The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Scroll to see replies

I didn't get halls either!
But i've also been offered the housing, mine is
116 MONARCH DRIVE, MON 116 04 , Houses in St Johns Area
I don't really know much about how they are run either....
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
I've been offered: 3A LAMBERT ROAD, 3A LAM 003

(I didn't want to go to halls)

Bills are paid collectively via an online service that the uni runs meaning that if other housemates are behind then it won't matter to you.
Reply 3
Fair play thanks for the answer Roving.

CLRbabes, in regards if you want to stay in the houses. I spoke to the accommodation department and they said there is a lot of moving about in the first few weeks. If we wish to move into halls we should fill in a form on the 14th and 15th of the welcome week.

Maybe living in a house is more beneficial but I wanted to halls experience. We shall see! As long as we have a place to live :biggrin:
Halls are way too expensive for what they are, I lived in halls this year for another uni and it was cool but a house will have the same atmosphere. You'll meet new people etc.
Now that I've been offered the house I'm quiet happy about now going to halls I just think it will work out a lot better for me. Would be nice to know who I'm sharing with though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy about not going to halls even.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I got blenheim road number 43, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Quick update-

"Your rent will be £98 per week. This is inclusive of all bills, inc gym membership and contents insurance."

From Accommodation Administrator.
Reply 9
Original post by Lordoftheloo
Quick update-

"Your rent will be £98 per week. This is inclusive of all bills, inc gym membership and contents insurance."

Is that for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Elliemayy11
Is that for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Per person in the house.
Anyone in 152 Henwick road HEN 152 01 :smile:?
Is that for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Lordoftheloo
Quick update-

Just thought I'd clarify that it'll be different for each house price band. Mine is less than that.
Hi does anybody know what you get within the managed housing? Like bedroom furniture?
Hi does anybody know what you get within the managed housing? Like bedroom furniture?

Ask the uni by ringing them up and getting the details. That said, I've done that twice and I'm still going to look and get more details in person.
Ok thanks
Reply 16
You'll get all the standard furniture like you would in halls, the only difference is you're off campus and technically have a private landlord although all correspondence should go through the Uni. For example, if you meet the landlord and they give you their mobile number and tell you to ring them if there's any problems then it's probably wise to take it but not to use it. I used to work in the Accommodation office and the amount of students that had disputes with their landlords and they hadn't involved the Uni was ridiculous but then it was always too late to help them.

Back to the point, you should get the standard bed, desk, etc. It will depend on the size of the room though and don't be alarmed if you pay different amounts than other people in houses. Like somebody mentioned earlier they are all done on different banding.
ok thankyou, do you no if we get chance to meet people in the house or see the house before move in date?
I'm going up during the first few weeks of August just to make sure that I know what to take and get everything completely clear.
Reply 19
Not that I know of, it would be the same in Halls though so don't worry too much about it, everybody will be in the same boat. And if you do have serious concerns about your flatmates then after a couple of weeks you can request a room change. It's worth giving yourself chance to settle with them though, we used to get a lot of people come in after the first couple of days and would be like "I've made new friends in another house and spend all my time there so can I move please?". Realistically this is very low priority and they're not very likely to move you for a few weeks or even a couple of months as there will be higher priority cases to deal with so don't assume you'll be able to swap and change at the click of a finger!

You should be fine though, the houses are actually very good and they prepare you for the 2nd year rather than being sheltered living in Halls. You just have to go into Student accommodation with an open mind and forget about all the 'groups' and stuff that were in school. Yes there might be people less fashionable than you or more athletic, or into different kinds of music, etc but at the end of the day you're all in the same boat and you have to live together for a year! You'll probably befriend people that you never thought you would.

The first time you'll meet everybody is registration weekend, you'll queue and pick your keys up, get shown where your house is and directions if needed and then you'll go straight over and move in. You'll probably all arrive at similar times so you'll all kind of meet while you unpack. Don't be worried about bringing parents and being embarrassed or nervous, etc, everybody does it, even the big bulky lads come with their parents and look like little puppy dogs as you hand their house keys to them!

Latest

Trending

Trending