The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by HmMusic
My MHA was ill last week too. I did stay in bed all day! Perhaps it is the mental health worker lurgy :ahee:

I don't know what you work on in CBT but I always find it helpful to go get extra help before exams or deadlines. Perhaps you could tall about your anxieties and ways you can overcome them? Not sure if it applies but it may give you a slight boost? X

Maybe! If it's an official thing, they should def have warned us in advance. :wink:

Normally we discuss horrible (PTSD) things and I come out feeling pretty horrific, but I've decided I'll just go on Friday and say I don't wanna talk about triggering things. If we just deal with exam stress instead, it should be helpful rather than triggering. Hopefully.

I hope the residential goes ok. :hugs:
ARGH SO ANXIOUS NOW. I'm on ESA for bipolar, and when I saw ATOS I was dreading it but the lady was lovely and recommended I be left alone for 18 months and put in the highest group. For some reason the jobcentre changed it and put me in the work related group. I've just had a letter from them asking me to go to an interview with a work advisor at 9am next Tues, despite the fact I'm in the middle of an episode (ended up in emergency at 2am last week and have been put on SSRIs and diazepam...) and having sleeping difficulties. I don't even want to leave the house on my own, how the **** am I supposed to do this?!

I rang up and explained what happened, only to get told "oh the person who deals with your case isn't in, no one else who deals with this is in". When I asked when to ring back, I was told next Monday...a bank holiday, which they're closed on. So then I was told to ring on Tuesday...my interview is 9am on Tuesday, so how the **** can I ring then?! The woman just kept saying "I can't do anything" but if I don't go I'll lose my benefits...yet when I try to cancel it for a reason that's to do with my condition there's no one there to deal with it?! Stressing. Feel anxious. Trembling. :frown:
Reply 982
Original post by asdfgah
Maybe! If it's an official thing, they should def have warned us in advance. :wink:

Normally we discuss horrible (PTSD) things and I come out feeling pretty horrific, but I've decided I'll just go on Friday and say I don't wanna talk about triggering things. If we just deal with exam stress instead, it should be helpful rather than triggering. Hopefully.

I hope the residential goes ok. :hugs:

Thanks :-) I'm still at college at the moment so I'm getting my fix before we run out of signal in deepest darkest West Dorset :awesome:

I'm glad you are able to do that. It should make things a bit easier :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Guess who missed their exam? :facepalm: So useless. What is the point. I can't even make it to an exam. :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have to have a blood test in about an hour and I have a really really bad phobia of medical procedures of any kind. So anxious right now but don't want to take any diazepam in case it messes up the test results. :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 985
Original post by FuzzySheep

I don't know if they are or it's in my head, but either way I'm just too scared to talk to or be around people at the moment and it feels pathetic that I can't even go to the kitchen to get some water or something :frown: It's just retrospectively looking at how my life has gone, it's like I have no chance for "normal" ever again, and I don't know what the point is, if that makes sense. I have counselling tomorrow morning though which is something to focus on at least. Gah, sorry I'm whinging so much! You all must be sick of me.

How are you doing TLG? :jumphug: How's the job and everything else going? I will have a look for you too, would be nice to catch up :smile: I hope you're doing well and everything's going alright.

:jumphug: I guess what you are saying seems a lot like me because I feel like that too a lot of the time, too scared to talk to people and not seeing the point. Don't know what else to say really other than good luck :hugs:

Original post by PonchoKid
well my boyfriend has officially seen how patetic i am. apparently hiding and wimpering behind him because of a tiny moth wasnt my best idea for the night :frown:

been feeling pretty rubbish all day, just need a new body really :s-smilie:

Original post by PonchoKid
i just reacted completely irrationally, i saw it and scrambled up the bed to literally hide behind him wimpering, he didnt even see the moth :s-smilie:
dont really have anyone caring about me IRL trust me, im slowly pushing everyone away :s-smilie:
have a hell of a lot of uni work to finish, placement to finish, finishing uni, packing my entire life up, seeing my mum, changing drs, all while my body is slowly giving up on me, creating more health fears and my MH is decreasing... i just need a break

You may think you are pathetic but that is not true :yep: your boyfriend can't see that as true otherwise he would be a bad boyfriend and I know he isn't :tongue: :jumphug:

Original post by HmMusic
Thanks :-) I'm still at college at the moment so I'm getting my fix before we run out of signal in deepest darkest West Dorset :awesome:

I'm glad you are able to do that. It should make things a bit easier :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for the placement! :smile: Dorset sounds great :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
Meanwhile I can't stop wishing I had a girlfriend :sad:. I'd really love to have a person to cuddle and talk to and be able to love them for who they are. But I don't. My bed feels empty at night :sad:. Maybe I should just get a teddy.

:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
Guess who missed their exam? :facepalm: So useless. What is the point. I can't even make it to an exam. :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Missing an exam doesn't make you useless :noway: Is there someone you can speak to to explain what happened and see if they can discount this paper and take an average from the rest or something?

