The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If he plays like this then i want him injured all the time, that forehand is so good and hard.
Reply 4821
Poor Ferrer must be baffled...
Original post by RyJ
Poor Ferrer must be baffled...

Yeah, he must have thought it was a gift.

Usually though we see Nadal esq 30 shot rallies from Del Potro so i think this injury's forcing him to hit winners sooner. Either that or it may have been his game plan.
Reply 4823
Original post by Rakas21
Yeah, he must have thought it was a gift.

Usually though we see Nadal esq 30 shot rallies from Del Potro so i think this injury's forcing him to hit winners sooner. Either that or it may have been his game plan.

Yeah, he'll be wanting to preserve himself for the rest of the match by finishing the points off sooner.
McEnroe sums up Del Potro perfectly: devastating, when he's on it. Could so easily be in the top 3.

I wish they didn't have two QFs on at the same time, both shaping up to be great matches.
Original post by RyJ
Yeah, he'll be wanting to preserve himself for the rest of the match by finishing the points off sooner.

Yeah but ironically that's making him better or at least putting him in front. Probably made worse by the fact that breaking Del Potro is not going to happen more than a handful of times in a match.
Reply 4826
I'd like to Berdych take this first set, at least...
Federer playing in Hamburg, i wonder if Nadal will fancy joining him.
Reply 4828
Djoko Berdych is a great match. Djoko takes first set though, Berdych played out of his mind to stay in that though.
****ing hell BBC, why can't you keep the same match on the same channel for more than half an hour? Complete pointless swap there.
Reply 4830
That forehand :holmes: :biggrin:
Del Potro breaks, serves for the second!!!!!
Reply 4832
yes DelPo
Reply 4833
Jesus, I don't think Delpo would have played this well before that fall!
94% first serve points won!
Weirdly not a single challenge yet.
Del Potro-Ferrer into a third set tiebreak.
Reply 4837
That ball into the net must have hurt Del Potro, it should have been an easy point...
Djok just aced a second serve :coma: bye bye, Berdy..
What a shot!

Latest