The Student Room Group

Has anyone had their exam papers remarked before?

If so, how many UMS marks did yours go up by?
I want mine to go up about 10 UMS marks- is that really unlikely? Thing is, for this paper- I thought I did much better than what it came out to be, so i'm really confused
Reply 1
Original post by cookiess
If so, how many UMS marks did yours go up by?
I want mine to go up about 10 UMS marks- is that really unlikely? Thing is, for this paper- I thought I did much better than what it came out to be, so i'm really confused

I've seen papers go up by 25 and down by 15 but most of them do not change. Changes that big are highly unlikely in Maths and sciences and if it's an arts AS subject and you are 10 UMS off the grade boundary above you are also 10UMS off the one below - you may land up with a grade lower than you currently have.
Reply 2
Original post by Data
I've seen papers go up by 25 and down by 15 but most of them do not change. Changes that big are highly unlikely in Maths and sciences and if it's an arts AS subject and you are 10 UMS off the grade boundary above you are also 10UMS off the one below - you may land up with a grade lower than you currently have.

It's for a science
Thing is- i thought i did really well in this science, but i got a grade lower than I'd expected. I am 20 UMS from the grade below, and 10 from the grade above. Do you think I should go for it?
Reply 3
It's for a science
Thing is- i thought i did really well in this science, but i got a grade lower than I'd expected. I am 20 UMS from the grade below, and 10 from the grade above. Do you think I should go for it?

Get a photocopy of the script back and get a teacher to see what he thinks of the marking before you try a re-mark.
Reply 4
Original post by Data
Get a photocopy of the script back and get a teacher to see what he thinks of the marking before you try a re-mark.

Will the script I get back have the examiner's markings on them?
Reply 5
Will the script I get back have the examiner's markings on them?

Exactly what you see depends on the exam board but, yes, you can see what you got for each question.

Quick Reply

Latest