The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Philosophy and Ethics, UNIT4: Implications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
No one seems to be talking about Donovan...does that mean no one has properly revised him?!
Reply 321
Can anyone take a reliable and logical guess as to what anthology could come up tomorrow? A lot of people say Ayer but what other paragraphs form the other anthologies do you think could also be likely?
Original post by keshia786
No one seems to be talking about Donovan...does that mean no one has properly revised him?!

He came up last year so I don't think it'll be on again this year because it'd cause centres to complain to the exam board, but I think I'm just gonna know the basics of his argument and then try and fill the gaps with my best waffling technique I can find if he comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jackhayes74
He came up last year so I don't think it'll be on again this year because it'd cause centres to complain to the exam board, but I think I'm just gonna know the basics of his argument and then try and fill the gaps with my best waffling technique I can find if he comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saaaame, plus Donovan just talks about intuition and feeling certain/being right and throws a few scholars in to boot :L
Original post by Sherlockedd
Saaaame, plus Donovan just talks about intuition and feeling certain/being right and throws a few scholars in to boot :L

The only scholar name I remember from Donovan is Buber and his I-It I-You thing because I remember reading through it during class and thinking 'Buber, that's a funny name' that'll definitely gonna get me an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only scholar name I remember from Donovan is Buber and his I-It I-You thing because I remember reading through it during class and thinking 'Buber, that's a funny name' that'll definitely gonna get me an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha, he mentions Farmer, Owen, Russell and Bailie as well (maybe not in that order..) but yeah Buber is pretty easy to remember. I think Russell's pretty easy as well because he just talks about deception
Reply 326

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just gonna read and understand this page: http://sgsphilosophy.webs.com/anthologydonovana2.htm

and that'll be it! :biggrin:
Ahaha, he mentions Farmer, Owen, Russell and Bailie as well (maybe not in that order..) but yeah Buber is pretty easy to remember. I think Russell's pretty easy as well because he just talks about deception

Cheers! Some guy I know only revised Ayer last year and when Donovan came up he thought he'd failed but somehow he got a B so it shows it can't be too much like rocket science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
what have people come up with for part B of westphal?
Cheers! Some guy I know only revised Ayer last year and when Donovan came up he thought he'd failed but somehow he got a B so it shows it can't be too much like rocket science

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, my teacher told me that someone revised only Westphal and Donovan came up but they cleverly linked all of their Westphal knowledge to the paragraph and they got an 50/50 :O
Original post by Gee:)
what have people come up with for part B of westphal?

Well think about how the idea of the scholar would affect the world/religious people e.g. for Nietzsche you could link it to critiques by saying that if religion is just a slave morality then we should abolish religion. Then say your point of view about it
Yep, my teacher told me that someone revised only Westphal and Donovan came up but they cleverly linked all of their Westphal knowledge to the paragraph and they got an 50/50 :O

Tbf that is a cleaver thing to do though! I just hope the one we're expecting/hoping *cough* Ayer *cough* comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbf that is a cleaver thing to do though! I just hope the one we're expecting/hoping *cough* Ayer *cough* comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahaha I'm hoping for Kant from Westphal ngl, although the intro paragraph of Ayer would be good too.
Reply 333
My teacher said that the trickiest part of Donovan is actually identifying what section the passage is from, eithee for intuition or against it.
Reply 334
Can someone explain Augustine and Pelagian please?? So confusing
Reply 335
In part A do you have to keep referring back to the specific words in the passage
ahaha I'm hoping for Kant from Westphal ngl, although the intro paragraph of Ayer would be good too.

Tbh we got taught to analyse the first paragraph and then explain the whole argument and then refer to the paragraph as much as possible so no matter what paragraph comes up you can talk about the same things!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 337
Original post by khazara
In part A do you have to keep referring back to the specific words in the passage

Yeah, pretty much, but link back to wider knowledge of the article as a whole.
Original post by keshia786
I'm just gonna read and understand this page: http://sgsphilosophy.webs.com/anthologydonovana2.htm

and that'll be it! :biggrin:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!! I've just done my Donovan summary in like 30 mins aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh we got taught to analyse the first paragraph and then explain the whole argument and then refer to the paragraph as much as possible so no matter what paragraph comes up you can talk about the same things!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah, sounds like a good plan of attack :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending