The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Convincing hold from Murray. Should win the set, but...

Original post by PoisonSky
tbf, it was a bit hard on Murray that he makes his first double fault at set point....

Meh, it's totally within his control so isn't really like that Verdasco shot that clipped the net and jerked off at forty-five degreees.
Original post by PoisonSky
tbf, it was a bit hard on Murray that he makes his first double fault at set point....

I'd literally just said 'It'd be really unlucky if he lost this set on a double fault' then it happened :unimpressed:
This is highly amusing, people (and commentators) have been talking like the sun shines out of Murray's behind all tournament and yet now he finally gets somebody with a degree of pedigree and he's struggling.

Verdasco to win in 4 and i'll be glad.
Murray is serving for the set..

I hope he can do this!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by montstar
I'd literally just said 'It'd be really unlucky if he lost this set on a double fault' then it happened :unimpressed:

How is that unlucky in any way? :facepalm2:
Yaaay! :smile:
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Murray is serving for the match..

I hope he can do this!

Serving for the match already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray takes the 3rd set 6-1
Reply 4928
That's more like it. I hope he doesn't let off the pressure and relax a bit now because Verdasco will be on the attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791
Serving for the match already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant set :facepalm:
Reply 4930
"Sir Alex has seen some comebacks in his time but this will be some comeback"
Verdasco did rather lull in that set, I think he can switch his level back up it's just whether Murray can turn his level up as to whether he can stay in this match!
Original post by manchesterunited15
How is that unlucky in any way? :facepalm2:

How is it not unlucky? Is it lucky to lose a set? :confused:

Perhaps ironic would have been a better choice of words, he was fighting for the set with no double faults then his first double fault lost him the set.
The BBC are really treating the all Polish match like dirt.
Original post by montstar
How is it not unlucky? Is it lucky to lose a set? :confused:

Perhaps ironic would have been a better choice of words, he was fighting for the set with no double faults then his first double fault lost him the set.

No of course not, it's not lucky or unlucky to lose a set. It's skill...

Yes ironic is better.
Just got back - didn't realise the match was still going on. Let's go Andy.
That was insane.
What a ****ing rally!
Reply 4938
Reply 4939
What a rally there!

Latest