The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

My waters broke at 1.30 this morning, started having short regular contractions shortly after. Went straight to hospital. 2cm dilated. Going to be here soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck! :party:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I've woken up this morning with the worst of urges :frown:

:hugs: I sometimes just go back to bed when that happens, to see if they'll pass that way.
Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

My waters broke at 1.30 this morning, started having short regular contractions shortly after. Went straight to hospital. 2cm dilated. Going to be here soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eeeek good luck! It will all be worth it! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
You don't have to act 'strong' in front of everybody, especially not your boyfriend! :smile: You're allowed to display human emotions, which is all you've been doing.

Really pleased for you, plus just good to hear from you in general. :smile:

But hes not feeling great either :s-smilie: yet i turned everything into stuff about me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
But hes not feeling great either :s-smilie: yet i turned everything into stuff about me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: It's tough when the both of you have problems. But concealing them isn't the answer - that's a pretty good way to mess up a relationship. :sadnod: Talk things over and I'm sure you can make it work.
Reply 4524
Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! :hugs:
Reply 4525
Fair enough - just be sure and see a doctor soon! :hugs:

I'm good just now - found a house to live in (paying the holding fee tomorrow :crossedf: and I'm having fun on TSR being more and more elaborately facetious (without ever being untruthful :angel:). Is fine silly fun.

:hugs: Wake him up, you deserve his help/hugs.

Hello fellow lovely person! :jumphug: What's up? :console:

Hey. :smile: Welcome to the society!

Thanks :smile: Oooh that all sounds very good fun (and exciting!) :colone: :h:
Reply 4526
Original post by asdfgah
:jumphug: I'm not sure what to say, but I'm so sorry your sister is hurting and I promise it's not your fault. Mental health problems are **** and nothing you can do/not do guarantees that they will or won't happen. A lot of it is down to genetics and very early upbringing and family dynamics, and a lot of it is yet to be figured out.. I'm on skype for a bit if you fancy a chat.

---

Not feeling too well. Haven't been eating enough sodium, especially given the heat and how much water I'm drinking. Seems to have hit my body today. Got huge red spots in my vision and feel like fainting every time I stand up. Drinking electrolyte drink and lying on the sofa watching countdown. Really unsure why my body is so broken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We missed each other (again :emo:). Sometime soon though :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry for the late response to this - was in the Middle of Nowhere (aka the East Midlands :teehee: ) without my laptop, so wasn't really checking TSR til we got back today.

Just wanna reemphasise that I'm pretty certain you can't be the sole cause of your sister's eating disorder. Also, you are right in what you say. Mental illness doesn't give anyone the right to be a jackass. It can make antisocial behaviour understandable and contextualise it, but it doesn't negate the fact that your sister is being horrible, if she's making your life difficult. By the sounds of it, not all of her behaviour is entirely caused by her illness? So that makes things unnecessarily hard on you :sad:

Also, if your sister won't let you talk to her about her problems, there's not much you can do. Especially when you're ill yourself. So try and be a bit kinder to yourself, yeah? :hugs:

It's a really difficult situation to be in but please don't take this all upon yourself and blame yourself for it. Keep reaching out to people and talking :hugs:

:jumphug:

Thank you I really appreciate the reply.

This morning I've showered, sun-creamed, and am now swinging in a hammock (:awesome:) watching The Palm Beach Story with a cuppa and my dog for company... am being lots kind to myself this morning (taking advantage of empty house for the morning).

Be nicer to yourself goddamnit!
:stomp:

You are a lovely person who any sane (or insane in our case :tongue:) person would love to have as a sister or friend. You care a lot about her and find it hard to show it - maybe she does too?

And I'm sorry to be mean about your parents - you haven't been nasty about them at all, but just the plain facts of what happened to you and how they reacted do not make me warm to them in the slightest. :no:

And yes, still mouse-obsessed - their igloos are nearing completion but now I need more toilet roll tubes. :dry: Will be moving house at start of August, and then can get them any time after then!

See above for current Kind-To-Sultana-Activities.

Will need lots and lots of pictures! Make all your household a big, spicy curry? Alternatively, could play the turn each other into zombies in the quickest time possible game, that be lotsa fun.
Original post by Sultana
This morning I've showered, sun-creamed, and am now swinging in a hammock (:awesome:) watching The Palm Beach Story with a cuppa and my dog for company... am being lots kind to myself this morning (taking advantage of empty house for the morning).

Will need lots and lots of pictures! Make all your household a big, spicy curry? Alternatively, could play the turn each other into zombies in the quickest time possible game, that be lotsa fun.

Best. Morning. Ever. :woo: Except I'd substitute in mice for the dog. :tongue:

Pleased to hear it. Nice-to-self Sultana gets a pat on the head. :smartass:

Ooh, good thinking with the curry! But do you mean mummies rather than zombies? :tongue:
Reply 4528
Best. Morning. Ever. :woo: Except I'd substitute in mice for the dog. :tongue:

Pleased to hear it. Nice-to-self Sultana gets a pat on the head. :smartass:

Ooh, good thinking with the curry! But do you mean mummies rather than zombies? :tongue:

My dog is currently fetching me raspberries (covered in doggy slobber, but the sentiment is there :teehee:)

Ha yeah mummies. Though I always thought a mummy was just a sub-type of zombie anyway.
Original post by Sultana
My dog is currently fetching me raspberries (covered in doggy slobber, but the sentiment is there :teehee:)

Ha yeah mummies. Though I always thought a mummy was just a sub-type of zombie anyway.

Ok, that's pretty damn awesome. :biggrin:

But do mummies bite? Zombies are a lot more bitey than I imagine mummies to be. And more obsessed with BRAAAAINS.

Yes you do. :yes:

You could try volunteering at an animal rescue centre? Get to play with kitties and the like and pretend they're yours! :biggrin:

I looked - I searched for days then made myself sad about all the kitties in the centres that I couldn't adopt, it was like that freaking OKCupid spoof advert or something :colondollar: - but there's no centres in my town that need volunteers. The RSPCA centre is a 20 minute drive out of town, as is the horse/donkey rescue, and the Cats Protection league doesn't exist in the adoption form, it's fundraising only. Much as I love cats, I don't really want to spend time fundraising for them as animal charities do receive a huge % of donations compared to other charities like lesser known medical conditions. /Soapbox

I have to get the bus to my new job when it starts, every morning I have to walk 20 minutes then take a 20 minute bus. This is a) scarily real and adult like and b) in my head, a long way from home (because you know, the zombie invasion or terrorism will strike me in an old office building whilst I'm doing temp work, that's logical). Trying to remember that I really want and need this job and it's the start of my career so I need to man the **** up... I really need to get this anxiety under control. I can force myself out of my flat and to walk around town on my own but it's on my terms. If anything goes wrong I just break down :/ I can't deal with confrontation at all, even if it's not directed at me. :dontknow: That's just the current worry this morning :tongue:

Broke down in front of Rory, had to get my twiddly to keep me safe I'm so **** :frown:

Rory is with you for a reason sweetheart, if he didn't mind you expressing your emotions then he wouldn't be with you. You have us as well, so don't be afraid to let it go.

With regards to the degree, I know it hurts like hell but it doesn't matter. It really doesn't! This website distorts our view of real life because we see people on every page who have got straight A*s up to degree level then got a first with honours with very little effort. However they aren't YOU and they haven't had to deal with your problems so stuff them. Mickey mouse degree? Youth/social work wasn't it? You can still follow that path if you want, the ability and desire to work in that area is not something you can teach so you must be passionate and good at it. If you did youth work you know that people from all different backgrounds **** up and they succeed as well. It's all in the heart.

Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

Best of luck!

I've woken up this morning with the worst of urges :frown:

:frown: :hugs: I woke up at 8am, then rolled over and went back to sleep for another three hours :teehee: Bad Nat. Whoops. Just couldn't be arsed.

--

Any recommendations of good anti-anxiety books I can read on my kindle (so nothing with work sheets) that aren't too expensive?
Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Good luck hun. We're all thinking of you and cheering you on! :jumphug:

Original post by luno
Despite my terrible indecisiveness about most things in life I actually managed to choose a book and finish it in less than a week!

Albeit it was quite short but I agreed with a post ages ago about reading being such a struggle so reading a book for the first time in over a year feels great :smile:.

I finished that one and started another book today. I'm going try and read everyday like I used to once upon a time... I'm trying to get back my passion for reading as well as having a distraction and being slightly productive.

Sorry for the random post! Although hopefully there is a lot more randomness to be posted as I do miss this thread and the people on it... apologises for forever being useless at posting :getmecoat:.

Great stuff! Well done. You really should be pleased with yourself. I really struggle to read books, though I've built myself up a little summer reading list to help me with my writing process (have decided to write a novel based on what happened in Oxford. Partly coz it would sell well and I'd be loaded, partly because it would hopefully be cathartic) :yes:

Original post by Rrrrrrrr
Hello again everyone, I'm really not good at this sort of thing. Ive been reading this lot of posts for the past many days. I don't know any of you really properly but I want to join in with things. Is this ok? You all seem like lovely people and you help each other which is nice. I feel really awkward trying to make new friends normally so won't make this sort of post again probably but I would like to join in with all of you because you all seem like nice people who know the sort of bad things I go through. I'm sorry for bothering you all but literally don't know wher to turn next etc.

Original post by Ladders
Hi to everyone in this thread:h:

Welcome newbies! Settle in and make yourselves at home :grouphugs:

:hugs: I sometimes just go back to bed when that happens, to see if they'll pass that way.

I was at the cinema until 2.30am. I think it was the film that triggered it :frown: We saw the world's end (and shaun of the dead and hot fuzz) and it was brilliant but I think it's pushed every single one of my bad habits back into my head. Trying to stay sober and safe is too hard. I think the only reason I'm not a wreck right now is the lack of locks in this house and the fact that I have no dangerous substances/tools left because I've been so good for so long. I'm volunteering with teenagers in hot weather next week so I just need to push through it.

I don't currently have a bed to pass out into so I need to stay awake until at least 5.30 and then I can go back to my gf's bed.

Original post by kiss_me_now9

:frown: :hugs: I woke up at 8am, then rolled over and went back to sleep for another three hours :teehee: Bad Nat. Whoops. Just couldn't be arsed.

If you need extra sleep then it's a good thing! I just had a three hour long bath with laptop next to the tub, bubbles, body scrubs and lotions and I finally dyed my hair and shaved. Still running on about 3 and half hours of sleep but I don't feel like a complete zombie now.
I was at the cinema until 2.30am. I think it was the film that triggered it :frown: We saw the world's end (and shaun of the dead and hot fuzz) and it was brilliant but I think it's pushed every single one of my bad habits back into my head. Trying to stay sober and safe is too hard. I think the only reason I'm not a wreck right now is the lack of locks in this house and the fact that I have no dangerous substances/tools left because I've been so good for so long. I'm volunteering with teenagers in hot weather next week so I just need to push through it.

I don't currently have a bed to pass out into so I need to stay awake until at least 5.30 and then I can go back to my gf's bed.

If you need extra sleep then it's a good thing! I just had a three hour long bath with laptop next to the tub, bubbles, body scrubs and lotions and I finally dyed my hair and shaved. Still running on about 3 and half hours of sleep but I don't feel like a complete zombie now.

Oh, I'm off to see The Worlds End tonight, is it good? I'm gonna guess not if it was triggering for you :frown:

I never need extra sleep, I just like it! I function best on 7 hours but I nearly always - when I have nothing to do - sleep for at least 9.5.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Oh, I'm off to see The Worlds End tonight, is it good? I'm gonna guess not if it was triggering for you :frown:

I never need extra sleep, I just like it! I function best on 7 hours but I nearly always - when I have nothing to do - sleep for at least 9.5.

It was amazing. I knew it'd be good but then it was even better than I ever expected it to be. I'm just feeling a bit delicate at the moment and I relate to Simon Pegg's character a little too much for comfort.

The scene where you find out why he's on his epic pub crawl broke me.
Reply 4535
Really pleased for you, plus just good to hear from you in general. :smile:

Thank you :hugs:.

How have you been?

Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!!

Original post by Sultana

Sounds like you're having a nice day! Hope it continues and that your have a lot more Kind-To-Sultana-Activities planned! May I suggest adding a Studio Ghibli film to the list :smile:? :jumphug:.
So my results officially go up at 2pm I think, and it will be in black and white on the computer that im a failure :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4537
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Great stuff! Well done. You really should be pleased with yourself. I really struggle to read books, though I've built myself up a little summer reading list to help me with my writing process (have decided to write a novel based on what happened in Oxford. Partly coz it would sell well and I'd be loaded, partly because it would hopefully be cathartic) :yes:

Thank you! The only downside was I didn't really like the book haha... so I guess it's even more surprising (and rewarding) that I stuck with it!

I am not sure about what happened at Oxford... uber sorry especially since I know you have posted stuff about it in the past but a writing a novel is a good plan. I have a couple which I have started during rare moments of creativity but I never return to them because they tend to make me cry... me and my depressing and self-pitying prose :sigh:.

I really hope it is a cathartic experience and helps you in the long run! I shall also offer my average proof-reading skills in case you ever need it :hugs:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4538
So my results officially go up at 2pm I think, and it will be in black and white on the computer that im a failure :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck :hugs:.
Original post by luno
Good luck :hugs:.

Don't need luck, already failed, but the official result are out today. But it won't change my marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest