I got 6% :redface:

ME TOO!
Reply 921
Definitely high grade boundaries :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 922
Original post by pinkfairyarmadillo
Same! :colondollar:

yeah I think thats right (I got it wrong in the exam by thinking 1 out of 1000 meant the recessive allele silly me)

1 out of 1000 were homozygous recessive (q^2)

so 0.1%, so as a frequency 0.001 = q^2

so ROOT(0.001) = q = 0.0316....
1 - q = 0.968...

so 2(0.316..)(0.968..) = 0.061245...
as a percentage times by 100

= 6.12% (3sf)

is this what everyone else did?
Original post by Son234
Definitely high grade boundaries :frown:

Why? Wasnt that easy
Reply 924
Original post by master y
Why? Wasnt that easy

You don't think so?

Reply 925
Original post by nathaan5
same 6.12% or something

yay!!! i got this! is my metheod ok: i did 1/1000 then sqaure rooted this answer, then minused from 1 to get the other allele frequecny then time these by 2?
Reply 926
oh god I'm gonna stop looking at this thread haha I'll just see all the places I lost marks

can't believe I messed up the hardy weinberg!!!!!!!! :mad:
What did everyone write about advantages of using both bio and chem pest control?
Reply 928
how did everyone find it? i though it was an okayish paper but that means grade boundaries will be higher! :frown:
Reply 929
Original post by Beth_L_G
What did everyone write about advantages of using both bio and chem pest control?

i wrote the advantages of both and then wrote the using then together would be more cost effective and less time consuming. what did you write?
Reply 930
What did people put as answers for the enzyme Questions; something about why is Triose Phosphate lower in Iron Deficiency plants?
Original post by emah123
i wrote the advantages of both and then wrote the using then together would be more cost effective and less time consuming. what did you write?

Exactly the same here :smile: Also wrote disadvantages of each and how using both minimises these
Reply 932

I said you use less chemical pesticides so less environmental damage, I said reduce leeching, kill more variety of pests? As biological is spcific to one pest.Biological is long lasting but slow and chemical acts straight away so you get benefits of both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 933

I wrote the advantages separately:frown: like advantages of using chemical pesticides and advantages of using biological agent... is that okay?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 934
Original post by amychan
I wrote the advantages separately:frown: like advantages of using chemical pesticides and advantages of using biological agent... is that okay?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I dont think so it specifically said advantages of the mixed (integrated ot said didnt it?) system. It didnt ask for sperate advantages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 935
Original post by Teffie123
What did people put as answers for the enzyme Questions; something about why is Triose Phosphate lower in Iron Deficiency plants?

Was that question about competitive inhibition?
Reply 936

I wrote something like less electrons transport in LDR-> less ATP and reduced NADP for the reduction of GP to TP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 937

Stuff about how less ATP made as electron transport chain in light dependent reaction would slow down, and also less NADPH formed as electron transport reduced. Then this would mean that less ATP and NADPH available to reduce GP to TP and so less TP made.
Reply 938
how many marks would you lose for putting 6% instead of 6.12%?
Reply 939

I thought they were quite nice, less TP because of less ATP for it to be reduced, and less reduces NADP too (obviously in more detail)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending