The Student Room Group

Applying to English and Philosophy

Hey guys, just got my AS results back and I got A in Literature, Language and Psychology with a B in Philosophy. I have an average UMS of 85, so my Cambridge (straight English) dreams have been dashed. But I wanted to apply to other universities for English and Philosophy, and I'm worried that the B in the latter will hinder my chances. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by dlaiden
Hey guys, just got my AS results back and I got A in Literature, Language and Psychology with a B in Philosophy. I have an average UMS of 85, so my Cambridge (straight English) dreams have been dashed. But I wanted to apply to other universities for English and Philosophy, and I'm worried that the B in the latter will hinder my chances. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It certainly won't hinder your chances. You have excellent AS results there giving you a good foundation for applying to university! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
It certainly won't hinder your chances. You have excellent AS results there giving you a good foundation for applying to university! :smile:

Okay, thanks; I was just worried that achieving only a B in Philosophy when I'm applying for it would be frowned upon at universities like Durham, York, etc. I guess I should be grateful that I did well! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest