The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkhead
You sure? Both my firm and insurance say unconditional. Is that a glitch?

I'm sure that UCAS reject your insurance if you make your firm, but I'm not sure how it shows up on Track, tbh!

Original post by Fortitude
I have that too.

I may very well be wrong. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 981
question: do AS results determine what sort of unis you can apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by styleyourwrist
I got a reply on track but I haven't had an email saying "something has changed on track" ?

I haven't got an email from track either. I don't think you're supposed to (just guessing here).
WJEC Boundaries are up! And they're amazing for C4!!!
Reply 984
Original post by Tabzqt

well done! Yeah, really wanna see what I got now :biggrin:

:biggrin: Nope not yet, I have to wait until 10 :eek:
I got my edexcel AS result and I'm very disappointed depressed and angry at myself I wanted to ask if anyone here gave bio chem and phys exams to just compare my result help plz :frown:
Original post by PQ
DO NOT ring til you have your results.

Ring your UNIs. Ucas is JUST a middleman now.

Just got them. Missed offer by one grade so i will call them up now.
Congratulations! Your place at The University of Sheffield S18 for Chemistry (4 years) F105 has been confirmed.
Reply 988
Original post by holyfire

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what uni, top end unis are not very likely to consider people with low AS grades, especially Cambridge. They are the indicator of your most recent performance so they are quite important
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I did them but I don't know. CCEA don't release their raw grade boundaries, I don't think.

If you don't mind me asking, what raw marks did you get in those and what were the equivalent uniform marks?

I'm only asking because I got 68/75 in C1 this year and that ONLY JUST gave me a uniform mark of 80! I thought a raw mark of 60 usually got you the 80?
Reply 990
Original post by Robbie242
Depends what uni, top end unis are not very likely to consider people with low AS grades, especially Cambridge. They are the indicator of your most recent performance so they are quite important

thanks. guessing manchester one of those not likely to consider?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When will confirmation email from UCAS come through?
got in with BBC for ABB offer
Got AAAB for AS. Very pleased with my results!
Has anyone received the UCAS email yet?
Original post by .JJ
They're my firm too, but they haven't updated for me :angry:

Oh, and congratulations! :parrot:

Thanks! :smile:
Don't worry, it will update soon. What course have you firmed them for?
Original post by Sharpshooter
If you don't mind me asking, what raw marks did you get in those and what were the equivalent uniform marks?

I'm only asking because I got 68/75 in C1 this year and that ONLY JUST gave me a uniform mark of 80! I thought a raw mark of 60 usually got you the 80?

C1 is very badly scaled. I did maths and further so do you just want maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since most schools give you reasonable predicted grades, your AS results would be a good indication when deciding which unis to apply for. However, you can still apply to unis with higher requirements but you probably won't stand as much of a chance as someone who meets those requirements.
Reply 998
thanks. guessing manchester one of those not likely to consider?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Manchester would consider for sure. It depends on the degree of grade, is it BBBB or is it CCCD or something worse
got into both QMUL (firm) BBB and Goldsmiths (insurance) ABB for computer science :biggrin:

last night was the worst of my life

Latest