The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh.... I said that the HEXA was ressesive and he boy didn't get it because he only had the one HEXA gene, but he was still a carrier...
Reply 981
Original post by hs.wong96
I said because it's sexual reproduction, it allows mixing of genetic material with the mother...and the boy inherited his mother's normal HEXA gene and that was dominant...

Guys could you take your discussion to the B2 thread because things gets confusing otherwise :smile:
I put that the iron ventilator worked from the outside and the other one worked from the inside..... ohh dearrr....
Reply 983
Original post by Farhan96
I'm not sure what would be on the mark scheme for that question but I have a feeling the key words will be negative pressure and positive pressure as they never mentioned this in the explanation bit. Wait till Nightstrider and Captain Anonymous get home and I'm sure between them they will have a good guess.

Oh right thanks.

And for that leaf water loss question, do u think I would get any marks for saying that the leaf was not connected to the root and so the water that was lost through transpiration could not be replenished and had started to run out ?
I put very similar to what you just said. I personally think that's right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
da exam woz soooo hardddd eapeciallyy dat bitchyyy tadpoleee!!!
Could somebody may a diffculty poll? I think we could compare it to those from january.
Reply 987
the heart diagram, wasn't it atrium, vena cava, ventricle, pulmonary vein? Well actually, I just checked, I know it is :P
Reply 988
Original post by PoisonSky
the heart diagram, wasn't it atrium, vena cava, ventricle, pulmonary vein? Well actually, I just checked, I know it is :P

Yh but the letter A was on the left hand side of the heart
Reply 989

nope aorta not pulmonary vein
Reply 990

Its the aorta not the pulmonary vein, I think!

I thought that it was the aorta - it had thick walls.
Reply 992
Original post by ahmed15
Yh but the letter A was on the left hand side of the heart

yeah, now I'm confused. I can't actually remember what was on the paper. But by left hand side, do you mean on the paper or on the heart?
Reply 993
I completely messed up on that last double page. Wrote the correct stuff, then crossed it all out with 5 mins remaining and wrote some stupid crap.

Unofficial Mark Scheme, anyone?
Reply 994
'A' was definitely aorta! (right hand side of the page, left of heart)
I think the diagrams were so confusing....
Reply 996
Original post by Aspire101
For the artery capillary vein question, I didn't read the bit where it said it was lungs :s-smilie: :frown:

I still got the labelling right but all of my answers about the oxygenated blood was the wrong way round.. Will I get any marks at all for those parts? Considering I had the right idea.. Just didn't notice it was lungs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anybody have any idea about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
yeah, now I'm confused. I can't actually remember what was on the paper. But by left hand side, do you mean on the paper or on the heart?

The left side of the heart, the right side of the paper!
Reply 998
someone post the unofficial mark scheme pls?!!!!?!?!?1
What were the answers for the diagram of the blood vessels in the lungs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending