The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - F585 June 2013

Hey guys, I wanted to make an official thread of the A2 F585 Economics exam in June.

For those of you without a case study, here is a link to it.

I've already started going through it; underlining key points and trying to get a feel of how the exam will be tailored to it.

So, let's start our discussion, post questions, ideas, exam tips and most importantly opinions about the case study.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can anyone email/link me to a pre-release toolkit, would really appreciate it
the 20 mark essay question has always been on the last bit of the case study, this year the last 2 sections are on sustainable development so im asuming the big essay wil be related to that? :smile: any thoughts on this???
Reply 3
Original post by physicshelp123
the 20 mark essay question has always been on the last bit of the case study, this year the last 2 sections are on sustainable development so im asuming the big essay wil be related to that? :smile: any thoughts on this???

I'm expecting much the same!
Reply 4

I did F585 in Jan and the essays are always based on the last extract so your essays based on sustainable development :smile:
Reply 5
what aspect of sustainable development though? literally having to go through the studies myself because my college is awful
Reply 6
Original post by Legend12
Hey guys, I wanted to make an official thread of the A2 F585 Economics exam in June.

For those of you without a case study, here is a link to it.

I've already started going through it; underlining key points and trying to get a feel of how the exam will be tailored to it.

So, let's start our discussion, post questions, ideas, exam tips and most importantly opinions about the case study.

when the toolkit release is out, if anyone has it from their college, can they message me it or email me it? Please?
Reply 7
Original post by Surina_94
I did F585 in Jan and the essays are always based on the last extract so your essays based on sustainable development :smile:

I find the same thing true. The last exam, our class predicted 100% that the essay would be on FDI. The end of the extract basically gifted it to us!

If it is on sustainable development, then I'll need to get cracking on revising that because that's a tricky one in my opinion.
Reply 8
Original post by eawilliams
when the toolkit release is out, if anyone has it from their college, can they message me it or email me it? Please?

I'm on the same boat. My college doesn't give those out, so anyone who does have anything like that, if you email it to me as well it would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 9
Guys, one quick revision tip.

I'm going through each extract (including introduction) and highlighting key points with questions that could be given on them. I've literally wrote "why" or "how does this..." on some of the paragraphs so I can be prepared for any questions.

I'm making a case study guide, though my teacher will produce one anyway, that has key definitions from each extract, key points and expanded analysis. For example, the introduction talks about a single currency, so I've made a page saying what it is, the benefits for and against etc...

If anyone would like a final copy of that, let me know. Hopefully I can complete it latest by 3 weeks. :smile:
Reply 10
I find the same thing true. The last exam, our class predicted 100% that the essay would be on FDI. The end of the extract basically gifted it to us!

If it is on sustainable development, then I'll need to get cracking on revising that because that's a tricky one in my opinion.

Good luckkk xx

I'm going through each extract (including introduction) and highlighting key points with questions that could be given on them. I've literally wrote "why" or "how does this..." on some of the paragraphs so I can be prepared for any questions.

I'm making a case study guide, though my teacher will produce one anyway, that has key definitions from each extract, key points and expanded analysis. For example, the introduction talks about a single currency, so I've made a page saying what it is, the benefits for and against etc...

If anyone would like a final copy of that, let me know. Hopefully I can complete it latest by 3 weeks. :smile:

Would love a copy when you have finished :smile:
Reply 12
If nobody can get hold of a free copy of the toolkit from their college etc, would you guys be up for a 'whip round'? Its £50 but maybe will only be £2.50 or so each? Oh and how is everyone revising for sustainable development? At the moment I'm just creating a For and Against argument and I'm going to try to think up some evaluation for it but I find Economics is my hardest subject to revise for :frown:
Original post by superhan13
what aspect of sustainable development though? literally having to go through the studies myself because my college is awful

same i have no idea what sustainable development is apart from developing sustainably!!! :/ need a c in this paper but a il bit of teaching wuld be nice :P
Original post by Cinglis95
If nobody can get hold of a free copy of the toolkit from their college etc, would you guys be up for a 'whip round'? Its £50 but maybe will only be £2.50 or so each? Oh and how is everyone revising for sustainable development? At the moment I'm just creating a For and Against argument and I'm going to try to think up some evaluation for it but I find Economics is my hardest subject to revise for :frown:

no idea if this is the 'tool kit or not, but my school are getting some stuff from ocr saying about the case study :smile: ill put it up on here for everyone to get a copy of it asap it should be out in a few days :smile:
Reply 15
What exactly is the tool kit?

And would love your notes on questions that could come up, upload them on here when you've got them please :biggrin:

I'm finding the Macro part of this very nice, basically the first couple case studies, but the development park is a tad tricky.
Reply 16
no idea if this is the 'tool kit or not, but my school are getting some stuff from ocr saying about the case study :smile: ill put it up on here for everyone to get a copy of it asap it should be out in a few days :smile:
no worries my teacher is getting the toolkit anyways and he's emailing us a copy so I'll post it up here anyways :smile:
Reply 17
the revision pack sounds fab! usually practicing essays are great for me for eco and looking at the mark schemes! what aspect of sustainable development do we reckon? absolutely hate sustainability (probably biased from the transport module +o( )
Reply 18
if you guys pm your emails i can send you the toolkit :smile:
Reply 19

I would also love a final copy of that :colondollar::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending