The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANONYM00SE
Sorry to hear that, that sucks :frown: but it's great you got through it :hugs: you're really strong for managing that :yep:

yeah i guess, just massively **** that it happened/realised
Reply 2341
Original post by octoberbaby
Too busy feeling sorry for myself to do the last minute cramming I know I need to do. It's the only kind of revision that works for me but I can't stop crying.

Come on you can do this :smile: We all have faith in you here! Hope you feel better soon!
Original post by octoberbaby
Too busy feeling sorry for myself to do the last minute cramming I know I need to do. It's the only kind of revision that works for me but I can't stop crying.

When's your next exam? Don't worry about the last minuet if its stressing you out. Try taking a while to relax an then working for 10 minuets then relaxing again and so on. It's far more important for you to be calm and well tested in the exam than to know a couple of extra details that may not even come up.
Take care of yourself :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2343
Seems that I've de-realised myself again. can't feel anything and the music is skipping. maybe my brain decided this is better but tactile flashback is nudging away as well so i'm not that sure what's happening. typing every letter feels effort. shutting down seems reasonable I maybe hidde under something not sure. feel like curling up but that might flashback me too. typing is hard though so I will not anymore
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: It's not your fault. Plus they've done horrible and affected you too. A week on Monday I'm finished with exams so I'll PM you lots and lots to make up for lost time. :hugs: I wish I could fix everything for you (and for everyone else on the thread!). big hugs stay strong xoxox

It totally is my fault honest :sad: I mean if all this stuff didn't happen last year etc etc then we'd still be good together... everything's just ruined :/. Best of luck for your exam! :jumphug: You can do it :yep:

Original post by PonchoKid
im free all night on skype if you need me hun, even just to word vomit at me, or talk stuff through.
its not your fault, and your family hasnt fallen apart because of you i promise you! it will be ok :hugs:

Thanks hun. Totally is and was my fault, there's **** all I can do to fix it.. and every day my whole family is breaking all cause of me! :frown:
Original post by -FireFlies-
It totally is my fault honest :sad: I mean if all this stuff didn't happen last year etc etc then we'd still be good together... everything's just ruined :/. Best of luck for your exam! :jumphug: You can do it :yep:

Shhhh you didn't ask for this to happen. **** happens and it causes some families to get in to a kerfuffle. The same thing happened with mine :hugs: it'll be ok :hugs: thanks I hope so!! I had my German on Friday and it went well I think (fingers crossed) but no idea if I managed to get an A... time will tell. Thankfully only 1 exam left and it's human biology.. touch wood I can get through this. seeing my psych again on tues as well.... antidepressants have ****ed up my sleep big time - crazy vivid dreams and I'm virtually not sleeping :/
Reply 2346
****. Haven't felt this bad in ages. **** **** ****. Feel really agitated and upset. Been triggered somehow and everything's going horribly wrong with my family and friends. Really really not feeling good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2347
Feeling **** again. Got my textbook open in front of me trying to condense the info but I get distracted so quickly. Have had Twitter open all day but it has to be the really tiny thing that gets me feeling like that :sad: The usual feelings of jealousy and everyone else has everything etc :rolleyes:. And it was over an event that I don't think I'd have much interest in anyway if things were good for me. How ****ing pathetic. Oh yeah I forgot, it describes my whole life :cry2:
Original post by 08batee
****. Haven't felt this bad in ages. **** **** ****. Feel really agitated and upset. Been triggered somehow and everything's going horribly wrong with my family and friends. Really really not feeling good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going out for dinner with family but text if needed :jumphug:
I've had a brilliant day/birthday - got taken out for a curry, and the staff gave me balloons and a birfday cake :woo: Also treated myself to a lovely new coat :ahee:
Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but whatever, here goes! Since February-ish time I've been taking panic/anxiety attacks. I've been lucky enough to not take one in the past few weeks but I've not really been doing much that could trigger one - although I'm still not sure what the trigger is? I'm going into Sixth Year tomorrow and we're given a long corridor-ish area in the centre of the school with tables & vending machines where we can spend time. There's also a nice garden bit with seats right next to us - which is pretty useful for me because I'll be able to get outside easily if I take a panic attack during a free period or a break or whatever. I only get on with a small group of people in my year and would rather that I just sat with them, and as a group we've decided that which is fine. There are only two six-seating tables though, and only one is near the door & window. After talking to my guidance teacher at school we agreed it was probably best for me to sit next to the opening window & door because then I can get out, or if its raining I can open the window to try and control my attack. Anyway, here's the pathetic part... there's a "popular" group in my school, as there is in most, and apparently one of those girls has said to a friend of mine that "anyone who has sat upstairs [my group & some others] needs to sit past the vending machines and doors because we're taking the tables up to there" and when my friend said we were intending on sitting there she just said "well you'll need to move". This is probably the most pathetic post on here but I really need advice. I don't like confrontation and I don't want to have to argue tomorrow morning, I don't want to give up the table because it's pretty much perfect for me [even more pathetic]. Please, advice?
Reply 2351
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I've had a brilliant day/birthday - got taken out for a curry, and the staff gave me balloons and a birfday cake :woo: Also treated myself to a lovely new coat :ahee:

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad it went well for you! :h:
Reply 2352
My goodness I've missed lots! Sorry guys.

Erm, quick(ish) update of the past few months.

I've firmed Edinburgh uni for September.
I have finished all my exams!
I quit my job.

Covered a lot of work in therapy.
Split up with my boyfriend.

So...whole new me! Message me if anyone wants to chat.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2353
Original post by avhhs
Feeling **** again. Got my textbook open in front of me trying to condense the info but I get distracted so quickly. Have had Twitter open all day but it has to be the really tiny thing that gets me feeling like that :sad: The usual feelings of jealousy and everyone else has everything etc :rolleyes:. And it was over an event that I don't think I'd have much interest in anyway if things were good for me. How ****ing pathetic. Oh yeah I forgot, it describes my whole life :cry2:

If social networking sites sites are so triggering for you, could you not think about getting rid of them OR just simply de-friending/unfollowing those who trigger you the most?

Original post by Ice_Fire
My goodness I've missed lots! Sorry guys.

Erm, quick(ish) update of the past few months.

I've firmed Edinburgh uni for September.
I have finished all my exams!
I quit my job.
Covered a lot of work in therapy.
Split up with my boyfriend.

So...whole new me! Message me if anyone wants to chat.

I'd possibly think about spoilering/getting rid of the part about your reason for not being around. Could be triggering for some people in here that's all.

Sounds very positive otherwise though :bigsmile:
(edited 10 years ago)
iv completely run out of energy, i feel dirty, but cant shower now, i just dont even know how to feel anymore. i feel like im constantly putting on a brave face for people, when inside im just crushed. im empty.

i dunno, recently iv been getting more and more ideas and thoughts about [bad word] and i really dont like it, i need to try and phone the drs tomorrow.

im going on a guiding event soon, and my mum will be having a health for for me, aswell as someone else (who i think judges me) and i have to put what meds im on and why and im so scared, i only managed to fill in part of it today, and my mum was questioning it, and i just told her i might have my meds changed soon, i havnt even told her whats wrong with me, i just cant. i dont know what to do, shes gonna read it i know she is :cry2:
Reply 2355
not really doing so well. probably best for people to stay away from me for now.

ETA am safe in the most fundamental sense so no need to worry either.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kindred
When's your next exam? Don't worry about the last minuet if its stressing you out. Try taking a while to relax an then working for 10 minuets then relaxing again and so on. It's far more important for you to be calm and well tested in the exam than to know a couple of extra details that may not even come up.
Take care of yourself :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 05autyt
Come on you can do this :smile: We all have faith in you here! Hope you feel better soon!

First thing tomorrow and thank you both. Urgh I just hate the pressure and I keep thinking if I don't turn up that's an ace excuse for failing :L.

keep getting nose bleeds as well and the blood is really triggering. Messed up in work too. Just been a ****ing awful weekend and I feel crap and I feel awful
Original post by avhhs

:hugs: You're not pathetic. I know how you feel about just getting distracted. I found putting a box of stationery on my laptop helped me earlier to stop going on the internet... too much effort to move the box of stuff, then move the laptop, then do my password etc... (wow I sound lazy :tongue: )
Reply 2358
Original post by Deyesy
If social networking sites sites are so triggering for you, could you not think about getting rid of them OR just simply de-friending/unfollowing those who trigger you the most?
:

I'm feeling better now :smile:. I only really follow those people whose tweets don't make me feel like that. That particular tweet was by a girl I know well and she only posted that she wished she was at the Capital Summertime Ball this year as she went 4 years ago to the first one. Something not my type but even those can cause me to feel like that, so annoying :rolleyes:. I think I've got a plan though: Making a list of things to try and think about when I'm feeling like that :cool: :tongue:

Tomorrow afternoon ning kicks off 3 consecutive days of exams. Again I can't concentrate on revision and when I can the slightest thing where I have to use my brain makes me want to run. They're crucial exams too.
Original post by Deyesy

I'd possibly think about spoilering/getting rid of the part about your reason for not being around. Could be triggering for some people in here that's all.

Sounds very positive otherwise though :bigsmile:

You probably meant to do this anyway but where you've quoted Ice_Fire about spoilering - it still shows up in your post :smile:

Latest