The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by jodie.irwin27
dude. people are entitled to their opinions. and never bloody tell someone to kill themselves!! that's so god damn arrogant. I hope your cockiness gets you a D for that rude comment. completely undeserving.

i wrote about how 4 1/2 hours worth of observations were recording and inter-rater reliability was used to check the reliability of these observations. Also about how a behaviour had to occur coherently and spontaneously on 9/10 occasions :smile:

haha don't worry! i was so glad! like my revision actually payed off cause the things we all predicted came up! and oh my god that reicher and haslam question was like the ONLY thing i revised for that study omg so happy!! but the wording of some questions was way weird and i hated the dement and kleitman one in section A :frown:

It was joke chill

Posted from TSR Mobile
In jan 2009, the boundary for an A was 96. This paper also had Baron Cohen in section b... Im worried now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theblackreaper
what did you guys put for give discuss one or more explantions why people resists conforming. Now this question confused me a bit. But can you talk about the dispositional factors of how internal locous of control, and the c ase studies such as oliner and oliner ( from the aqa revision guide) where they interviewed 406 germans who house jew from the nazis, and that they scored highly on social responsbility and internal locus of control. And bear in mind independent is resisting to conform.

I think youre on the wrong page bro
Original post by spongez
It was joke chill

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's not a joke to some people. what if that person was really unhappy with their lives and stressed from exams and was literally under too much pressure and was actually thinking of it.. you never know what situation someone is in so you should never be so horrible.. and it's a personal topic to me and i do not appreciate people saying such things to anyone, cause sometimes it can be enough to push someone. just think about what you say next time dudde
Reply 1585
I struggled on that one too! I only put one reason in the end and that was that it was a lab experiment
Original post by Beaven
I struggled on that one too! I only put one reason in the end and that was that it was a lab experiment

I wrote that too. I also wrote that it was low in ecological validity because it itsn't likely that children play alonside with strangers (model) but rather other children. I didn't know what else to put.
Reply 1587
Yeah that sounds about right!
I had a complete mind blank and couldn't think of anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1588
Original post by wozup8
Give two ways how the study by bandura-aggression was not ecologically valid......anyone? I only put one way. I said that children do not always see aggressive behaviour acted out in front of them in real life. I think i messed it up.

I wrote that the toys were different and not what they would be used to when they played at home and that having an experimenter sat in the corner of the room may change their behaviour because that doesn't normally happen when they are playing?!
Oh dear I think I failed that! :frown:

Do you think I'd get any marks??
That question about apparatus was odd! I don't know what i have put is relevent. I wrote about the picturesand the dolls for the Sally Anne test. :lolwut: What was OCR thinking?
Original post by Agl
I wrote that the toys were different and not what they would be used to when they played at home and that having an experimenter sat in the corner of the room may change their behaviour because that doesn't normally happen when they are playing?!
Oh dear I think I failed that! :frown:

Do you think I'd get any marks??

You can tell you meant to say something to do with demand characteristics. You will get marks. :smile:
Reply 1591
What did everyone say for the question on thingpen/Kleckley, where is asked something like describe two pychomatretic tests done one e.w and e.b and outline the results?
Original post by Dank108
What did everyone say for the question on thingpen/Kleckley, where is asked something like describe two pychomatretic tests done one e.w and e.b and outline the results?

IQ test showed EW had a score of 110 whereas EB had 110.
EEG scans showed that EW had a normal pattern of brain activity, whereas EB had a faster, more desynchronised pattern which is associated with psychiatric disorders :confused:
Reply 1593
I chose baron Cohen for section B and then completely regretted it on the material question....
All I could think of was the differents sets of eyes/faces, and happes strange stories. Do you think this would be ok? Seeing as it was an 8 mark question I'm worried! Why didn't I pick sperry?!:confused:
Reply 1594
it's not a joke to some people. what if that person was really unhappy with their lives and stressed from exams and was literally under too much pressure and was actually thinking of it.. you never know what situation someone is in so you should never be so horrible.. and it's a personal topic to me and i do not appreciate people saying such things to anyone, cause sometimes it can be enough to push someone. just think about what you say next time dudde

Oh sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1595
IQ test showed EW had a score of 110 whereas EB had 110.
EEG scans showed that EW had a normal pattern of brain activity, whereas EB had a faster, more desynchronised pattern which is associated with psychiatric disorders :confused:

would you get a mark for talking about the memory test aswell?
Reply 1596
Original post by qs2xo

That's what I talked about
Reply 1597
are min0r details really important f0r secti0n a? i've n0ticed pe0ple 0n this thread talking ab0ut exact times f0r the inter-rater reliability thing fr0m savage-rumbaugh, f0r example, which i didn't menti0n... is that g0ing t0 l0se me marks, d0 y0u think?
Original post by qs2xo

yeah i believe so :smile: also the projective tests :smile:
Reply 1599
What did everyone put about Maguire's correlational strengths and weaknesses?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending