The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah :tongue: I said 64/76 minimum marks... But even that isn't enough :mad:

We choose 4 from 6 topics. I couldn't even choose my best four, had to choose 2 I could do the least worse (if that makes sense)

And the ones I did do, I had to use common sense :frown: although the ones I did well I did awesome-ly :mmm:

Hope it's an A*, or at least borderline bevause the next module is easy :lol: and "we were taught"..

I thought RS is supposed to be mostly common sense :mmm: though I never did it before so idk...

Would be a shame if you dropped another A* :colone:
Original post by justinawe
I thought RS is supposed to be mostly common sense

Entirely the opposite, actually :colonhash:
Original post by Molly_xox
Those 5 markers on the AQA RS exam were a lovely surprise, as were the extra 4 marks for SPaG...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Where the **** did 5 marks come from?!

Original post by justinawe
I thought RS is supposed to be mostly common sense :mmm: though I never did it before so idk...

Would be a shame if you dropped another A* :colone:

Another?:tongue:

I need to lower my aims to 8 maybe...
Original post by MangoFreak
Entirely the opposite, actually :colonhash:

I thought it would be quite easy if you just answered everything from an atheist's point of view... or are you not supposed to do that? :holmes:
Yeah! Where the **** did 5 marks come from?!

I looked and was like '5 marks?! S**t!' And repeated it for every question I answered :s-smilie: which 4 did you do? The world poverty one was horribly worded :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I looked and was like '5 marks?! S**t!' And repeated it for every question I answered :s-smilie: which 4 did you do? The world poverty one was horribly worded :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was self taught, so had to choose the two I'd NOT do.

So I did...
Medical Ethics and the last three...

Death and Elderly and Drugs looked horrid :redface:

World Poverty five marker... Wth were we meant to write?! I wrote what emergency/short term aid was, examples of religious organisations who helped and what they did...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3066
German tomorrow, doing foundation - should I revise? :|
I was self taught, so had to choose the two I'd NOT do.

So I did...
Medical Ethics and the last three...

Death and Elderly and Drugs looked horrid :redface:

World Poverty five marker... Wth were we meant to write?! I wrote what emergency/short term aid was, examples of religious organisations who helped and what they did...

Self-taught? That's quite impressive :smile: we were only taught Matters of Life, Matters of Death, Crime and Punishment and World Poverty so could only answer those :/

Death wasn't actually too bad :smile: yeah, I used Christian Aid as an example of emergency aid and explained why those responses were emergency aid, then used Islamic Relief and gave two examples (I know more about them) and explained why those examples were long term aid.

The three marker on World Poverty, about obeying God's justice or whatever, I made it up because I wasn't overly sure what it was asking :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Self-taught? That's quite impressive :smile: we were only taught Matters of Life, Matters of Death, Crime and Punishment and World Poverty so could only answer those :/

Death wasn't actually too bad :smile: yeah, I used Christian Aid as an example of emergency aid and explained why those responses were emergency aid, then used Islamic Relief and gave two examples (I know more about them) and explained why those examples were long term aid.

The three marker on World Poverty, about obeying God's justice or whatever, I made it up because I wasn't overly sure what it was asking :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll see what I get first :lol:

Ooh, unlucky! Death was just weird the five marker I thought, and drugs too... So I left them, I could have answered all six though in time to a normal standard..

Aah, I wrote about how religion itself isn't needed but the principles of charity (zakat) would eradicate poverty... :dontknow:

Hoping they like bull****... What other module (if any) are you doing? I'm doing unit 4 as well
Original post by MizRman
German tomorrow, doing foundation - should I revise? :|

Nah i'm doing higher and i'm not even bothering to revise :colone:
Reply 3070
Original post by sarahiscool
Nah i'm doing higher and i'm not even bothering to revise :colone:

Well if you're decent at German or know it well there must be nothing to worry about!
We'll see what I get first :lol:

Ooh, unlucky! Death was just weird the five marker I thought, and drugs too... So I left them, I could have answered all six though in time to a normal standard..

Aah, I wrote about how religion itself isn't needed but the principles of charity (zakat) would eradicate poverty... :dontknow:

Hoping they like bull****... What other module (if any) are you doing? I'm doing unit 4 as well

Haha, good point :smile:

About euthanasia? It wasn't too bad because I knew what I was talking about (yn) wow, I can only just do 4 (but that's with 10 mins checking)

Oh, I said theoretically it would work as we're all equal in the eyes of God, yet if some people pay more taxes etc and still gets the same as someone who pays less they wouldn't see it as just and more countries have more fertile land so it may create tensions between nations as some would be giving more than others would be receiving. :s-smilie: actually had no idea :L

I did unit 2 (religion and life issues) last year (as a short course) and extended it this year with religion and morality :smile: which one is that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, good point :smile:

About euthanasia? It wasn't too bad because I knew what I was talking about (yn) wow, I can only just do 4 (but that's with 10 mins checking)

Oh, I said theoretically it would work as we're all equal in the eyes of God, yet if some people pay more taxes etc and still gets the same as someone who pays less they wouldn't see it as just and more countries have more fertile land so it may create tensions between nations as some would be giving more than others would be receiving. :s-smilie: actually had no idea :L

I did unit 2 (religion and life issues) last year (as a short course) and extended it this year with religion and morality :smile: which one is that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember, I would have been able to answer euthanasia actually...

Really?:eek: I finished in about an hour? Maybe a bit more

What did you get? Unit 4 is "Ultimate Questions"

I wrote an apology for poor and rich about my tendency to.drift into politics rants
x

when is results day ?
Original post by techno836
when is results day ?

:dontknow: 22nd? No idea
Original post by techno836
when is results day ?

22nd August :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arrrrrgh about 3 months until results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't remember, I would have been able to answer euthanasia actually...

Really?:eek: I finished in about an hour? Maybe a bit more

What did you get? Unit 4 is "Ultimate Questions"

I wrote an apology for poor and rich about my tendency to.drift into politics rants

Yeah :s-smilie: I've been doing it like that for 2 years though, used to 22.5 mins per question :smile:

I got A* with 92UMS:smile: what do you cover in that? That sounds really cool actually :smile:

Really? Haha, that's funny :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
:dontknow: 22nd? No idea

haha Thanks :smile: ... making sure I wasn't going to be on holiday :biggrin:
Original post by MizRman
Well if you're decent at German or know it well there must be nothing to worry about!

Im awful though, but I dont care if I get a c/b/d , good luck !

Latest