The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyh77
Mee :biggrin: all of mine were CCEA haha

Ah good! There doesn't seem to be many here that ever do them, wanted to find somebody. :tongue:
How did they go for you? :smile:
Original post by Molly648
Yep 5 of my subjects were with CCEA. Which subjects did you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! CCEA students seem to be a rare breed around here. :biggrin:
8 of mine were with CCEA haha, Maths/ Add.Maths/ English Language/ DA Science/ French/ Irish/ Spanish/ Geography.
What about you? How did you find them? :smile:
Reply 762
Original post by IrishChick
What did you think of the double award science, which exam did you find the hardest? Its just I found biology the hardest and all my mates found it the easiest :frown:

I didn't do Double Award :/ I did them as three separate GCSEs! Though I do remember my friends who did DA saying it was hard, I'm sure it will be finee
Original post by aasvogel
Ah good! There doesn't seem to be many here that ever do them, wanted to find somebody. :tongue:
How did they go for you? :smile:

Yeahh I know! Some of the CCEA exams I did, I posted topics for and no one replied haha :tongue: Seemed like no one else had done those exams at all!
Em I thought they went alright but I don't want to jinx it! Yourself?
I didn't do Double Award :/ I did them as three separate GCSEs! Though I do remember my friends who did DA saying it was hard, I'm sure it will be finee

Yeahh I know! Some of the CCEA exams I did, I posted topics for and no one replied haha :tongue: Seemed like no one else had done those exams at all!
Em I thought they went alright but I don't want to jinx it! Yourself?

It's quite frustrating haha, trying to find threads is hard! I think it'll be a bit more popular at A-Level!
Yay! I thought mine went well, English Literature was quite stressful (AQA) and I'm borderline A* for English Language so that's touch and go, but the rest I have a pretty good idea of what I've got because I went through the paper after. :tongue: Hopefully no nasty shocks!

(though I don't want to jinx it either)
8 of mine were with CCEA haha, Maths/ Add.Maths/ English Language/ DA Science/ French/ Irish/ Spanish/ Geography.

How did you find the Irish exam ? :smile:
Reply 765

They are indeed! Haha
My exams with CCEA were add maths, maths, English literature, English language and RE!
How did you find the maths/add maths and English exams then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 766
It's quite frustrating haha, trying to find threads is hard! I think it'll be a bit more popular at A-Level!
Yay! I thought mine went well, English Literature was quite stressful (AQA) and I'm borderline A* for English Language so that's touch and go, but the rest I have a pretty good idea of what I've got because I went through the paper after. :tongue: Hopefully no nasty shocks!

(though I don't want to jinx it either)

Yeah hopefully! I did see quite a few CCEA A level threads floating about :tongue: Although two of my a levels I'll be forgoing the mighty CCEA, and instead taking Edexcel - not sure I'll be able to deal with the guilt of the betrayal :eek:
English Literature is always stressful :/ That was my worst exam - I was up at 5am writing essay plans and panicking. All turned out okay because one of the two questions I extensively planned for came up haha! It's hard to know about English because it's subjective and depends a fair bit on the marker but I'm nervous my teacher marks them a different way than the examiners will....
Aah I need to stop thinking about English I only get worried :tongue: Not too worried about the rest but eugh English

They are indeed! Haha
My exams with CCEA were add maths, maths, English literature, English language and RE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh I did some of those! I did Add Maths, Lit and Lang and RE - which unit(s) did you do for RE? How'd you find them?

P.S. Nice name :wink:
Reply 767
Haha thank you, I like your name too! :wink: I thought that they weren't too bad but knowing me I will make some stupid mistakes on the add maths papers!! English is hard to tell, I suppose it depends if the examiner likes what I have written or not! What books did you have to do for English? For RE I did the Revelation of God and the Christian Church last year, and this year I did Christian Ethics, what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
They are indeed! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my Maths last year, the T4 paper was tough enough last year.
English Language I was really happy with my essay, got really into it. I just don't know about the second part, hard to tell really how I got on, sort of expecting to maybe not get the target grade there.
I was pleased with the Add.Maths papers, went through them both with my teacher after so I have a good idea of what scores I got! Thought the second paper was a bit trickier though!
Yeah hopefully! I did see quite a few CCEA A level threads floating about :tongue: Although two of my a levels I'll be forgoing the mighty CCEA, and instead taking Edexcel - not sure I'll be able to deal with the guilt of the betrayal :eek:
English Literature is always stressful :/ That was my worst exam - I was up at 5am writing essay plans and panicking. All turned out okay because one of the two questions I extensively planned for came up haha! It's hard to know about English because it's subjective and depends a fair bit on the marker but I'm nervous my teacher marks them a different way than the examiners will....
Aah I need to stop thinking about English I only get worried :tongue: Not too worried about the rest but eugh English

Ooh I did some of those! I did Add Maths, Lit and Lang and RE - which unit(s) did you do for RE? How'd you find them?

P.S. Nice name :wink:

So we'll be able to scrutinise our tests a lot more next year. :tongue:
We do Edexcel Maths and I think maybe Edexcel Further Maths too :frown:. They don't even have top candidate awards! :redface:
I did a ridiculous amount of work for my English Literature exam, probably 50-60% of my total revision, luckily, for 5 of the 6 essays we had to do, I had already written essays/ essay plans about them, and the other was an unseen poem!
5am is a ridiculous time :redface:, I thought my half 11 night-before my controlled assessment was bad! English exams and me don't get on well haha, but I love English Literature, I'm doing it for A-Level and I might do it for a degree :colondollar:.
Original post by IrishChick
How did you find the Irish exam ? :smile:

The second question on the listening was annoying! Didn't know the word for 'party' and thought the rest of the paper would be really hard! But I ended up getting my highest mark! (checked the paper with my teacher after)
I was happy with the reading too. Irish is my weakest language, so I was pleased with how mine went! I translated the whole core vocab list, and then made a list of about 150 words to learn from it, and about 20 came up in some way between the two papers!
How about you? :smile:
I felt the listening went really well, but my teacher thought it was quite tricky oops lol.. :smile: If you don't mind me asking what is your highest mark? Sounds like you did amazing! :biggrin: well done. The last question in the reading is meant to be the hardest, but I thought it was one of the easiest, how did you find it, it was the question on the gaelic footballer or hurler can't remember exactly lol
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Are you on AQA? During my exam we had two mini powercuts and the bell went off during the last question, so I don't have high hopes :biggrin: Even if I had aced the exam, I'd still fail French because my speaking and writing assessments were $hit so yeah :biggrin:

Dont even talk about French. Coursework was average then i did the foundation tier exam and found that hard too. pmsl, aiming for the D!
Reply 773
I did my Maths last year, the T4 paper was tough enough last year.
English Language I was really happy with my essay, got really into it. I just don't know about the second part, hard to tell really how I got on, sort of expecting to maybe not get the target grade there.
I was pleased with the Add.Maths papers, went through them both with my teacher after so I have a good idea of what scores I got! Thought the second paper was a bit trickier though!

Yeah I agree the mechanics and stats paper was trickier than the pure! It's difficult to know with English! It could either go really well or really bad depending on who is marking it!! Aww I will be so scared leading up to these results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do the B3 AQA science exam. How did you find it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChronicBoredom

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did this, it's one of the exams I'm most worried about it. I made loads of stupid mistakes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 776
Original post by ChronicBoredom

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did! I loved "label the heart" - I revised that loads! I can't remember any of the other questions though - I know there was one on transpiration, but what was the six mark question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The second question on the listening was annoying! Didn't know the word for 'party' and thought the rest of the paper would be really hard! But I ended up getting my highest mark! (checked the paper with my teacher after)
I was happy with the reading too. Irish is my weakest language, so I was pleased with how mine went! I translated the whole core vocab list, and then made a list of about 150 words to learn from it, and about 20 came up in some way between the two papers!
How about you? :smile:

Any ideas on grade boundaries for Irish? :smile:
Reply 778
Original post by tess_rach
I did! I loved "label the heart" - I revised that loads! I can't remember any of the other questions though - I know there was one on transpiration, but what was the six mark question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The six marker was organic farming methods against factory farming methods, advantages and disadvantages :smile:. I need 87 UMS to get an A* which is a tough ask for me. What about you for your target grade?
Reply 779
Original post by CD223
The six marker was organic farming methods against factory farming methods, advantages and disadvantages :smile:. I need 87 UMS to get an A* which is a tough ask for me. What about you for your target grade?

Ah yes, I remember now :smile: and I don't know, I was never told what I needed for my target grade (A/A*) - Miss thought it better to go in without expectation. I got 90 UMS for B1, 87 UMS for B2 and 49/50 for the CAU - how do I work it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest