The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Does anyone have a idea of what Issue might come in section B?
I want to cry right now :frown: ARGGG
Reply 1061
My teacher said that it's unlikely that two perspectives will come up so I haven't revised them at all. Do you think that's risky? :confused:
Original post by Tom Istefanous
just found this on the markscheme
Milgram
40 males, between the ages of 20 and 50, with a range of
occupations and backgrounds, drawn from New Haven
and the surrounding communities/from USA.
This requires more than a mere identification of features
the sample so examiners should read the whole
description and award marks dependant on the quality of
the response
wut?!
:confused:

I have no idea :s-smilie: I think it means that you cant just list features of the sample, you have to talk more indepth about what that meant for the results of the study and stuff?
Reply 1063
Original post by imy_95
My teacher said that it's unlikely that two perspectives will come up so I haven't revised them at all. Do you think that's risky? :confused:

Very risky, the behaviourist approach hasn't been seen since 2010 and it's only appeared once. All the approaches have appeared 3 times now as well so I'm not entirely convinced they will come up. But I guess it's your call, :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:banghead: ***** i've just realised I've got behaviourist and developmental mixed up in my notes..I put Sam+B, Bandura + Freud under Behaviourist??? thank gd I've noticed that now and not messed it up in the exam!
Reply 1065
Original post by ttreb
Haha i know right. Definitely have a busy week! My teacher devised a list of what study's have come up before and (even though exam boards say they do not follow patterns) i believe to some extent they do. So my predictions for sec B are :

Reicher & Haslam
Sperry
Baron-Cohen

If Baron-Cohen comes up i will cry with happiness

What studies are these! I've never heard of them, my teacher is completely useless. Can you please fill me in
Original post by imy_95

Ive only revised like 2 approaches im screwed if they dont come up
Original post by EimearL
What studies are these! I've never heard of them, my teacher is completely useless. Can you please fill me in

I'm sorry but if you havent even heard of 3 of the studies, you are royally screwed. Try Holah.co.uk for some brief summaries.

I would suggest complaining about your teachers. I did the same to my biology teachers and their both leaving at the end of the year..
Original post by EimearL

Woooow I'm just wondering what studies do you know?! And yes if your teacher can't tell you those then that is one useless teacher! Good luck anyway :redface:
Hope developmental comes up, I can talk about that approach for ages :P
Original post by Caroline680
Hope developmental comes up, I can talk about that approach for ages :P

That came on last year on June so it's unlikely that it'll come up but I could be wrong though! :/ I just wish that the physiological approach comes up!!! I'm kinda relying on that! :frown:
Original post by Billie Jean
And what more information do you need for Sperry's study for how they were recruited other than just saying opportunity sampling method what the heck are we spose to write?! I haven't been told any other information on where they came from etc.etc.
If anyone knows this ill be soo surprised seriously haha :smile: and thanks!!

I was thinking that, it's not in my study notes or in my revision guide
Reply 1072
If sperry comes up I'm absolutely screwed, that study makes zero sense to me:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattt??????!!!!!!!! I might as well have to cram myself every night for that but I don't think that will work out! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US!?! THEY ARE SOO MEAN!! :colone:

I'm doing A-level psychology in a year (doing all the As and A2 exams in the same year hahah I wouldn't recommend it)
At my sixth form we do just over 72 studies for A2 but it's like flipping As on its head. In As you have to remember everything about the studies and use a bit of your own knowledge to back it up whereas in A2 it's like 80% your own knowledge and then you just need to know bits of the studies to put in your answer. :tongue:
Hope that makes sense, I wouldn't panic about A2 hahah
Does anybody know how I could answer......
How can the individual differences approach describe mpd?

I'm really struggling :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1075
Someone please help, what types of quantatative and qualitative data are found out in riech + haslam? Also are psychometric tests quantatative?!?! PLease help!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
That came on last year on June so it's unlikely that it'll come up but I could be wrong though! :/ I just wish that the physiological approach comes up!!! I'm kinda relying on that! :frown:

so am I im really hoping physiological comes up !! :frown::frown:
same plan as you!
And what more information do you need for Sperry's study for how they were recruited other than just saying opportunity sampling method what the heck are we spose to write?! I haven't been told any other information on where they came from etc.etc.
If anyone knows this ill be soo surprised seriously haha :smile: and thanks!!

This is all there is to say about the sample: the split brain subjects were 11 patients who had already had a commisurotomy (splitting of the corpus callosum) before the study. Therefore opportunistic. all subjects had a history of severe epilepsy which had not responded to drug therapy. 2 of the patients had been operated on a while before the experiment but the other 9 had only recently undergone the surgery
I hope Validity will be the issue that comes up. You can write tons for Baron and Cohen and validity.
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
I hope Validity will be the issue that comes up. You can write tons for Baron and Cohen and validity.

Can you give some examples :colondollar: haha
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending