The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, that's as good a set as Brands will ever have played. Quality stuff. All he needs to do is do it two more times... That's all he needs to do :rolleyes:
Nerves of STEEL!
Brands definitely the kind of player who bothers Rafa; tall, heavy flat hitter. Rafa really faltered in the first set with the two DFs though - sign of nerves there for sure. He's not at his very best but not playing badly, Brands is just serving out of a tree and vapourising the ball. Not worried yet as I can't imagine a Rosol event happening on the clay, but I wish Rafa would play these types of players differently - tall power players need to be rushed and not given time to set up because they can generate a lot of pace off nothing balls.

Confident this will still be over in 4.
Reply 1983
Man Nadal getting killed :biggrin:
The longer it goes like this with Nadal failing to take control of the match the bigger the problem is for Nadal because Brands appears to be getting more and more confident by the minute. Nadal needs to take control soon. You don't want to wait until you're two sets down.
Wonder what the odds are on Nadal to lose this match? :tongue:
Original post by Multitalented me
Wonder what the odds are on Nadal to lose this match? :tongue:

1/9 for Nadal

5/1 for Brands

(William Hill)
1st point of the breaker and I'm scared now.
Come on Nadal, Novak is meant to beat you in the Semi on his way to a Grand Slam year.
Reply 1989
Might come to regret that netted backhand. Big point.
That should've been a flat backhand rather than a slice.
Hahahaha Nadal is such a beast, how could I ever doubt him
Phew doesn't cover it. 3-0 down and Brands made one big error, but the last 3 points from Rafa were magnificent.
What a backhand down the line, needed it to!
Reply 1994
And Nadal breaks straight away in the 3rd. No chance of another Rosol now you'd think.
Reply 1995
Just woke up whats going. Something is bothering Rafa!:frown:
Reply 1996
Ahh, don't know whether to watch any of the Robson match. Sticking with Nadal for now though.
Reply 1997
Original post by D-Box
Ahh, don't know whether to watch any of the Robson match. Sticking with Nadal for now though.

Probably not. Ridiculous amount of errors and double faults from Robson.
Finally, Nadal moves ahead for the first time in the match! 2 sets to 1 up, but as Sirocco11 said, these heavy hitters usually have some degree of success against Rafa.
(edited 10 years ago)
Berdych-Monfils match could go the distance here.

Latest