The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anybody Tamil here? Inbox me, if I post my question here it will be seriously awkward for the boys to read :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Original post by Pabblethefish
It's the last topic I don't like, the questions are always really open and the answers are always syllabus specific even though there are other correct answers! I know this is common place with all exam papers but more-so in B3 4 I think :tongue:

3.4 is the environment so just write something about pollution and you'll be fine :wink:
Reply 202
Yeah, they were planning to be around £15 per book and most people were saying they'd rather just look on Facebook :tongue:

Haha that sounds funny and we're allowed but the SLT are always on duty and nobody in the school is allowed to go to the toilet during lessons on muck up day because they try to limit the pranks but the year 11s do it anyway. To be fair, I don't think they're really that bothered though, what's the worst an all-girls year 11 group can do? :angel: It's all just a bit of tongue in cheek humour though, nothing vicious :tongue:

Hahah that's true. Plus everyone at least looks good on FB. They took our picture on Friday without giving us notice in advance. :a

Hahaha I go to an all girls school too but the teachers have strict control over us. :frown: Don't think there will ever be such pranks. Thats hilarious how your teachers try to limit the damage. Lol
Haha we do harmless pranks on teachers like leaving pins for them to step on and fake poo's on seats. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
Pretty sure my friend did bakery for his skill and took Food Tech GCSE to show it he was doing A levels - not 100% sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile

The open group I did it with was quite strict, they were iffy about counting peer mentoring as volunteering. Although, for bronze it's okay to do anything pretty much but I think by the time you get to gold they're a little bit stricter on what you count as extracurricular and what not.
Ah, definitely not my school :wink: We sent about 2-4 people to Oxbridge each year and have little care for music (which is a shame).

aww :frown: it's pretty small - I want to go to a big school where you can get lost :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way, I clearly can't multiquote - sorry guys :tongue:
By the way, I clearly can't multiquote - sorry guys :tongue:

aha I just keep copy pasting because I'm on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was quick, u already finished the other thread :smile:
Reply 208
Is anybody Tamil here? Inbox me, if I post my question here it will be seriously awkward for the boys to read :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to know what this question is! :tongue:
Original post by Vionar

looool :P
Reply 210
aww :frown: it's pretty small - I want to go to a big school where you can get lost :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha when i first started at my school it was emotional... I'd get sooo lost... When the classroom was right in front of me. I'd hear older students saying "lets take the long route" and it hurt me to think that i'd probably never know the standard route let alone the short/long routes. :frown:

And i'm soooo curious about your Tamil Q! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
:slap:
French is not dull :unimpressed:

Ouch! :angry: Revising it is dull
Original post by Jina
We're not allowed to discuss it right after we have the exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think so, I think it's not until 0:00 on Tuesday (When I'll be sleeping :biggrin:) when we can discuss it!
Original post by JustaDreamer
Just did some :smile: 36/40 on the reading :biggrin:

:woo: well done :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
:unimpressed: It's not dull!

revising it is dull, just reading thinks, and it's not like it's a book where you can get into it. it's just some teenage retard who thinks she knows about the Spread of AIDS in Mozambique and some boy who got dumped because he did terrible at school :frown:
Reply 212
Original post by Vionar

Me too! It's bugging me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Hahah that's true. Plus everyone at least looks good on FB. They took our picture on Friday without giving us notice in advance. :a

Hahaha I go to an all girls school too but the teachers have strict control over us. :frown: Don't think there will ever be such pranks. Thats hilarious how your teachers try to limit the damage. Lol
Haha we do harmless pranks on teachers like leaving pins for them to step on and fake poo's on seats. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I really love going to an all girls school! Yeah we had a year group photo and I bought it because it's nice to keep and hang up somewhere perhaps. Throughout the year there's a lot of strict control, pastoral mentoring to keep grades high etc but a couple of teachers encourage funny pranks at the end of the year and complain that it's usually too boring! :') I just have this imprinted memory of last year's year 11s blue tacking up around the corridor, about finger-length cutouts of - let's say.. - explicit pictures and the assistant head just walking around before first lesson taking them all down with a rather disgruntled facial expression! :tongue:
Reply 214
Original post by Armani786
That was quick, u already finished the other thread :smile:

Armaniii... Exam tomorrow! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215
looool :P

What did you mean by embarrassing?

Original post by MattFletcher

revising it is dull, just reading thinks, and it's not like it's a book where you can get into it. it's just some teenage retard who thinks she knows about the Spread of AIDS in Mozambique and some boy who got dumped because he did terrible at school :frown:

:lol: Don't say that, I'll probably do that paper soon! I don't want to know the answers yet!
Reply 216
Original post by Jina
Me too! It's bugging me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like when somebody says they have a secret and then doesn't say anything more!
Original post by Vionar
What did you mean by embarrassing?

:lol: Don't say that, I'll probably do that paper soon! I don't want to know the answers yet!

haha it's the general gist for all the papers, always a question on like the environment etc. or some relationship and other boring stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school's small-medium I'd say... I have 120 per year and the school has something like 32 classrooms (not including computer rooms, science rooms and the library)
Reply 219
Original post by MattFletcher
haha it's the general gist for all the papers, always a question on like the environment etc. or some relationship and other boring stuff

I know, it's weird but better than OCR! They have people in people's cupboards and tigers escaping from Belgian zoos!

Latest