The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6460
Original post by ubi1
Still its a positive for Nadal atleast he never lost in 3 sets djokovic lost in his prime in 3 sets in his prime lol. Thanks to Murray and hopefully Murray can somehow grab Austalien open if Nadal doesn't and in few years time when Fedal has retired Murray may grab a French Open look at it this way Nole is injured due to sliding too much on hard and grass, Fedal has retired who's the Favorite to win the French open Andy Murray?

Murray has got bigger problems than Fedal and Nole on clay my friend.
Original post by ubi1
I can't help but agree with you here the post of yours that I agree with. Vamos Rafa.:wink:

You trolls stick together :wink:
Original post by Roger1
And even if Murray breaks all sorts of records (impossible), I'll still be one of his biggest hatters.

... And that's why none of us care about what you think.
winning X titles - is not the only way to become a great..

winning a career grandslam would be another (only 7 men to ever do this)

or even a golden grand slam, (only 2 men)

Both could be achieved within 2-3 years of murray still being fit/healthy..

now im not saying he will, - infact its hugely unlikely..

But..

Not impossible as some people here seem to suggest..
Reply 6464
Original post by TH3-FL45H
You trolls stick together :wink:

We learnt all this off you. You're the master.:wink:
Reply 6465
Thought Murray was fantastic today his defensive play from the baseline was the best I've ever seen from him. That being said was very surprised by Novak today- anyone else thinking that he was approaching the net far too much and playing lots of drop shots. Murrays speed across the court meant he picked them off at ease. Strategy was bonkers! When he was dominant at the start of the second the points were far longer and forced the issue in the right way.
Well just checked house prices in Paris. Too expensive. Melbourne is expensive as well but Murray has a good chance of winning it so no point relocating there.

Just have to wait out these dark days of tennis. The only people supporting Murray are mindless Brit drones.i dont know a single actual tennis fan who was supporting Mugray.
Original post by fallen_acorns

But..

But who was clay?

Murray will never win the French not even in his wildest dreams.
Reply 6468
Original post by Ultimate1
Well just checked house prices in Paris. Too expensive. Melbourne is expensive as well but Murray has a good chance of winning it so no point relocating there.

Just have to wait out these dark days of tennis. The only people supporting Murray are mindless Brit drones.i dont know a single actual tennis fan who was supporting Mugray.

I still don't understand who do you support?
Original post by ubi1

Well look at my avi that should give a huge clue :wink:.

I also support generally attacking players like Jo-Willy, Del Wristro, Haas, Wawrinka, Rosol.
Original post by ubi1

Whoever Murray is facing :lol:
Been away from this thread for almost an hour but yeah, congrats to Murray!

By the way did anyone catch Alex Salmond hogging a giant Scottish flag when Murray clinched the final point? :biggrin:
Sigh, hopefully Nadal/Federer are out there watching the scenes somewhere. It doesn't seem like Novak is too bithered about saving tennis, it's up to Fedal (Nadal especially as he knows exactly how to destroy Murray).

I'll ask you again since you seemed to miss my last post, why are you so pessimistic about tennis mate?
Original post by fallen_acorns

But..

If he gets a career grand slam, then he'll have a career golden slam

He could do it - I can see him winning the australian open but not the french open tbh

You're boring me now
Original post by TH3-FL45H
If he gets a career grand slam, then he'll have a career golden slam

He could do it - I can see him winning the australian open but not the french open tbh

no a golden slam is all 4 in 1 year. Unless you know that and you meant if he wins all 4 he'll win them in 1 year?
Well look at my avi that should give a huge clue :wink:.

I also support generally attacking players like Jo-Willy, Del Wristro, Haas, Wawrinka, Rosol.

Tennis is dead, isn't it?

So go away.
Original post by manchesterunited15
no a golden slam is all 4 in 1 year. Unless you know that and you meant if he wins all 4 he'll win them in 1 year?

I said career golden slam
Reply 6478
Is there any non-British Murray fan out there? highly unlikely.
It's funny how much the Murray haters are venting right now! He's just won Wimbledon and beaten the no.1 player in the world. It's frankly pathetic to see all this negativity flying about.....I mean are you doing it to feel better about yourself or what?!!

EDIT: so good to see how gracious Novak was after the match. True champion!
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest