?

Are you sure if its in the spec? I don't think there is such a thing in our spec, but I can be mistaken...
Reply 48
Are you sure if its in the spec? I don't think there is such a thing in our spec, but I can be mistaken...

when you investigate the polarisation of the light using different sugar solutions..
Reply 49
Original post by nat_nat
how to find the range for the full-scaled ammeter and voltmeter?

what do you mean by 'full-scaled'
Reply 50
Which practicals are you guys expecting? I'm thinking maybe, measuring Plank's constant or young modulus.

plank's constant most likely
Reply 51
Original post by l-g
Please could you describe the general idea of internal resistance?

resistance in the battery/cell
Reply 52
Original post by nat_nat
Each ammeter and voltmeter or even multimeter have a full scale range.

In the experiments about internal resistance, the question asked about choice of measuring instrument. On choosing ammeter and voltmeter, the mark schemes require us to "comment on adequate range"

What does the marker expect us to write?

something like 'voltmeter most appropriate gives reading to 1v'
Reply 53
why aren't the past papers up on the edexcel website anymore?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54

My guesses are standing waves, measuring refractive index, Young Modulus, resistivity or Planck's constant.
Reply 55
Original post by ZTH
My guesses are standing waves, measuring refractive index, Young Modulus, resistivity or Planck's constant.

LOL! ALL of them :tongue:
Original post by Meera.S.
set circuit ;; the cell/battery. ammeter connected in series. volt meter parallel to variable resistor.by changing the value of R, measure current(I) and pd(v)plot a graph pd against I (the graph would be linear) the y-intercept is the emf.the equations is "E"= Ir - IR(which is V, since V=IR) r= internal resistance.y=mx+c --> V=-r I + "E" i.e; m=-r gradient is the internal resistance.
Thanx soo much :smile:
Reply 57
hey guys lets jus have poll for experiments...pls:confused:
What do you think will come tomorrow?:s-smilie:
Reply 59
Original post by nat_nat
Thanks

Could someone please deacribe experiment of measuring Planck constant?

I think the basic thing you have to know is K.E=hf-hf0 [KE y-axis, f x-axis, x-intercept is f0 and gradient is Planck constant]

The experiment can vary but the main thing is drawing the graph of KE against f and using that to get Planck constant which is the gradient.

Latest

Trending

Trending