Original post by Mouse Potato
I have to have a blood test in about an hour and I have a really really bad phobia of medical procedures of any kind. So anxious right now but don't want to take any diazepam in case it messes up the test results. :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I'm not sure but I think for a lot of bloods you can take diazepam beforehand, did your doctor say you shouldn't?
Original post by FuzzySheep
I don't know if they are or it's in my head, but either way I'm just too scared to talk to or be around people at the moment and it feels pathetic that I can't even go to the kitchen to get some water or something :frown: It's just retrospectively looking at how my life has gone, it's like I have no chance for "normal" ever again, and I don't know what the point is, if that makes sense. I have counselling tomorrow morning though which is something to focus on at least. Gah, sorry I'm whinging so much! You all must be sick of me.

Oh hun :jumphug: I really do honestly believe that with the right help, you can beat these inner demons and you can get better, so that you will be less afraid. Just be patient with yourself and don't beat yourself up. For what it's worth, I get really paranoid at work if someone walks into the kitchen whilst I'm there, so you're not the only one with these issues! Things can improve with CBT, I've found :yes: I'm much better than I used to be :h:

Of course we're not sick of you hun! Don't be a silly billy :jumphug:

How are you doing TLG? :jumphug: How's the job and everything else going? I will have a look for you too, would be nice to catch up :smile: I hope you're doing well and everything's going alright.

I'm good thanks! Having sleeping problems (need SO.MUCH.SLEEP. It's unreal :emo: ) but other than that, things are good :smile:

Original post by avhhs

Yay someone agrees with me :biggrin: How are you doing these days? :smile:

See above :yep:

Original post by asdfgah
Therapist is ill, so I could really just stay in bed all day. I'm not that sure what to do because she's offered me an appointment on Friday but I'm not sure if it's sensible to have CBT the day before an exam (or maybe it could even be helpful, I suppose?). If I don't do Friday I'll end up with three weeks or more between appts which isn't ideal. Bit worried about what I will do with today as well. I wasn't really wanting therapy but at least it would have forced me away from revision and my bedroom.

Ah, I'm so sorry she's had to cancel hun. I'm not sure what the best thing to do is either :s-smilie:

Original post by 08batee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh lovely, I'm sorry hun. It sounds like you had a very rough night, so try not to be hard on yourself :lovehug:

Original post by avhhs
Meanwhile I can't stop wishing I had a girlfriend :sad:. I'd really love to have a person to cuddle and talk to and be able to love them for who they are. But I don't. My bed feels empty at night :sad:. Maybe I should just get a teddy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Teddies are awesome! I have a giraffe and an elephant, plus a pillow that's designed like a pig :gah: This is not to mention all my childhood teddies and things like Beanie Babies :yep:
Reply 989
Original post by thatsthebadger93
Missing an exam doesn't make you useless :noway: Is there someone you can speak to to explain what happened and see if they can discount this paper and take an average from the rest or something?

:hugs: I'm not sure but I think for a lot of bloods you can take diazepam beforehand, did your doctor say you shouldn't?

Thanks :hugs: It just seems a bit ridiculous. I suppose I could talk to someone but I doubt there will be anything that can be done really. I don't even know why I missed it really, just couldn't bring myself. Thanks for the support. Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 990
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oh hun :jumphug: I really do honestly believe that with the right help, you can beat these inner demons and you can get better, so that you will be less afraid. Just be patient with yourself and don't beat yourself up. For what it's worth, I get really paranoid at work if someone walks into the kitchen whilst I'm there, so you're not the only one with these issues! Things can improve with CBT, I've found :yes: I'm much better than I used to be :h:

I'm good thanks! Having sleeping problems (need SO.MUCH.SLEEP. It's unreal :emo: ) but other than that, things are good :smile:

Ah, I'm so sorry she's had to cancel hun. I'm not sure what the best thing to do is either :s-smilie:

Oh lovely, I'm sorry hun. It sounds like you had a very rough night, so try not to be hard on yourself :lovehug:

Teddies are awesome! I have a giraffe and an elephant, plus a pillow that's designed like a pig :gah: This is not to mention all my childhood teddies and things like Beanie Babies :yep:

Thanks hun. :hugs: Yeah, was very rough, no idea what's gotten into me at the moment. I'd never have dreamt of missing an exam before. But I got no sleep so it's probably best anyway. Hope you're okay :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
ARGH SO ANXIOUS NOW. I'm on ESA for bipolar, and when I saw ATOS I was dreading it but the lady was lovely and recommended I be left alone for 18 months and put in the highest group. For some reason the jobcentre changed it and put me in the work related group. I've just had a letter from them asking me to go to an interview with a work advisor at 9am next Tues, despite the fact I'm in the middle of an episode (ended up in emergency at 2am last week and have been put on SSRIs and diazepam...) and having sleeping difficulties. I don't even want to leave the house on my own, how the **** am I supposed to do this?!

I rang up and explained what happened, only to get told "oh the person who deals with your case isn't in, no one else who deals with this is in". When I asked when to ring back, I was told next Monday...a bank holiday, which they're closed on. So then I was told to ring on Tuesday...my interview is 9am on Tuesday, so how the **** can I ring then?! The woman just kept saying "I can't do anything" but if I don't go I'll lose my benefits...yet when I try to cancel it for a reason that's to do with my condition there's no one there to deal with it?! Stressing. Feel anxious. Trembling. :frown:

Put it in writing in a letter and post it to them ASAP, preferably with proof of postage. That way they have an explanation already and it's their fault for not dealing with things not yours. I take it it's Tuesday next week?
So after a really bad couple of days I woke up feeling semi-decent today.... until my step mum starts winding me up... sends me more stupid texts .... this time about my dad's birthday... because apparently i am incapable of realising it's his 50th this year even though i already have in my diary that weekend free and written in to visit him... so she wants to do a surprise dinner... which he will hate.. he hates being with loads of people especially if the spot light is on him... she wants to go to a restaurant which he's not really fusssed about... i suggested one of his favourites that i used to go to with him and my grandpa... noooo she says well i went there and it was disgusting... despite being a highly rated restaurant in london.. hmm.. been there loads and it's amazing... she wants to invite 40 people on top of family which is about 8... he only has about 5 friends!!!! it's all about her and how good she'll look ooh look at me i'm the wonderful wife i planned this blablabla...... when in fact she's making meeeeeee choose where we go..... and making me somehow get in contact with his friends..... i'm 100 miles away and i'm not psychic... she can just look in his address book on his phone ffs. how am i meant to know all of this ...
she does things deliberately to piss me off.....................................
not to mention she's pissed me off and my boyfriend because long story short .... sister's party on weekend and it's some stupid theme.... and we asked can we just dress normally we aren't comfortable with doing that....... she said yeah fine dress how we want as long as we are comfortable.... then she text me yesterday having a go at me saying we should make an effort blablabla WELL WE WEREN'T GOING TO TURN UP IN ****ING PYJAMAS :angry: hate it when people back track on what they say....
gagiuorihoagd;hlfaglgasoigaewjgawegj;aiewjgaoe
keyboard bash over
Reply 993
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I've been needing loads of sleep recently too because of Citalopram. But at least things seem good otherwise :smile:

You have loads :eek: I don't have any, and a bit stuck as to where to look for them :tongue:
Reply 994
Am sitting down in Boots because struggling to deal with All Of The Noise And Movement. Everything is moving and then it's spinning as well which doesn't help and it feels like my clothes are getting tighter around my chest. Don't want to waste diazepam and it feels oh so pathetic that just being outside is making me feel so ill. :cry2:
Original post by 08batee

Posted from TSR Mobile

I missed my exam last week too. Made me feel pretty bad, but at the same time I know going to it wouldn't have been a good idea. Go easy on yourself, get in touch with someone from collegeand let them know what happened, and remember it's not the end of the world. :hugs:

Original post by avhhs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Avhhs very few personal problems are actually solved by starting a relationship. I get that you wish you had someone close to you, but that itself would come with problems too - the closer a relationship you have with someone, the more responsible you become for their well-being as well as yours, which can involve a whole load more difficulties when one or more of you has mental health issues. I think you need to be a bit more realistic about how the world works, and about envying what other people have.
Nice to meet you all, I decided to come off anon and if people who know me find this, well.... Hi. I'm human.
Well finally saw a doctor today after 9 months ago, seeing one who made me even worse. Just my luck that my normal GP was away so I got to see a new doctor who is way better and ACTUALLY understands and makes 10 minute appointments feel longer. :woo:
So yeah. Severe depression plus anxiety, getting referred to a psychiatrist (don't know how I'm possibly going to keep that from my parents... I've already kept everything else from them because they react badly to it and I just have panic attacks). I'm also getting meds in about two weeks' time or something, apparently. Lol the printer broke so she couldn't print stuff. Also, I went in with the biggest list of things classed into three categories: emotional, physical, and important life events/information. Even though I spent half of it crying and stabbing a paper towel with my finger, it went okay. I feel like something might happen for once. The first time I feel like I've actually moved around in two years... if that makes sense. Told a handful of friends. Some reacted unfavourably. Know who *not* to go to now. In the run up to this appointment, I could think of only one person who could provide me with comfort and I've never even met her *d'oh*. Exams start and 18th birthday on Wednesday. Give me strength pls and we can all share it out like birthday sweets. *hangs onto ledge of strength*
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Put it in writing in a letter and post it to them ASAP, preferably with proof of postage. That way they have an explanation already and it's their fault for not dealing with things not yours. I take it it's Tuesday next week?

That's a good idea. I'll do that, thanks. I'm stresssed, I only had the letter on Saturday so this was the earliest I could ring :frown: At least then they can doccument that I've tried to sort it out
Reply 998
Well the good news is there is full signal up on this hill. The bad news is my tutor is being an absolute control freak dickhead and not letting me sit down in between recording takes. I nearly cried because my belly is hurting so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 999
Ok posting that made me actually cry. I can't go outside cos everyone is out there smoking. I don't want to draw attention to myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest