The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
When I saw the length of Passage B I started grinning like an idiot - I thought it was easier than a lot of the past papers!
Reply 21
Dreading A402 :s-smilie:
Reply 22
It was definitely 'huge dog'.

I put brother too, just looked it up now and it's plural. :/ Stupid mark to lose, oh well! It was only one though!
Reply 23
Original post by flexee
It did agree with brothers

I don't think so otherwise it would've been omnium fratrium (all of the brother)
Reply 24
Just realised for 'alium' I wrote the other gods instead of other gods. Will that get penalised, do you think?
Reply 25
Original post by dill1996
I don't think so otherwise it would've been omnium fratrium (all of the brother)

No, I think it was that he won everything with the help of his brothers.
Reply 26
Original post by alexgr97
No, I think it was that he won everything with the help of his brothers.

Yeah I agree. Im just saying it wasn't all his brothers
Reply 27
Yeah I agree. Im just saying it wasn't all his brothers

It definitely was 'all of his brothers', this has been verified by my Latin teacher.
Reply 28

It was 'omnes fratrum', not fratrem
I put brother as singular and I didn't mention Atlas turning into a mountain, I just put stone :/
Reply 30
Original post by Nandosfood
I put brother as singular and I didn't mention Atlas turning into a mountain, I just put stone :/

Same :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I thought it was 54/60 but it might be lower because that was harder.
Reply 32
I thought it was pretty simple. The 20 mark passage in particular - only 1 ablative absolute, and 2/3 future tenses?

Nothing really difficult about it, apart from the fact that I might have not been terribly coherent on describing what I think of Perseus (this is Latin, not English!).

And yeah... I put down 'all of his brothers'... then changed it to singular. I thought 'fratrum' as singular can't be right. Ah well. That was only one paper, it'll be easy to make up for the marks lost there with the remaining 3.
Original post by NikolaT
I thought it was pretty simple. The 20 mark passage in particular - only 1 ablative absolute, and 2/3 future tenses?

Nothing really difficult about it, apart from the fact that I might have not been terribly coherent on describing what I think of Perseus (this is Latin, not English!).

And yeah... I put down 'all of his brothers'... then changed it to singular. I thought 'fratrum' as singular can't be right. Ah well. That was only one paper, it'll be easy to make up for the marks lost there with the remaining 3.

Yeah the translation was definitely nice. Only 2 accusative + infinitive constructions over the paper too, and only one you had to translate (I think, it has been a day now :P)
Reply 34
Original post by NikolaT

So annoyed I didn't even see the ablative absolute! that would be a major though right?
How many marks do you think I'd lose for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NDM.
So annoyed I didn't even see the ablative absolute! that would be a major though right?
How many marks do you think I'd lose for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends how you translated it. Maximum one mark though, it would count as a major error, although likelihood is if you recognised the words you still would have translated it right...
So just out of interest, what's everyone doing for A403 and A404?

I'm doing Apuleius and the Thessaly story + Pliny for A403, and Aeneid 12 for A404. I absolutely love the Aeneid, but sometimes it can be really annoying!
Reply 37
Hey, I was wondering if anyone is doing the verse paper with the shield of Aeneas? My teacher went on maternity leave and we never did a translation or got any notes :/ If anyone does have anything to hand, it would really help :smile: Thanks x
Reply 38
Original post by TelephoneBox
So just out of interest, what's everyone doing for A403 and A404?

I'm doing Apuleius and the Thessaly story + Pliny for A403, and Aeneid 12 for A404. I absolutely love the Aeneid, but sometimes it can be really annoying!

Suetonius, Livy and Pliny for A403, also Aeneid 12 for A404. I actually don't mind it, for me it's more the memorizing of the prose translations I have a problem with.

We have some pretty crazy stuff happening in our stories - ghosts cutting hair and whatnot.
Original post by legolas97
Hey, I was wondering if anyone is doing the verse paper with the shield of Aeneas? My teacher went on maternity leave and we never did a translation or got any notes :/ If anyone does have anything to hand, it would really help :smile: Thanks x

I'm doing that! I've attach a crib sheet. I could probably find you some past papers, as well, if you'd like? :smile: Good luck with the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending