The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR McDonald's Munchie Championship!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
NEW HEAT SELECTED!

DELI CHOICES SPICY VEGGIE SANDWICH/WRAP versus BACON ROLL!

Want to know something awesome? Up until 2010 the Veggie Patty was not actually vegetarian-friendly. Seriously. It was actually cooked using the same fat as the meat. That was up until some vegetarian laddie or lassie piped up, "Er... what's the point on a veggie sandwich that isn't veggie?" and Mister McD thought, "actually, you hippies are right" - and so he started making them veggie after all. But vegans? Pah. Nope. Ronald wasn't having ANY of that. "AWAY BACK TAE YER HEMP HUTS!" Screeched the furious clown, and chased them out of his shop with a flail made out of tethered Chicken Selects.

True story.
Bacon roll! You can't beat bacon.
Reply 162
DELI CHOICES SPICY VEGGIE SANDWICH.

Because I can see this being tempting when I don't want meat, although I haven't seen this before. The bacon roll looks inferior to the mcmuffins.
Original post by TotoMimo

Want to know something awesome? Up until 2010 the Veggie Patty was not actually vegetarian-friendly. Seriously. It was actually cooked using the same fat as the meat. That was up until some vegetarian laddie or lassie piped up, "Er... what's the point on a veggie sandwich that isn't veggie?" and Mister McD thought, "actually, you hippies are right" - and so he started making them veggie after all. But vegans? Pah. Nope. Ronald wasn't having ANY of that. "AWAY BACK TAE YER HEMP HUTS!" Screeched the furious clown, and chased them out of his shop with a flail made out of tethered Chicken Selects.

True story.

This made me laugh 😆

I have to go with the Spicy Veggie Sandwich, seeing as I don't eat bacon :P
Spicy veggie deli. I can make a mean bacon roll/baguette at home if I want one. Who needs to buy bacon out? We can all do it daily! I like the veggie deli, though I probably ate it as a veggie thinking it was friendly pre-2010 but hey ho. What I didn't know didn't hurt me!
Reply 165
Bacon roll.
Spicy veggie<3
Waaaaah the Hamburger has gone :'(
Bacon roll! Why a vegetarian would choose to go to McDonalds is a little bit beyond me.
Original post by MissDavies
Bacon roll! Why a vegetarian would choose to go to McDonalds is a little bit beyond me.

Why wouldn't they? There aren't loads of veggie options at McDonald's, but most places don't have more than one or two anyway. I was veggie for a while and I still ate at McDonalds!
Original post by alabelle
Why wouldn't they? There aren't loads of veggie options at McDonald's, but most places don't have more than one or two anyway. I was veggie for a while and I still ate at McDonalds!

I have a few veggie friends who will go to McDonalds if a group are going but they all say they would never choose to go there. I guess I'm not qualified to comment since I'm not a vegetarian but since even the veggie options weren't suitable for vegetarians until a couple of years ago it just doesn't seem like a particularly veggie-friendly place!
Original post by MissDavies
I have a few veggie friends who will go to McDonalds if a group are going but they all say they would never choose to go there. I guess I'm not qualified to comment since I'm not a vegetarian but since even the veggie options weren't suitable for vegetarians until a couple of years ago it just doesn't seem like a particularly veggie-friendly place!

Sadly it's only the same as most other places! Going out to eat when I was veggie sucked because there weren't many options wherever we went. :/
spicy one

I'm not a veggy but I still like having veggy options now and then because I really like them
Reply 173
Bacon roll defo
Hmm, I wouldn't choose either if I went to McDonald's but I'm going to save the Veggie Burger because it looks quite nice, actually. :biggrin:
Really tricky vote to make here... but it'll have to be the spicy veggie :smile:
Reply 176
DELI CHOICES SPICY VEGGIE PATTY SANDWICH/WRAP WINS!

It's bizarre when sweetcorn beats out bacon on TSR. It's also far more bizarre when the bacon is the much, much healthier option; the Spicy Veggie is one of the least virtuous options on the menu; it has more saturated fat and calories than even the beastie Quarter Pounder with Cheese! (520 over 490!)

Regardless, you voted it in, and bacon is out. What a corny caper indeed.
Reply 177
NEW HEAT IS SELECTED!

BIG MAC versus DAIRY MILK MCFLURRY!

The iconic McDonalds burger (not the first - that goes to the now-slain Hamburger - but arguably their signature item) takes on the swirly whippy with Cadbury's premium recipe chocolate dessert! What a match!

Is the secret sauce the baddest boss, or do ice cream swirls rock your world?
Reply 178
BACON AND EGG MCMUFFIN
Ah so nice!!
Reply 179
Original post by mollyx
BACON AND EGG MCMUFFIN
Ah so nice!!

That's not one of the two choices.

Quick Reply

Latest