The Student Room Group

Can you tell the difference in mens jeans and womens?

So then, I have a very girly wasit, like a 27/28.

The problem is that I can't get jeans to fit my waist and height. I have realised that men's jeans look very similar to women's these days.

If I was to buy a pair of women's black jeans, could they pass for men's skinny jeans?

I think so, what think you?

PS are girls put off by guys who wear jeans made for skinny girls?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, women's trousers button is on the right side, men's trousers button is on the left side.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
my jeans, which are men's the button is on the right.

Or do you mean the button is on the right/left side when looking at it head on as opposed to when you wear it?

My jeans have a button on the right when I am wearing them. On the left if I put them on a hanger and looked at them from the front. Which do you mean?

Regardless, I'm talking about when I am wearing them. No one will be able to tell from a done up button that the button is on opposite side.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
As long as the said jean has a fly - then there won't be too much of a difference
Reply 4
Provided they don't have sparkles.
Reply 5
Original post by lNurl
Yes, women's trousers button is on the right side, men's trousers button is on the left side.

ok, so did you just like completely make this up or what? This is completely untrue

Original post by Hyde
As long as the said jean has a fly - then there won't be too much of a difference

Original post by Plainview
Provided they don't have sparkles.

What would you guys do if your friend was wearing girls jeans?
Only Sherlock Holmes would notice the location of the button..
Reply 8

I checked the actual jeans as opposed to google. Even if the majority of jeans may follow that rule, it isn't all of them as I saw girls jeans with the button on the same side. You are trolling
Reply 9
Provided they fit OK around the front, then there's no reason you shouldn't - the button thing doesn't seem to be an absolute rule and unless you were looking for it I don't think you'd notice anyway :tongue:
I think it's worse for a girl to wear guy jeans. They're horrible and shapeless. I think women jeans will make you look slightly feminine-shaped, but maybe that's what you want, idk.
Original post by bestofyou
So then, I have a very girly wasit, like a 27/28.

The problem is that I can't get jeans to fit my waist and height. I have realised that men's jeans look very similar to women's these days.

If I was to buy a pair of women's black jeans, could they pass for men's skinny jeans?

I think so, what think you?

PS are girls put off by guys who wear jeans made for skinny girls?

I know a few people who always buy girls jeans for their skinny jeans as men's skinny jeans are often loose at the bottom, instead of cuffing them they buy girls jeans and the jeans stay in place rather then falling sloppy over the shoes if that makes sense.
Reply 12
ok, so did you just like completely make this up or what? This is completely untrue

What would you guys do if your friend was wearing girls jeans?

If I actually noticed it in the first place I would ask him about it and think him a little odd for wearing it. If he actually had a valid reason like yours then I wouldn't care others I'd assume he was a tom-girl
Reply 13
I checked the actual jeans as opposed to google. Even if the majority of jeans may follow that rule, it isn't all of them as I saw girls jeans with the button on the same side. You are trolling

Thanks! You asked for opinion I gave mine and u r calling me troll. Nice attitude.
Reply 14
Original post by lNurl
Thanks! You asked for opinion I gave mine and u r calling me troll. Nice attitude.

lol...calm down.

But in my defence you never gave an opinion, you gave me a 'fact' that sounded like you made up on the spot.
no its fine to wear girls jeans if u like the tight look. and I have loads of girl friends who love guys in tight trousers..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
lol...calm down.

But in my defence you never gave an opinion, you gave me a 'fact' that sounded like you made up on the spot.

Haha :wink: I actually gave my opinion that yes I can tell the difference :smile: because there is this fact exist, and u said that this fact exist even it is not applicable to all jeans :smile: I actually double compared my jeans to my brothers for you before I replied :smile:
If it helps, a lot of famous guys wear womens skinny jeans. I remember reading somewhere that celebrities like Noel Fielding and Russell Brand wear women's jeans sometimes.
Reply 18
Original post by lNurl
Haha :wink: I actually gave my opinion that yes I can tell the difference :smile: because there is this fact exist, and u said that this fact exist even it is not applicable to all jeans :smile: I actually double compared my jeans to my brothers for you before I replied :smile:

I checked my sisters and they are all on the same side. Are you sure it isn't because you checked you're jeans when wearing them and checked his when holding them in front of you?
Why don't you try to gain weight, I don't know about the button side but girls hips are more bigger than mens. it is easy to recognised the difference. And wearing a tight jeans can harm your blood circulation.

Quick Reply

Latest