hey think this might answer your question :smile:
C4.gif

thanks soo much! :smile::smile:
Original post by Agent006
hey think this might answer your question :smile:
C4.gif

Sorry to ask again, do you have C1, C2, C3 as well? :colondollar:
Original post by urbanamore
The thing is, although it was really hard and there's a couple of bits I know I got wrong...overall I think I did decent, and if they grade boundaries are low which they should be as everyone seems to have found it impossible, I think I should have actually done okay...

Likewise. I mean I looked at Arsey's solutions and even though I did crap in comparison to past papers, there's still a chance I might get the grade I need :smile:
Original post by Serpentine111
This is exactly what I thought! The questions required more thought and weren't "standard" but I don't understand the "questions not on spec" "impossible" comments. It was OK apart from the tanx question...?

Yeah, apart from the tanx question, I felt the paper was ok....even though I fudged up the functions lol
What shape equations to we need to know. Volume/SA of a cone, prism, cube, cylinder and cuboid? Is that all of them?
Original post by Chris-69
What shape equations to we need to know. Volume/SA of a cone, prism, cube, cylinder and cuboid? Is that all of them?

Would like to know this too

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
C4.gif
Regarding this what someone posted earlier, the integral of e^kx, why is it multiplied by -1/k, I've always just done 1/k?!?!
Reply 3787
Original post by Westeros
C4.gif
Regarding this what someone posted earlier, the integral of e^kx, why is it multiplied by -1/k, I've always just done 1/k?!?!

It must be a typo, it is 1/k. Don't know where they've got -1/k from
Original post by Giant
It must be a typo, it is 1/k. Don't know where they've got -1/k from

Thank god! I panicked a bit then, thinking I've been doing it wrong :colondollar: What an untrustworthy source!
Reply 3789
Original post by Westeros
Thank god! I panicked a bit then, thinking I've been doing it wrong :colondollar: What an untrustworthy source!

You'd think they would have picked it up when checking for errors, especially considering it's such a vital page for most students
Original post by Giant
You'd think they would have picked it up when checking for errors, especially considering it's such a vital page for most students

Exactly! Unlucky for some who will just end up memorising that formula sheet without spotting the mistake :frown:
I'm self teaching C4, anybody got any useful tips? :colondollar:
good luck everyone with c4 :smile:
Reply 3793
I fear C4 will have no effect on my grade because of the disaster that was C3. Man you can't just lower grade boundaries to fix a paper like that. Whatever you think of it's difficulty I think it was a poorly designed paper; creating a good exam paper that is accessible to a wide range whilst still being able to differentiate between higher able candidates and lesser able candidates is a skill Edexcel haven't mastered it seems. Now we're going to get some squashed, heavily shifted boundaries that will result in people getting grades they don't deserve, be it for better or worse.

Still though, focusing on C4 because I want the moral high ground. I want a really high grade in C4 just so I can at least tell myself that I was capable of getting a good mark in C3. Going well so far! Did the 2011s today. 75/75 in Jan and 70/75 in June. Am achieving quite a stable A* at the moment so am quite ready for the exam I feel. It's mostly the silly mistakes at this point that cost me...
Reply 3794
Original post by MedMed12
UMS doesnt change, raw marks do though so it may not be :smile: don't doubt yet, focus hard for c4 :smile: and whatever happens happens, but hopefully you'll be happily surprised :wink:

Ahh thanks ^^
I'll try my best!
It's just really hard to focus on C4 when I have 3 other exams next week to revise for :frown:
I'm sure you'll do well too! :smile:
Guys do u lot hav a the c3 leaked paper or do u no if it will come out after exams finished or if you have it can u post on tsr please
There was nothing awfully hard about this paper tbh yes, i know, it looked nothing like the past papers, but the questions were clearly C3 grade.
(edited 10 years ago)
if any of you guys want a break, take a 5 minute break and check this out, It's hilarious lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoORu5F_ABk
Reply 3798
Original post by orange94
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332599.752413.jpg
Question 4 in excersie 3d part a)

Why do you divide the answer by 2? Cause that's the answer in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you take out the factor of 4 at the beginning you need to bring the power with it so it would be 4^(1/2) which = 2. So the whole thing should be multiplied by 2, not 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3799
Anyone got any good resource with difficult questions? Solomon isn't quite doing it for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending