The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by AnnaMaiDo
Do we need to know about the different types of biogas generators, ie floating dome and all that malarchy

Nope, in the spec all it says is 'Know that biofuels can be made from natural products by fermentation. Biogas, mainly methane, can be produced by anaerobic fermentation of a wide range of plant products or waste material containing carbohydrates.'

So that's all you need to know
Reply 521
Original post by AnnaMaiDo
Do we need to know about the different types of biogas generators, ie floating dome and all that malarchy

I would say that you should know about rural biogas generation being a batch process (therefore has to be emptied and cleaned when production rate drops) and modern biogas generation being a semi-continuous flow process.
Original post by Last Theorem
Just noticed in the specification it says that we need to be able to 'evaluate the use of artificial valves'. Has anybody got any good notes on this that they would kindly share?

usually for evaluate questions the exam will have information in it anyway :smile: so there is a start :smile:
Original post by Last Theorem
Just noticed in the specification it says that we need to be able to 'evaluate the use of artificial valves'. Has anybody got any good notes on this that they would kindly share?

To be honest, I think that if we get a question about them in the exam we will be provided with all the information we need.
Reply 524
We will be provided with information if there is a question about biogas generators. I think people are wasting a lot of revision time on learning specifics about the process when it's not going to be useful
Original post by BI0
We will be provided with information if there is a question about biogas generators. I think people are wasting a lot of revision time on learning specifics about the process when it's not going to be useful

But it is still useful to know a bit ad there will be at least one mark in the question for biological understanding
Reply 526
Original post by BI0

Mmm, what do you think is the most important thing to spend time on?
Anyone got any good notes or anything on artificial blood? Would be forever grateful :3
Does anyone fancy asking each other some questions as the exam is tomorrow?
Going to have to cram :frown:
Have to learn all of B3 today!
Original post by WillowXxx
Does anyone fancy asking each other some questions as the exam is tomorrow?

Yeah sure, lets go for it.
Define the term biodiversity?
Reply 531
Original post by jonathanparkes
But it is still useful to know a bit ad there will be at least one mark in the question for biological understanding

Perhaps you're right but I don't think it's something worth going crazy over, i'd focus on other topics.

Original post by issie1234
Mmm, what do you think is the most important thing to spend time on?

I would say revise the heart, blood vessels and blood itself, since it wasn't that popular in the specimen.
Reply 532
Original post by Unknown505
Yeah sure, lets go for it.
Define the term biodiversity?

The range of species in a habitat!

How is the leaf adapted to maximize the efficiency of its functions?
Original post by BI0

The leaf is flat which increases the surface area.
The leaf is thin, which shortens the diffusion path for substances.
The leaf has air spaces which enable co2 to come in contact with several cells, and it gives it a large surface area for diffusion.
Original post by BI0

Explain how acid rain is formed and why this can be problematic for the environment? (5 Marks)
okay I'm going to fail this so badly..
Should I just do the past papers if I haven't learnt all the topics, or should I just spend the rest of today revising all of it
Original post by techno836
wow that is rather high :smile: .. still B1 one would be the best to resit as it is slightly smaller than B2 ..... but the grade boundries will be much higher this summer than when we sat it :/

still its best to be optimistic :biggrin:

My teacher told me that I can retake this exam if I want and they are going to put me in. But if I get lower, will the higher grade remain or not ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatGirlx
okay I'm going to fail this so badly..
Should I just do the past papers if I haven't learnt all the topics, or should I just spend the rest of today revising all of it

Revising all of it, I think. Its better to have the knowledge on what you will be tested on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkgorilla
My teacher told me that I can retake this exam if I want and they are going to put me in. But if I get lower, will the higher grade remain or not ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my teacher says that because its the last set of exams we can do the lower score counts ..... but i'm not 100% :smile:
Reply 539
Original post by Unknown505
Explain how acid rain is formed and why this can be problematic for the environment? (5 Marks)

Okay i'll give it a go;

Cars produce high levels of CO2 and sulfur impurities. When the engine is at high temperates, nitrogen impurities are also released. These react with oxygen to form nitrogen oxide and sulfur dioxide. These gases react with rainwater to form dilute sulfuric and nitric acid - known as acid rain. Acid rain is an issue because it can cause corrosion of buildings and statues, particularly the material limestone. Acid rain can also get into rivers, and if the concentration of acid gets too high many aquatic plants and animals will be unable to survive. Another issue is that acid rain can kill plants and trees which may result in ecosystems being destroyed.

What is meant when we say humans have a "double circulation" transport system

Latest

Trending

Trending