The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Really really really struggling to revise for my last exam. Stupid really because I know I am capable of getting a good grade in it but I dunno I just feel totally worthless and like what is the point :/ ridiculous because I know getting in to UCL will make the world of difference to my MH and as cliché as it sounds will change my life :/ blahhhhhh. dunno why i am writing here. just to get it out of my system i guess. i should be trying to prove the people that put me down that they're wrong but i feel like giving in and letting them be right... meh...
Reply 2381
Utterly drained after that exam. Don't know whether to give myself the evening off or to start revising for my last exam in a week's time.
Original post by Deyesy
Utterly drained after that exam. Don't know whether to give myself the evening off or to start revising for my last exam in a week's time.

Take the night off. Give yourself a reward and prepare for your last exam from tomorrow.
Original post by Deyesy

Definately give yourself a well deserved rest! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2384
Exam went pretty awful :sad:
First session back after exams and it's touched on some personal stuff. I couldn't really say much and she wants me to go into more detail so she can help but I can't. :/ I don't know if I might try seeing somebody different and see if I can open up more to the although I think it's just that I don't want to open up to anyone. I don't want to get into the complications of seeing somebody new if it may not help. :s-smilie:
Aaah so much to work out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
im absolutely drained :frown:

had a fab afternoon with my cousin and family, but im so drained :frown:
got a massively busy day tomorrow aswell. just need a break.

i have so much to do, i just dont know what i need to do, my brains just a mess :frown:
Original post by PonchoKid

i have so much to do, i just dont know what i need to do, my brains just a mess :frown:

:hugs: physically or mentally drained? Sometimes I feel a really long soak in the bath helps.. gets me warm and snug but I don't have to move or stand up like in a shower. I think I'm addicted to baths actually.. no idea how I'll cope at uni without one!!
Just had chicken and thought of you! Can no longer move though I must have had 2 thirds of it :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
Exam went pretty awful :sad:

:hugs: you tried though :yep: :smile: nobody can expect more than that :smile:
Reply 2389
Original post by sunfowers01
Take the night off. Give yourself a reward and prepare for your last exam from tomorrow.

Original post by Kindred
Definately give yourself a well deserved rest! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel guilty about it but okay :pinch:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: physically or mentally drained? Sometimes I feel a really long soak in the bath helps.. gets me warm and snug but I don't have to move or stand up like in a shower. I think I'm addicted to baths actually.. no idea how I'll cope at uni without one!!
Just had chicken and thought of you! Can no longer move though I must have had 2 thirds of it :tongue:

possibly physically cos not only have i been out today, but been looking after a 2 year old, but also mentally cos i have so much going round my brain i dont even know where to start :s-smilie: just need to hide

baths scar me, its often a place where i get bad thoughts, and out bath here is a bit dirty (step dads a machanic and uses the shower) and not very big, and we dont own hot water in this house, but its a great idea other than that :tongue: 1 of our things for our last uni house was that it had a bath :tongue: and we had one in halls aswell :biggrin:

yeyyy, iv had 2 lots of chicken today :ninja: but not a roast, id like a roast chicken :yep: you dont well haha, i usually manage half a chicken :ninja:

hope your well
brain is melting down :s-smilie:

have so many options and not sure what's best, need money/work so gonna have to sign on again on Wednesday which will be stressful as hell but I have no other options short term, also need to sort out housing cause my parents can't afford for me to stay with them and regardless of what I end up doing I need somewhere to live, choices are; IT apprenticeship if I can find one, IT course and part time job if I can sort out those or just work full stop which im not sure about going straight into and stuff. :s-smilie:

why can't life be easier...just feel ****ty and confused by it all.
Original post by catoswyn
He is there to serve you so if it isn't working for you, tell him. Ask if you can see someone else if necessary. You have the right to do this. What kind of therapy is this? It sounds more like counselling rather than say CBT. Is he a mental health nurse, a psychologist or a PWB practitioner? Maybe he thinks he is doing one thing and you are expecting another? A CPN for instance might not actually be doing therapy with you at all. They often just meet to monitor your mood and medication, offer moral support and someone to talk to, prepare a care plan and refer you to other parts of the service if necessary. It is really good to know exactly what you are getting so you can request other forms of help/therapy if you want. Therapy comes in lots of forms: low intensity, high intensity, mindfulness, CBT etc and you might find one suits you more than another so don't give up yet. Find out exactly what you are currently undergoing first and then ask what else is available.

You sound very depressed and so it is not surprising that you are feeling that it is all useless. I wouldn't just give up; hang on to your current set up but try to work out if they can refer you to other help too.

Good luck

:smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile: He's a psychologist and he started off trying CBT but I wasn't really making much head way with it so he thought a mindfulness approach might be more helpful. But he repeatedly says to me that he's not really an expert in it and so it's a learning experience for him, which tbh I don't find all that reassuring. I'm actually seeing him privately because my CMHT doesn't have a psychologists atm and the only therapy they're running is a STEPS program which I don't qualify for, so the up shot of that is that I can't be referred to anyone else so it's kinda this or nothing :s
Reply 2393

Oh dear, feeling drained is always **** but I suppose you did have a great afternoon :tongue: Hope you manage to complete everything you need to :smile: :hugs:

Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: you tried though :yep: :smile: nobody can expect more than that :smile:

Not really I think, didn't revise much at all as I couldn't concentrate.
awesome! im a bit of everything :tongue: im an assistant leader with brownies, sometimes help at guides (the event im going to is a guide event) and then i helped with setting up a senior section "unit" in my district, but havnt been to any meetings yet cos iv been away at uni. also helped with rainbow stuff aswell :tongue:
so yeah, haha standard leader that does a bit of everything really. :smile:

Ooh I'd like to try being involved with Senior Section sometime. :smile:
Feeling stressed out tonight :frown: Feel like nothing is going right; uni, boyfriend, job, friends :/. Is anyone available so I can have a rant by PM? Or know how to spoiler something so I can post it here? Could be a bit triggery for some people, especially if you're sensitive about uni/academic issues like I am at the moment.
Having an off day for the first time in a while. Hope it's not the start of something :s-smilie:

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I've had a brilliant day/birthday - got taken out for a curry, and the staff gave me balloons and a birfday cake :woo: Also treated myself to a lovely new coat :ahee:

Belated birthday wishes :awesome: :woo: :party:
Original post by sadpanda123
Feeling stressed out tonight :frown: Feel like nothing is going right; uni, boyfriend, job, friends :/. Is anyone available so I can have a rant by PM? Or know how to spoiler something so I can post it here? Could be a bit triggery for some people, especially if you're sensitive about uni/academic issues like I am at the moment.

am around if you wish :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Having an off day for the first time in a while. Hope it's not the start of something :s-smilie:

:hugs: fingers crossed.

Belated birthday wishes :awesome: :woo: :party:

Slightly put-out by that I didn't hear anything from my ex (was a somewhat amicable break - I may have fell apart and ended up drinking 2 bottles of whisky in one night to try and cope, but she's still my friend) or my best friend though - surely it's not that hard just to pick up the phone and knock out a quick "happy birthday" text? Maybe I'm just being petty though...
Reply 2399
Original post by sadpanda123

Spoiler stuff by typing [noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse]
Im around if you want to PM, but probably wont manage any long reply.

Latest