The Student Room Group

UK heatwave: Hottest day for seven days recorded

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ladyliesel
I'm glad that I'm not the Duchess of Cambridge right now. Giving birth must be exhausting enough, but going into labour in this heat? I feel for her.

I've just been reading in the garden.

Yes, I feel really sorry for her. I calm myself by googling her endlessly for updates.
It's gone quite chilly and overcast here. It even rained a bit earlier. Apparently a storm is coming! :eek:
Reply 42
Original post by Kyle~
I worked. In a building where you can't open any windows nor does it have air con. I'm seriously tempted to quit my job because of the heat.

I wouldn't, especially in this recession.

Original post by tgwktm
At first I loved it cause it was such a change from the day after day of rain we had earlier on in summer, but I hated having to put sun cream on everyday

Lol, so annoying right?

Original post by Bapbabelubah
I was so pleasantly surprised at first, and I enjoyed every minute of it, but now it's getting ridiculous. I go out for a few minutes, and I come back home feeling as if I've participated in a marathon ;_;

I know, it's not as pleasant as it was when it first arrived.

Original post by Tai Ga
Had Ice lollies in form time today at college :tongue: and I spent a large portion of the day lazing in the common room or lying in the field in the shade. Had no energy at all :lol:

You still have college? I feel for you.

Original post by Martyn*
Yep. My fan has been on low. It is certainly not as hot today as it was yesterday and the day before.

Your area is probably not that hot then I presume.

Original post by Beckyweck
It was cloudy all day up here in Leeds. I don't think it even got above 20. xD But I am ill at the moment so I can't quite tell how it feels compared to normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would love to be in Leeds right now, no joke.

Original post by Ham22
Ok, well it feels cooler where I am today (thank god). Last week was just RIDICULOUS.

Lucky.

Original post by xx.taylor.xx
To be fair we deserve this heat after the hell of a winter we just had...

I agree.

Original post by the bear
i went to the Sauna !

Lol, wtf? :eek:
Reply 43
Original post by Blueray2
when do you start? :biggrin:

Probably 5th of September - the sixth form and the new year 7s usually start earlier than the rest of the school -_-

How about you? :smile:
Reply 44
Spent my day playing basketball, tennis and some football in the sun. My mates just HAD to arrange it for today. :facepalm2: Sweat was literally dripping off my entire body as I was walking... but it was a damn good work out. My mate gave me a lift back on his 200 year old second hand Nissan Micra with no AC, and we had to wind up the windows because his whole car vibrates if they're open on the motorway. :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Now at home, tuning into the biggest news of all time (birth of a kid).

I'm used to this kind of weather (and hotter), but it would be nice if there was so damn AC in buildings.
Original post by OliverJR
Went paintball with 7 others. Couldn't have picked a worse day based on the weather!

I did that back in December 2010 when we had over a foot of snow. So. Much. Pain.
Reply 46
Original post by OWN4G3
Lucky, the nearest beach to me is like 40 miles away. :frown:

That's still closer than I am- 80 miles (almost the farthest point in the country from the coast) :frown:

Luckily I work in a fridge (Sounds lovely in this weather, but it's a different story at 7am in the middle of winter. Also, you kind of collapse in the heat when you come out dressed in thermals, hat, gloves and two fleeces. It's really not as good as it sounds.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Ingenting
That's still closer than I am- 80 miles (almost the farthest point in the country from the coast) :frown:

Luckily I work in a fridge (Sounds lovely in this weather, but it's a different story at 7am in the middle of winter. Also, you kind of collapse in the heat when you come out dressed in thermals, hat, gloves and two fleeces. It's really not as good as it sounds.)

Perhaps change when you get to work/when you leave?
in the SW it wasn't as hot, but I swear on other days its been a bit warmer down here with temperatures over 30. Maybe not then!
Reply 49
Original post by OWN4G3
Perhaps change when you get to work/when you leave?

I do- I work in a massive warehouse (that heats up in the sun), with the chiller at one end, and lockers/ changing rooms are at the other- so it's just the trek to and from and breaks that are unbearable.

I am loving the weather really- I've had the last few days off, which have been nice :smile: It's started to rain here now though :frown:
This weather is doing wonders for my health... All the extra ice creams and soft drinks...
Reply 51
I do- I work in a massive warehouse (that heats up in the sun), with the chiller at one end, and lockers/ changing rooms are at the other- so it's just the trek to and from and breaks that are unbearable.

I am loving the weather really- I've had the last few days off, which have been nice :smile: It's started to rain here now though :frown:

Oh cool. Lol, just try to walk quickly to the other end and back!
Reply 52
Original post by the-black-lotus
This weather is doing wonders for my health... All the extra ice creams and soft drinks...

What about some jogging in the morning?
Reply 53
Original post by OWN4G3
Oh cool. Lol, just try to walk quickly to the other end and back!

Haha- I'd pass out! There is a conveyor belt though... :holmes:
Reply 54
Haha- I'd pass out! There is a conveyor belt though... :holmes:

Haha

Lol any ideas?
Original post by Ham22
Yes, I feel really sorry for her. I calm myself by googling her endlessly for updates.

With the amount of news coverage shes had I felt as though I was standing beside her.
Reply 56
Original post by OWN4G3
Haha

Lol any ideas?

I'd have to sneak past my boss though- maybe hide under one of those supermarket delivery totes...
Reply 57
I'd have to sneak past my boss though- maybe hide under one of those supermarket delivery totes...

Haha good idea, make sure not to get caught!
Original post by the-black-lotus

Could just as easily flip that.

All the cricket playing early morning jogs and cool refreshing water. :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by OWN4G3
Haha good idea, make sure not to get caught!

Getting back's still a challenge- the conveyor only goes one way :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending