The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by PonchoKid
Well i am. How many times have i cried on you? Pathetic mess?
What was i telling you about what my step dad says? Fat

I clearly have with my flatmates and parents... My step dad said it himself.
Just need my bed at home.

Ill try i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on, you are DEFINITELY NOT fat or a pathetic mess :yep: :yep: :yep: And everyone cries sometimes, don't feel bad about it :smile: You can do this and keep safe tonight :lovehug: :grouphugs:
Original post by Kindred
Oh well I revoke my welcome then :P

Long just wouldn't look good in that setting. Thanks for the support :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do I do spoilers? Sorry... I don't know. Just thinking maybe dress and opaque tights... very on trend.

:smile:
Original post by burymyheart
How do I join this society? I'm new to TSR

Welcome!

Original post by burymyheart
How do I join this society? I'm new to TSR

Welcome! There's no actual joining... its just a thread where you can post and talk to other people. Its a very supportive and positive thread.

Reply 2264
Original post by catoswyn
How do I do spoilers? Sorry... I don't know. Just thinking maybe dress and opaque tights... very on trend.

You click on the # sign on the second bar in the reply page, and then where it says code in both boxes delete code and type spoiler :smile:
Original post by catoswyn

Thanks my friend is gunna take me shopping so I'll mention it to her. She's all clever with clothes and will know what to do better than me. I like the tights idea, I may see how well normal tights cover it up tomorrow actually. If it works ill be able to wear skirts more this summer too :smile:

As for spoilers i think you can do [ S P O I L E R ] (your message) [ / S P O I L E R ] (without spaces)
or if you're on a pc you can click the : x face at the top of the message box. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2266
Original post by Kindred
you can click the : x face at the top of the message box. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What :O Mind blown .. I've been doing it wrong for ages!
Original post by djpailo
Thanks for your advice. I'm wary of seeing a GP if it doesn't help. Are there any guides online that actually help? I watched a few videos on it and whilst I knew and recognised what they were going through, the videos didn't really offer advice on how to fix it (many said you can't?) :s

I looked online when I was first diagnosed and didn't really find anything helpful so I can't really offer you any advice on that. However, if you are diagnosed then push to see a psychologist who can work through CBT with you which does help. I've only been seeing a psychologist for a few weeks but already I went to two social events (although haven't yet got the balls to speak to anyone :colondollar: ).
Went out for ice cream today which was nice but since getting back I've had this constant ominous feeling that something bad is going to happen but I don't know what. Had a bath and it helped relax me a little but still really on edge. Got my dissertation due in a couple of months and so far I've done hardly anything - I don't really care anymore, I'm finding it impossible to find the motivation to complete it - partly I think I don't see the point in getting a master's it's not like any job I could ever achieve would need one. I'll probably be working at a fast food store my whole life. :sad: I certainly wouldn't employ me. Anyone know how to find motivation?
Reply 2269
Managed to go out tonight! :smile: Was to one of my best friends' flat but there were 3 other people there so that totally counts as Big Scary Social Event, right? Drank, ate, etc. Considering that a success. :h:
Just so people who watch it are aware, this week's episode of 'Waterloo Road' might be triggering.

Original post by asdfgah
Managed to go out tonight! :smile: Was to one of my best friends' flat but there were 3 other people there so that totally counts as Big Scary Social Event, right? Drank, ate, etc. Considering that a success. :h:

Awesome, well done! :smile:
Original post by SciFiRory
we all cry sometimes sweetie, don't feel bad, you have depression, crying is normal when you are! :hugs:
if he said that while I was there I would have told him to go **** himself tbh sweetie cause he is a hell of a lot bigger than you are, you aren't fat at all, you're my lovely cuddly panda :h:

you haven't, your step dad is just being **** and your flatmates are being petty and stupid, none of that is your fault at all, your mum loves you and you know she cares about you okay, plus you have your sister and friends back home and you have me! none of us think you mess up!

you need a comfy bed and lots of cuddles :yep:

I can't say i know poncho too well, theres only so much you can tell about people across the interwebs, but i daresay rory has it right. Everyone here is a victim, be it of themselves, of others or a combination of the two.

I've seen you post a lot of stuff about your flatmates, and the only thing i can see is that they're ********s that refuse to understand you, and that's their problem, because they're missing out. They're just shallow and uncompassionate people that will never be able to truly make someone happy. Maybe i'm being a bit extreme there, but i hope you understand what im getting at :tongue:

I don't get how a parent can be so hateful towards their own daughter, someone who is basically a part of them, their own flesh and blood.

