The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

I realised overnight, in the midst of my brains usual stuff;

I've been a really awful person at times in the past because of my depression.

no, that's not fair, the depression was my excuse to myself and how I deluded myself I did nothing wrong for so long.

Spoiler

I don't expect any of you to understand this post but that's okay, it's not for anyone else, it's for me to remember this and who knows maybe for my friends in the unlikely event they read it.

but yeah, I was a real ****, but I know that now and I need to make sure I don't act that way ever again.

I spoilered the main part of this cause it might be triggering or confusing to people.
Reply 2861
Original post by PonchoKid
could you ask local charities prehaps?
i know when my sister moves into a new flat shes getting £100 voucher for a local cheaap furniture shop to buy stuff because she has nothing and is having a baby in september... might be worth a shot :hugs:

Spoiler

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

in pain and feeling like ****, i literally dont know what to do about anything, but no tears left after last night :frown: cant do this at the moment :cry2:

Fridge cost us £85 from a second hand shop. It was cheap and lasted a year. I called dad to figure out what to do and he said best get a new one with a warranty and everything, and he will help us out with costs. I am so ridiculously grateful for my Dad. He is the best person in the world, going to be such a good Grandad to our baby.

Spoiler

I keep gettting confused and don'[t know what is reality and waht isn't anyore. feel like i am dreaming but awkawe or something i don't know i don't understand. it scares me . happened in my last exam and i was spaced out couldn;t thihnk or aything . feel like everything isnt real anymore. i keep feling like i am going crazy. i don't want this :cry:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
I keep gettting confused and don'[t know what is reality and waht isn't anyore. feel like i am dreaming but awkawe or something i don't know i don't understand. it scares me . happened in my last exam and i was spaced out couldn;t thihnk or aything . feel like everything isnt real anymore. i keep feling like i am going crazy. i don't want this :cry:

:hugs: Try not to worry too much - lots of people feel like they're going crazy at one time or another, but generally these things pass. Can you think of any common factor between the times it's happened, like maybe stress from the exam? If it's something like anxiety then there are a range of treatments that might help. I'd recommend speaking to your doctor about this - they won't judge you, and they might be able to reassure you/help you out. :smile:
Original post by catoswyn
Hang on in there. There's time to work out what you are going to say. You don't have to say anything which makes you too uncomfortable.

:smile:

I'm trying my best. I only have like 3 days left till the meeting; I really need to think about what I'm going to say. If I tell them just about my low mood and my social problems/anxiety I would not be fully cared for.

I've been having severe battles this morning; my head feels like it's going to explode. I want to tell my mum about this; I just don't know how I can tell her about this, after all she'll be horrified. I would like to tell you about some of the things I've done, but I wouldn't be able to do it over the internet.

I know how severe this is now; it's like I've been possessed by something and there's a few of me now. Me doesn't want myself to tell them about me, because brain just wants me to talk about the quiet, shy, harmless Akshay. It could be because it wants to divert attention away from my very violent and dangerous me.

Sorry if that sounds really crazy.
Original post by Kindred
It's not your fault. It's a natural part of life and happens to almost everyone. The only reason it's happening to them is because they're the people you notice it happening to. Even if it is linked to you, if it wasn't you it'd be somebody else. You're a wonderful person and people appreciate you for it (take it from me). :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the kind words. Was already asleep or in bed by that point, but still, thanks :smile:
Hope you're okay x
Not been with it at all today :frown:
So out of sorts recently again which i dont like. My emotions are all over the place. Its quite scary in a way.

Constantly tired aswell, but not sleeping properly at night. Really not liking it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not feeling all that great. It's a bit of a rant probably so i'll shove it in spoilers...

