The Student Room Group

AS Aspects of Narrative exam, Friday 17th May

Scroll to see replies

Wasn't too bad, I really wanted part 1 to come up for The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner but we got part 2 which was okay! However that Second question on the mariner's psychological state was just ridiculous!! Like what the hell was that all about? As soon as I saw that I was like.... "damn, that's me retaking again then".

Section B was just bliss! I answered the Time and Settings question for The Kite Runner, The Great Gatsby and Tennyson's poems. Really cool.

As soon as I finished with section A, I saw the Great Gatsby question and realised it was on chapter 8, and I'm a flipping expert on chapter 8 lol.. should have looked through the paper first Oh well...wasn't to bad though!
Reply 21
I did the setting question as well (for section B), but I didn't talk about time I was talking about setting as in place... I can't remember, did the question specifically asked for time?
Reply 22
Original post by KirstBarlow
Section A - Gatsby
Section B - Conflict

I actually liked the exam but I'm worried I've messed up and not realised. Feel it's been my best one so far.
I ended up writing 16 pages (one page was full of plan for section B so it's 15 pages) very happy with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

16 pages?! HOW?! I think I wrote seven...
Reply 23
Original post by Karolina95
I did the setting question as well (for section B), but I didn't talk about time I was talking about setting as in place... I can't remember, did the question specifically asked for time?

I think it said 'Time settings' so you might get away with it with any luck :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Wasn't too bad, I really wanted part 1 to come up for The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner but we got part 2 which was okay! However that Second question on the mariner's psychological state was just ridiculous!! Like what the hell was that all about? As soon as I saw that I was like.... "damn, that's me retaking again then".

Section B was just bliss! I answered the Time and Settings question for The Kite Runner, The Great Gatsby and Tennyson's poems. Really cool.

As soon as I finished with section A, I saw the Great Gatsby question and realised it was on chapter 8, and I'm a flipping expert on chapter 8 lol.. should have looked through the paper first Oh well...wasn't to bad though!

how did you like the Section B questions eek?! I did Marinere as well, thought Ab was a bit obscure... But workable, just a bit awkward to write about I think!
Original post by ginge1+2
16 pages?! HOW?! I think I wrote seven...

I have no idea how I did it. I did 16 overall but 1 was for plan for section B. I just kept writing and because I've done every past paper I'm good at time. I ended up doing 2 points for 'Enduring Love' 3 poems of Auden with 2-3 points each and then 4 poems (planned on 3 but had 10 more minutes so I threw in another) on Browning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I never write too much our teachers always warn us of "writing ourselves out of a grade" if you do too much. I did Keats for the first question and struggled with it :/, mainly part a.
Original post by hanrag
I never write too much our teachers always warn us of "writing ourselves out of a grade" if you do too much. I did Keats for the first question and struggled with it :/, mainly part a.

My teacher who is an examiner told me they look out for how much you write and try to boost you up for it so I was advices to write anything relevant and not to worry about how much is produced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending