The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only one who thinks, there are a ton of stunning blondies with blue eyes, and a ton of dark haired, dark eyed beautiful girls aswell?

I really dont have a preference when it comes to hair and eye colour personally.
Reply 81
It is practically impossible to 'map' mens preferences. Firstly because they come in 'degrees' - there are women men would bang, women they'd date or marry and all sorts of women can be labeled as 'hot'. Most guys I know don't have a 'type' - in fact, if they would describe it, they'd just say their type is hot. I know loads of guys who find Eva Longoria and Candice Swanepoel equally hot. If eye and hair colour is part of it, it's a minor component.
Secondly, women with blue eyes and blonde hair are in minority worldwide so the amount of men dating them will always be fewer. The type of women men "usually go for" will always be down to the women they are exposed to. Some men rarely meet Scandinavian-looking women, and if the few they meet are unattractive, there is no reason they'd prefer them.

If you're looking for some evolutionary reason why men's preferences would tilt in that direction, if they do, then yes there is some. There is the 'exclusive' aspect of it - people with blue eyes show a certain tendency to prefer blue eyes as their partners would need to have it in order to pass it on to their children. Another thing is that blonde hair is associated with youth - many natural blondes go darker as they get older. Youth is attractive in women, so blonde hair sends signals of fertility.

My experience is that Scandinavian girls are very popular with men, but most of the time they simply have good figures (slim with curves), are well groomed and have good facial features. They are not attractive because they have blonde hair and/or blue eyes.

To be 'insecure' or have to fish for compliments from men due to dark hair/skin ("oh am I not hot then, with my olive tone skin and deep brown eyes :frown:"), is pure rubbish. Looking at the women worldwide regarded as the most beautiful on the planet, there are just as many brunettes as blondes, and a huge mix of blue, green and brown eyes.
(edited 10 years ago)
OP look at the actress Penelope Cruz.. I think that will answer your question
hmmm no, i dont find only women with pale skin, blonder hair and blue eyes attractive.....thats a biased towards one race created by westerners
Reply 84
Original post by La belle jolie
Now those I do have. :sexface:

i dont wanna be with some deep voiced man like person. i want a femanine gal.
Reply 85
Original post by Mia_baines
Well, seeing as i have an olive skintone, dark hair and dark eyes, i certainly hope this isnt the case.

care to upload a pic
Black hair and Chinese >>>
Original post by I-I
i dont wanna be with some deep voiced man like person. i want a femanine gal.

Cool story brah.
Original post by I-I
care to upload a pic

I think i'll pass on that. Sorry
(edited 10 years ago)
All relative. They can carry out as much 'studies' as they like; it all boils down to personal preferences, which are not even static. Some males I know love a blonde, some see them as incredibly bland.
Reply 90
Personally I find colouring plays a very little (or rather no) role in if I think someones good looking or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Apocrypha
Am I the only one who thinks, there are a ton of stunning blondies with blue eyes, and a ton of dark haired, dark eyed beautiful girls aswell?

I really dont have a preference when it comes to hair and eye colour personally.

Yeah same, I think if I was pushed I'd lean towards brunette, but it's very minor and the main aspect for me is how attractive their face is to me.
Original post by joey11223
Yeah same, I think if I was pushed I'd lean towards brunette, but it's very minor and the main aspect for me is how attractive their face is to me.

Yh, face and facial features, dress sense and physique over Hair and Eye colour anyday.

And Creepers, I HATE CREEPERS.
Original post by Mia_baines
Well, seeing as i have an olive skintone, dark hair and dark eyes, i certainly hope this isnt the case.

You fit my ideal description :P I have blonde hair and blue eyes so maybe it's because you're the complete opposite?
Yh, face and facial features, dress sense and physique over Hair and Eye colour anyday.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hi I dont know you in real life but pleasee tell me you dont wear them :frown:
Hi I dont know you in real life but pleasee tell me you dont wear them :frown:

Sorry, I thought you meant actual creepy people :tongue: (Was at work most of last night as you can probably tell lol...)
Sorry, I thought you meant actual creepy people :tongue: (Was at work most of last night as you can probably tell lol...)

Lmaoo dang, Well I dont really like creepy people either, now you arent a creepy person who wears creepers are you? :eek: :angry:
Lmaoo dang, Well I dont really like creepy people either, now you arent a creepy person who wears creepers are you? :eek: :angry:

Of course not... :colone:

I'm not fussy on dress sense as I...have none. :tongue:

Creepers, never heard of em, so they look like ridiculously high soled shoes?

Latest