The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Got in through clearing question

I got in to do politics through clearing today which I'm so happy about! My question is do I have to now reapply for accommodation at Leeds even though I have completed an application when I was originally applying for history?
Reply 1
Original post by Duality9294
I got in to do politics through clearing today which I'm so happy about! My question is do I have to now reapply for accommodation at Leeds even though I have completed an application when I was originally applying for history?

It varies between universities, so you should call/email the accommodation department and check. If you speak to them on the phone, make sure you ask them to send you and email to confirm what they say :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi, you will need to complete a new application form, this will be sent to you by your department.

Although we don't guarantee accommodation to clearing applicants, it is looking very likely that we will be able to accommodate all clearing applicants this year.

Amanda

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by University of Leeds
it is looking very likely that we will be able to accommodate all clearing applicants this year.

I'm not going through Clearing, but this presumably means a lot of people who have Leeds as their firm choice are likely to have secured the accommodation they desired most? :biggrin:

Kind Regards,

Circles.
I achieved the required grades for Leeds and got in as my first choice, choosing Central Village as my accommodation. I have, however, had no contact whatsoever from the Leeds accommodation department or, in fact, the University in general...I'm feeling slightly worried :/

Also, to OP, I am studying Politics (and Philosophy) too! :biggrin:
Original post by Circles
I'm not going through Clearing, but this presumably means a lot of people who have Leeds as their firm choice are likely to have secured the accommodation they desired most? :biggrin:

Kind Regards,

Circles.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that! It really depends on where people have applied - for example Central Village is extremely over subscribed, so less than 50% of those who have applied there will be placed there. It really depends on where you applied, and where everyone else has applied.

Not long to wait now though, you'll be receiving your contracts by the first week in September. :smile:
Original post by GhettoCheesecake
I achieved the required grades for Leeds and got in as my first choice, choosing Central Village as my accommodation. I have, however, had no contact whatsoever from the Leeds accommodation department or, in fact, the University in general...I'm feeling slightly worried :/

Also, to OP, I am studying Politics (and Philosophy) too! :biggrin:

You'll start to receive things from us in the next few weeks. If you've got any questions, you can either ask me, or call our confirmation line on 0870 121 5122.

Amanda
Reply 7
Original post by GhettoCheesecake
I achieved the required grades for Leeds and got in as my first choice, choosing Central Village as my accommodation.

Cool, I chose Central Village too!

Central Village is extremely over subscribed, so less than 50% of those who have applied there will be placed there. It really depends on where you applied, and where everyone else has applied.

Eek, I hope I get in. If we're unable to get the accommodation at Central Village, what's our next step(s)?

Kind Regards,

Circles.
Even if you don't get your first choice accommodation, you will be offered somewhere. It might not tick all your boxes, but we try hard to allocate you somewhere that we think you'd like.

Have a read of this tread - I explained the complicated process we do in what I hope is an easy to understand way! :smile:
Reply 9
You'll start to receive things from us in the next few weeks. If you've got any questions, you can either ask me, or call our confirmation line on 0870 121 5122.

Amanda

Im in the same boat as well. i did a foundation course and achieved the required grades and everything, but havent heard anything from the University yet.

I dont have to worry about anything do i? would this put me in a disadvantage of getting my first choice accomodation compared to someone who got their confirmation early?
Reply 10
Original post by Saoirse:3
Hi,

I got a place at Leeds through clearing, and was officially confirmed on UCAS a few hours ago :biggrin:

I'm waiting to be officially confirmed on UCAS - how long did it take between your verbal confirmation and seeing it on UCAS?

Thanks!
Reply 11
Helpful, thank you!
Original post by Saoirse:3
Hi,

I got a place at Leeds through clearing, and was officially confirmed on UCAS a few hours ago :biggrin: I was wondering if you knew when my department should send this form through? Also, will it be by post or email - my post is very dodgy at times! Thanks :smile:

EDIT: One other question. I saw in your reply to the other thread, and that some flats are mixed and others single-sex. For personal reasons I'd be far, far more comfortable in a mixed-sex flat - single-sex is a fairly horrifying prospect for me. How likely is it I'll be allocated as such if I ask for it? :smile:

Hi, your department should send it through farily quickly, if you've not had it yet can you PM me with your details (Name, UCAS ID, Course) and I'll chase it up for you?

With regards to living in a mixed-gender flat, we do try to accommodate these requests as far as possible. If you do get allocated a single-gender flat, speak to our accommodation office and they may be able to move you (although this may take a few weeks once you've arrived).

Quick Reply

Latest