The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Axion
Understatement of the century. It won't all go in so i'm trying to displace random knowledge 0.o
I keep getting all my facts and figures mixed up between them, and I've only learnt 2 for tropical storms and 2 for volcanic events so far. Just started revising world cities and realised I've still got at least 3 to learn for that as well. Sure there weren't this many last year?? It's really mean :frown: Role on 3pm a week on Friday! :P
Reply 701
Original post by flower124
I keep getting all my facts and figures mixed up between them, and I've only learnt 2 for tropical storms and 2 for volcanic events so far. Just started revising world cities and realised I've still got at least 3 to learn for that as well. Sure there weren't this many last year?? It's really mean :frown: Role on 3pm a week on Friday! :P

3pm 0.o? I swear it starts earlier than that?

temptation to not learn the case studies that came up in jan :/
Original post by Daniel George
hmm, I don't think it will to be honest :smile:! I think this year will be a tricky one

Oh really? What do you think it could be?
They are slightly limited as to what they can ask about... OH damn I hope it's not a tough one... I'm pinning my hopes onto the fact that tectonics is usually the easier essay to tackle :P
Original post by Axion
3pm 0.o? I swear it starts earlier than that?

temptation to not learn the case studies that came up in jan :/

I might actually do that, except I've already learnt Hulme and Thames gateway for regeneration. Might not bother with seismic events but it's a bit of a risky strategy. My exam sheet says it's at 1pm. Thinking about it, I'm fairly sure I didn't bother learning all case studies in detail last year, and I still got a B, although that exam was amazing :smile: Examiners please be good to us! If there's an essay without a case study I'm definitely picking it :P Least with world cities you can blag quite a bit of it (obvs not case studies) as it's common sense, like climate change last yr :smile:
Reply 704
Original post by Axion
June 2010 - A = 59/90 or 66%
Jan 2011 - A = 56/90 or 62%
June 2011 - A = 58/90 or 64%
Jan 2012 - A = 54/90 or 60%
June 2012 - A = 61/90 or 68%
Jan 2013 - A = 56/90 or 62%

Thanks!

Doesn't actually seem that hard to get an A if I'm honest..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 705
Original post by Gary
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, but take your teachers marking with a pinch of salt, AQA always seem to mark differently, I call it 'typical AQA'.
Reply 706
Original post by Gary
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr, no excuses to not be getting one really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 707
does anyone have the MARK SCHEME for geo UNIT 3 JAN 2013 please? i cant find it anywhere!!!:frown:
Reply 708
Original post by joereed
I agree, but take your teachers marking with a pinch of salt, AQA always seem to mark differently, I call it 'typical AQA'.

I recon my teachers genuinely marks harshly so I guess that's a good thing :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 709
Original post by flower124
I might actually do that, except I've already learnt Hulme and Thames gateway for regeneration. Might not bother with seismic events but it's a bit of a risky strategy. My exam sheet says it's at 1pm. Thinking about it, I'm fairly sure I didn't bother learning all case studies in detail last year, and I still got a B, although that exam was amazing :smile: Examiners please be good to us! If there's an essay without a case study I'm definitely picking it :P Least with world cities you can blag quite a bit of it (obvs not case studies) as it's common sense, like climate change last yr :smile:

Im going crazy here. way too many case studies! Don't know the numbers for any of them although i know the text :/

Does anyone have exams before this? I have one a few days before so can't even properly focus atm
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by meerajg
does anyone have the MARK SCHEME for geo UNIT 3 JAN 2013 please? i cant find it anywhere!!!:frown:

Don't think just anyone can get Jan 13 mark schemes on any exam board, as it is so recent.. maybe your teacher? :s-smilie:
Reply 711
Is anyone finding it really difficult to concentrate :/?
Reply 712
i read about 5 pages from the revision guide and lose focus D: lacking motivation here ....
Reply 713
finished all my notes now woooo, now just need to memorise everything......
Reply 714
Original post by JenniS
finished all my notes now woooo, now just need to memorise everything......

lol, two steps ahead of me. Have some tectonics notes to finish.

I never cease to amaze myself with my memory though 0.o. Went out into my garden for about 15 minutes (in the sun :smile:) and learnt a whole case study 0.o. Good enough for a 8 or 10 marker (albeit not 40! as its counter-urbanisation), but still :P
Reply 715
Original post by Axion
lol, two steps ahead of me. Have some tectonics notes to finish.

I never cease to amaze myself with my memory though 0.o. Went out into my garden for about 15 minutes (in the sun :smile:) and learnt a whole case study 0.o. Good enough for a 8 or 10 marker (albeit not 40! as its counter-urbanisation), but still :P

I know, I asked my mum to test me on Mumbai and I remembered facts I hadn't even gone over recently! I was surprised
Original post by Axion
Is anyone finding it really difficult to concentrate :/?

yes...
Reply 717
Original post by JenniS
I know, I asked my mum to test me on Mumbai and I remembered facts I hadn't even gone over recently! I was surprised

Lol. Deserves rep
Reply 718
10 days before the exam, kinda worried now :P

And I hate the fact the exam is in the afternoon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 719
Original post by GeoggerH
:smile:

This was posted earlier: http://www.turnford.herts.sch.uk/departments/humanities/geography/a-level-geog-3

No mark scheme available though.

Oooh Im doing exactly the same topics as you!!:eek:
What are you planning on doing for the 40 marker?

thanks so much!
I'm panicking a lot, I've only just finished one of the topics.
Im thinking of doing ecosystems or one of the human essays I'm not sure.
What about you?
i do struggle with the ecosystems essays especially the ones on development, sustainability and biodiversity in tropical biomes, even though they are interesting. What case studies do you use for this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending