The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattFletcher
RS?

Meh, it's hardly much to remember!
Original post by Olympiad
I actually got 100% but didn't want to seem like a show off LOOL.
Ikr! Even a baby who hasn't even been born yet could answer those questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha ikr! I didn't know what some of the letters stood for etc, but the emotion question actually made me out loud.
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Haha ikr! I didn't know what some of the letters stood for etc, but the emotion question actually made me out loud.

SAME LOOL!!
Do people actually revise for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
They'll usually email stating you were unsuccessful or (if they're pricks) they'll just not contact you at all. If it's the latter, it would be best to call the recruitment people to get a final answer.

well I suppose I can wait until sunday before I do that -.- i'm not very good at confronting people on phones :L
SAME LOOL!!
Do people actually revise for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I think it's there so that if you turn up for an exam and suddenly 10 minutes before don't feel up for it you can get some sort of certification that day :hahaha:
No I think it's there so that if you turn up for an exam and suddenly 10 minutes before don't feel up for it you can get some sort of certification that day :hahaha:

Schools should make the Year 6's do it they would get so happy if/they will get full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its really complicated and won't be required in the exam, don't worry :smile:

thats a relief
Schools should make the Year 6's do it they would get so happy if/they will get full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha yeah, the new, dumbed down version of SATS for the kids who couldn't hack the mental maths paper 😂😂
Hahaha yeah, the new, dumbed down version of SATS for the kids who couldn't hack the mental maths paper 😂😂

eg me 😂
Joke, pretty sure I got high levels in the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluffroom
Meh, it's hardly much to remember!

God did it.
Looks good doesn't beat my Airbus A380 though :colonhash:
I got 4a in English, Maths and Science in my SATs, apparently that was good enough.

Is everybody ready for AQA Biology Unit 2 tomorrow? I'm doing Foundation, so I'm hoping it won't be way too hard.
Original post by MattFletcher
God did it.

Did he ****e.

My fav img in the world tbh.
I can't really imagine that a plane flying at Mach 4 would be very comfortable :tongue:

And one of the reasons why Concorde only flew to New York was because it was on the coast. Most countries don't like planes flying at supersonic, let alone hypersonic, speeds in the mainland.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by King Amukee
that's me :biggrin:
I don't suppose you know why people who are heterozygpous for sickle dcell anaemia are less likely to get malaria but people who are homozygous for it aren't? dont think you actually need to know it but i just don't get it :/

No, we don't need to know why but it's something I actually kind kf understand:

Basically, the thing is that the allele isn't completely dominant/recessive, so heterozygous sickle cell anaemia sufferers have slightly deformed red blood cells, but not all of them are. This means that there are less red blood cells with the surface area to cater for the merozoites (is it merozoites? I want to say merozoites) so less schizonts can explode out the cells which causes less of a problem. Homozygous sickle cell sufferers have bigger problems than malaria to worry about and homozygous healthy people have normal blood cells everywhere that can be invaded.

I think that's it...:smile:
Original post by Bluffroom
Did he ****e.

My fav img in the world tbh.

We know, God ain't real, otherwise air traffic would be a lot worse with the congestion around heaven

A1xf0NSCAAAYwd1.jpg
I'm not your mate, mate!
Touché :clap2: hahahahahah

Just make sure you don't land on my mansion, you may have heard of it. Has it's own airport you know :wink:
Original post by Molly_xox
No, we don't need to know why but it's something I actually kind kf understand:

Basically, the thing is that the allele isn't completely dominant/recessive, so heterozygous sickle cell anaemia sufferers have slightly deformed red blood cells, but not all of them are. This means that there are less red blood cells with the surface area to cater for the merozoites (is it merozoites? I want to say merozoites) so less schizonts can explode out the cells which causes less of a problem. Homozygous sickle cell sufferers have bigger problems than malaria to worry about and homozygous healthy people have normal blood cells everywhere that can be invaded.

I think that's it...:smile:

ohhh yeah completely forgot about the life cycle of a mosquito :/
The amount of stress it would put on the aircraft's metal will either mean you'd have things clattering about through the whole flight or the plane would rip into pieces.

Trust me, I used to play flight sim u ****ing wnat sum m8

Latest