There will always be people that dislike you, no matter what you do. If everyone you know liked you, i'd actually be suspicious lol :tongue: What matters is focusing on the people that matter, everyone else can eat a bag of dicks.

Also why has no one invented a hugs machine yet, that **** would make so much money. While that's being made have some internet hugs :hugs:
Original post by asdfgah

that's awesome! :smile: glad you had a good time and stuff, hopefully lifts your mood for a bit as well :smile:
Original post by asdfgah

Everyone has said what i would say anyway, but i'll add another congrats to your growing pile :3 I much prefer house parties as opposed to clubs, they're much friendlier :P
Reply 2274
Original post by -FireFlies-
Dunno if you'll actually be around to read this or not :ninja: but hey ho :tongue:

:hugs: :hugs: :jumphug: :lovehug: if you think you need time away to manage your coursework then do it! Tis a good idea to rid yourself of distractions and concentrate on your work.. just don't burn yourself out! We don't want that now do we :nah: :tongue:

I will speak to you whenever you return your Highness :tongue: :h:

I will get round to replying back to your PM aswell, you're gonna have a ton of messages from me :redface: haha.

:hugs: :jumphug:

I'm reading this now i'm not "back" yet, but I thought i'll pop by before going back into hiding for a few more days or so :smile:

I have been doing that and the rewards have been greater than I expected. A couple of them courseworks were the highest possible grade and a couple I need to upgrade BUT it understand what I need to do to upgrade :smile: I've felt burnt out since about Christmas, but my motivation in finishing the year on high note is overpowering my depression right now! So i'm going to not waste it :biggrin:

Thank you my loyal servant :wink: I'm not officially back as previously stated, but I should be a little more free every now and then until Wednesday evening when I can come back and post more frequently again :smile:

I never did :tongue: Haha, it's all right though! I hope all is well in the FireFlies world :smile:

:hugs: :jumphug:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah i've been productive since Monday and managed to get all them grades i've mentioned in FireFlies reply. But there's more, i'm meeting-up with two friends of mine today (a decent guy friend and a beautiful person of a female) and i'm going out to a night out at some point next week too. Now I don't like nights out and I won't be doing it often, but at least i'm trying things out :biggrin:

Anyway I hope all is well and :hugs: to all of you that need them :smile:
urgh...morning has not been good, couldn't sleep last night but feel stupidly tired, burnt my breakfast, nothing left to drink, feel too crappy to get more...

plus everything I put on TV is just adverts :colonhash:

also miss my girlfriend a lot right now, especially as she's not been doing great, wish I could cuddle her instead of being stuck feeling crappy on my own here :sad:

sorry for the trivial/pathetic rant, just feel crap this morning.
Reply 2276
OK, seriously bad. I have pretty much been relying on my mental health advisor for everything mental health related, but she has been off for ages ill and I don't think I'm going to get the support I need any more. There is someone to replace her but I don't know how I can make an appointment with her, and I get on with my current MHA so well that it's going to be starting from scratch again. I really need to speak to someone at college about everything. I need to write a letter to the Uni I'm supposed to be going to for my top up year about my circumstances and deferring entry, but every time I sit down to write it I can't bring myself to do it. I really need to see my MHA. I'm worried about her too. She has been off ill for about 4 weeks now. I want to see someone. I can't cope without it. I really need help to write this letter, and to catch up with everything. I don't want to see someone else.
Saw my therapist again yesterday, been going to him for about 3 months now, and I don't think it's really helping at all. I really struggle to talk about anything and when I do he pretty much just says things like 'it's understandable that you feel that way' and 'you shouldn't be so hard on yourself' etc. which makes it feel pretty pointless. Added to that is the fact for the last months at the end of every session he asks if I'm firing him yet, which just feels weird. I'm am tempted just to jack it in, but it is the only support I have atm, so maybe it is better to keep trying?
Everything feels so, I dunno, bleak and I've got the same old thoughts going through my head all day and nothing I do seems to make them stop.
Ill reply to people later. But i stayed safe last night. Found out im going home today not tomorrow :woo: but that means being stuck in a car for 5 hours or more with my step dad. May put a film on my laptop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gender dysphoria's really bad today :frown: Wish i had a flat chest. I cant stop thinking about the fact that people see me as a girl. Im not though :no: I keep binging on food too its like a coping mechanism but straight after i feel bad. ughh i cant win. But somehow im not depressed today. thats the only good thing about how i feel today

I just wish i was a real guy :erm:

Latest