Spoiler

But on the bright side, after the social aspect of my leaver's party was over with I actually had some fun. I spent the time after it with a few friends and by the end of it i'd sorta forgotten about the bad parts. I actually felt safe at night too, probably because I was with friends. Best of all one of my friends was complimentary of me and then spent the rest of today helping me organise things which i've been wanting to for a while. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiding from my own parents :cry2: feel so **** at the moment dont know what to do about it. Cant even get up. Just want to cry :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Big shout out to 08batee for consoling me earlier today. The headlines about the runaway student and teacher who is being jailed brought back memories/feelings :frown: Feeling better now though - hopefully things will stay that way :yes:
Original post by PonchoKid
Hiding from my own parents :cry2: feel so **** at the moment dont know what to do about it. Cant even get up. Just want to cry :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: it's okay, it will all be okay and it's not your fault that your step dad is being mean and stuff! you can talk to me as well and I will make sure you are okay :smile: :lovehug:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big shout out to 08batee for consoling me earlier today. The headlines about the runaway student and teacher who is being jailed brought back memories/feelings :frown: Feeling better now though - hopefully things will stay that way :yes:

:hugs: that's good she helped you! hope things are okay for you!
Reply 2871

:lovehug: I barely did anything hun! Glad you're feeling better though :yes:
Original post by 08batee
:lovehug: I barely did anything hun! Glad you're feeling better though :yes:

You were VERY helpful. I was just like :eek3: :awesome: :lovehug: when I realised how long your text was and how much effort that must have taken to type :jumphug:
Reply 2873
You were VERY helpful. I was just like :eek3: :awesome: :lovehug: when I realised how long your text was and how much effort that must have taken to type :jumphug:

Not at all hun :nah: (Though it IS hard to type on my phone tbh, because my fingers are fat and I end up making like a trillion typos per word :lol: :teehee: :colondollar: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
Not at all hun :nah: (Though it IS hard to type on my phone tbh, because my fingers are fat and I end up making like a trillion typos per word :lol: :teehee: :colondollar: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have fat fingers too! :five: This is why I was never gonna be a concert pianist: don't have the right hands for it. It's nothing to do with lack of practice on my part or anything :nah:

:ninja:
How did you guys explain yourself to your parents, how did you tell your parents how you felt?
Reply 2876
I have fat fingers too! :five: This is why I was never gonna be a concert pianist: don't have the right hands for it. It's nothing to do with lack of practice on my part or anything :nah:

:ninja:

:five:

Haha! Of course not :ninja: :ahee:

I have never thought of that: I can blame my epic failure at trying to learn piano on that! Nothing to do with the fact I could never read music or anything ( :ninja: ), just that I have fat sausage fingers :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
:five:

Haha! Of course not :ninja: :ahee:

I have never thought of that: I can blame my epic failure at trying to learn piano on that! Nothing to do with the fact I could never read music or anything ( :ninja: ), just that I have fat sausage fingers :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pah, reading music is overrated. You could have played by ear or been a jazz maestro or something, were it not for your sausage fingers :sadnod:

:p:

Original post by lonelybrummie
How did you guys explain yourself to your parents, how did you tell your parents how you felt?

I don't really remember, tbh. I think I probably chickened out and made one of my sisters do it initially, when I first got really ill :colondollar: I do remember once I came back from uni and started living at home again, I sat my mum down with the NHS's webpage on psychosis and went through it line by line, explaining how it applied to me/manifests in my life. My CPN also gave me some leaflets to give to my parents. My dad refused to read them but my mum did :yes:
Reply 2878
So I didn't call the GP. I did manage to get dressed though and have applied for a whole three jobs.
Might end up asking my mum to call them.
Original post by SciFiRory
I realised overnight, in the midst of my brains usual stuff;

I've been a really awful person at times in the past because of my depression.

no, that's not fair, the depression was my excuse to myself and how I deluded myself I did nothing wrong for so long.

Spoiler

I don't expect any of you to understand this post but that's okay, it's not for anyone else, it's for me to remember this and who knows maybe for my friends in the unlikely event they read it.

but yeah, I was a real ****, but I know that now and I need to make sure I don't act that way ever again.

I spoilered the main part of this cause it might be triggering or confusing to people.

I think I must have read this this morning when I was half-asleep or something, coz I did mean to reply to this earlier :facepalm:

Spoiler

:jumphug:

Latest