The Student Room Group

Southampton, Exeter or Sussex?

So I've had offers from Southampton, Exeter and Sussex, all for AAB for psychology. I've visited Southampton and Sussex but I still really can't choose between them :frown: It's all I think about, it's really stressing me out and I'm just so indecisive. The only differences to me is that I prefer Sussex because I'd be living on campus and I love Brighton but the course at Southampton seems that tiny bit better. Still need to see Exeter (hopefully I'll either love it or hate it to narrow down my choice a bit!)

Does anyone have any opinions? I know I shouldn't really go by them because it's my choice but it would really help please... anything about the city, nightlife, campus, course etc. Thanks
Hey!
Have you decided on your university?

Original post by nikkib4
So I've had offers from Southampton, Exeter and Sussex, all for AAB for psychology. I've visited Southampton and Sussex but I still really can't choose between them :frown: It's all I think about, it's really stressing me out and I'm just so indecisive. The only differences to me is that I prefer Sussex because I'd be living on campus and I love Brighton but the course at Southampton seems that tiny bit better. Still need to see Exeter (hopefully I'll either love it or hate it to narrow down my choice a bit!)

Does anyone have any opinions? I know I shouldn't really go by them because it's my choice but it would really help please... anything about the city, nightlife, campus, course etc. Thanks
Reply 2
Hi, I finally chose Southampton! It was close though between Sussex :smile:
Oh that's great!
I've got an offer from Southampton too for Clincal psych. I'm choosing it over Durham since I've decided to choose course over college. Still waiting for Sussex to reply to me. Don't know what I'll finally go with if I get Sussex though!
Why did you choose Southampton?

Original post by nikkib4
Hi, I finally chose Southampton! It was close though between Sussex :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by arushisachdeva
Oh that's great!
I've got an offer from Southampton too for Clincal psych. I'm choosing it over Durham since I've decided to choose course over college. Still waiting for Sussex to reply to me. Don't know what I'll finally go with if I get Sussex though!
Why did you choose Southampton?

That sounds great, I'm sure if you do get the offer whichever you pick you will love! Well as I said it was a really difficult decision, I changed my mind like every day and it's difficult to say why I chose Southampton... I visited both universities and I felt more comfortable at Southampton, I preferred the actual campus and I could really see myself there. Having said that, I loved Sussex too, I guess it just came down to my gut feeling! Sorry I can't be much help haha
Original post by nikkib4
That sounds great, I'm sure if you do get the offer whichever you pick you will love! Well as I said it was a really difficult decision, I changed my mind like every day and it's difficult to say why I chose Southampton... I visited both universities and I felt more comfortable at Southampton, I preferred the actual campus and I could really see myself there. Having said that, I loved Sussex too, I guess it just came down to my gut feeling! Sorry I can't be much help haha

Haha! That's fine! I guess I'm going through the same feeling! I'll decide once Sussex replies. Cannot wait more! They've taken so long to get back to me. Where do you live?
Reply 6
Original post by arushisachdeva
Haha! That's fine! I guess I'm going through the same feeling! I'll decide once Sussex replies. Cannot wait more! They've taken so long to get back to me. Where do you live?

Yeah the waiting is awful, although Sussex was actually my first reply! I live in Buckinghamshire :smile:
Oh that's awesome! So you're taking up campus accommodation?
Yea, the wait is terrible! :/
Reply 8
Sort of, the accommodation at Southampton isn't actually on the campus but yeah I've applied for halls :smile:
Haha good luck!
Oh nice!
Thanks! I'll tell you if I decide to take it up! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending