The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'd take a B though. Still a chance of an A but for these exams I'm aiming for 5 Bs haha!
Original post by xoJennyox
I think that me and you are the only one who think this. I didn't like it either.

I really found it hard to find arguments!
I think you fail if you don't use all the sources...sorry :s-smilie:.

i thought it was only if you didn't include BK you failed?
Original post by StupidMaths
I really found it hard to find arguments!

Same, this girl finished twenty minutes early and I was like wtf? How is that possible?! I finished my conclusion just 1 minute before the time was up, so I just made it.

Yes I found arguments difficult to look for, combined with a lack of sleep and BK on smoking that was not too good for me. I think I passed the DME though, the few arguments that I had were well backed up. Did you do against or for?
Original post by hihelloitsnina
i thought it was only if you didn't include BK you failed?

And sources I am sure. I was told this by my MS teacher. Maybe someone else here can confirm it.

Usually on marking scheme it says in bold that: ALL sources must be used- even saying this on the exam papers. So it must be pretty significant :frown:.
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Same here...at least, I don't ever have to touch my notes again.

Do you know the appeal rates for Higher MS? I just know that this year is the last year for them tehe. I may need one if I don't get an A. I really want an A. I just want to know if I have one or not now!

And I will burning my notes :biggrin:. No MS ever again :smile:. That is the thought which is keeping me going today.
And sources I am sure. I was told this by my MS teacher. Maybe someone else here can confirm it.

Usually on marking scheme it says in bold that: ALL sources must be used- even saying this on the exam papers. So it must be pretty significant :frown:.

Damn I really hope that isn't the case :frown: I just completely forgot to put it in.
Some people are saying they think they got 3/3 in paper 2...what does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone answer the politics of development question? How'd you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scrabble96
Some people are saying they think they got 3/3 in paper 2...what does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 arguments on each side :smile:
Do you lose marks for accidentally writing wrong statistics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hihelloitsnina
Damn I really hope that isn't the case :frown: I just completely forgot to put it in.

Maybe go and ask your teacher? Hopefully she can clarify that matter for you. I hope that you are not penalized too harshly for that if the rest of your DME is good.
Original post by ladymarshmallow
3 arguments on each side :smile:

:smile: okay, thanks. What arguments did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's it, I think I'm binning my notes now.
:smile: okay, thanks. What arguments did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly cannot really remember now! For the arguments against though, I argued that it would be creating a nanny state and then countered it as part of the rebuttal.
Maybe go and ask your teacher? Hopefully she can clarify that matter for you. I hope that you are not penalized too harshly for that if the rest of your DME is good.

Yeah think I'm gonna ask her next week or whenever I'm in for my next exam! I actually thought I did well on the DME until I read the sources thing! Thank you btw
Do you lose marks for accidentally writing wrong statistics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe...I may have been guilty of that on a few occasions. I am not sure but if your statistics are WAY off then you would receive no credit. They mark positively in exams, you cannot lose marks but only gain them if that makes sense.
Same, this girl finished twenty minutes early and I was like wtf? How is that possible?! I finished my conclusion just 1 minute before the time was up, so I just made it.

Yes I found arguments difficult to look for, combined with a lack of sleep and BK on smoking that was not too good for me. I think I passed the DME though, the few arguments that I had were well backed up. Did you do against or for?

hahahaha i think we are the same person-all of that happened to me!

i was for it. yourself?
Hehe...I may have been guilty of that on a few occasions. I am not sure but if your statistics are WAY off then you would receive no credit. They mark positively in exams, you cannot lose marks but only gain them if that makes sense.

Okay :smile: what determines a C or a B grade essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Cabinet question was god awful :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending