The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've taken it upon myself to research about tadpoles lol yes I think the other substance was oxygen and I think for structure x thin walls or large surface area would count??

http://www.biology-resources.com/frog.html
Original post by Comp_uter15776
It asked for the duration between 30 and 180, so to get the gradient you need to find out the duration. If the values are 100 overall, (310-210), then you divide 100 by 150 to find what one minute's worth would be - 2/3.

Accidentally divided by 180, how many marks was it? Think it was 2?
Original post by laylarose
Came out of the exam feeling fairly confident... come on TSR and read all of your answers... :emo: No chance of averaging out an A now as I needed 92 UMS on that exam :frown:

On the bright side, I'm done with Biology for the rest of my life! :woo:

That's how I feel everytime I look on TSR. Everyone's like I put this and there's me like::eek:
Original post by fruity97
I've taken it upon myself to research about tadpoles lol yes I think the other substance was oxygen and I think for structure x thin walls or large surface area would count??

http://www.biology-resources.com/frog.html

Unfortunately I didn't mention about surface area or things that basically make exchange more efficient, instead stating how as it got larger there were more of those structure X's (gills? :P) and how they were larger, so more oxygen could be filtered.

Damn.
Original post by holly12345
Hi :smile: I got B1: 86UMS B2: 92UMS and ISA: 47/50

What do you think I need to get in B3 to get an a* overall?

Perhaps slightly higher than 82! Max 85 I would say!
Original post by bbadonde2

Yeah. You may get one for your answer if it's E.C.F (error carried forward).
Original post by Barlow
Why did you take away 30minutes from 180?

Because we had to work out the remaining loss of water from the leaf and the first 30 minutes had already been done, the 7 mg per minute.
Reply 1427
Original post by 1996smpam
It is not even funny how bad i did on that test, my mind just went blank and i started to panic. I think there is a high chance i won't get any marks on the last 4 pages; which is annoying as when I came out, i remembered and could explain the answers to my friend. My hope for an A overall has gone out the window.

Sorry for the long post.

I feel the same. I got an A in Biology in the mocks. Both the Unit 1 and 2 papers we sat today felt really, really hard. The paper made you label and name so many things instead of asking other questions which normally appear.

I could of achieved so much more. I felt I needed 10 more minutes on each paper to get the grades I wanted. In the last pages I only had 5 minutes.

So many things which I had revised didn't appear at all.
Unfortunately I didn't mention about surface area or things that basically make exchange more efficient, instead stating how as it got larger there were more of those structure X's (gills? :P) and how they were larger, so more oxygen could be filtered.

Damn.

You'd still get a mark for that!
The tadpole question? It seems loads more obvious now but in the exam I had no idea and started talking about the fact it had eyes and I just feel so stupid :s ugh

At least I managed to finish the paper (just) and the rest of it wasn't bad at all! (although no kidney/heart transplant stuff :c) The six marker was a gift!

I hope everyone else feels good about it! Good luck for Chemistry and Physics next week!
You'd still get a mark for that!

A minor consolidation perhaps xD I'm a perfectionist! Ah well... dreams of A* perhaps slowly fading away :biggrin:

Wbu?
Original post by ResultInExcellence

Worked out you need 88 UMS for A*
Original post by holly12345
Hi :smile: I got B1: 86UMS B2: 92UMS and ISA: 47/50

What do you think I need to get in B3 to get an a* overall?

You need 360/400 UMS to get an A*.

Assuming 47 is 94 UMS then

94+86+92 = 272 UMS gained

360-272= 88

You need 88 UMS in this exam :smile:
Reply 1433

Damn.

I don't suppose talking about how the tadpoles grew eyes and a tail would get me any marks for sight and feeling surfaces?
Reply 1434

Daymn, done the same :frown:
Original post by ResultInExcellence

Okay thank you! :smile:
The fact is that most people won't get A*'s, even if you get like 84, 93 and 88 so far you need like 90 something for an A*. Science is one of the hardest subjects to get an A* in
What did everyone put on the diagram of the lungs with arrows on it? Letters F, G and H? Was it pulmonary artery, alveoli and pulmonary vein? :smile:
Original post by Skez0
I don't suppose talking about how the tadpoles grew eyes and a tail would get me any marks for sight and feeling surfaces?

Haha unsure mate, it did say not to talk about movement (with tail) but you may get a mark as it said how does it cope with its environment (owtte).
Would I still get the mark for mineral ions on the tadpole question?

Latest

Trending

Trending