The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief Wiggum
lol, I fear for Federer in that match.

Could be a reversal of London 2011 tonight, but I hope not.
Out of the big 4 Murray seems to be the only one that never gives bagel style beat downs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7482
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Out of the big 4 Murray seems to be the only one that never gives bagel style beat downs

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Bagel_Award

Not really, although he hasn't done any that I can remember recently.
Outside the uk Murray is very undercoveraged compared to the other 3, which is kinda expected. So maybe it seems like it that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7484
Outside the uk Murray is very undercoveraged compared to the other 3, which is kinda expected. So maybe it seems like it that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but I think with his slam wins now he is getting a bit more popular.
Murray may not have dished out too many bagels compared to the others, but he's not received that many himself. Nadal,on the other hand, despite his winning records against the other top guys, has actually been bagelled quite a few times.
Original post by Prendah
Yeah, but I think with his slam wins now he is getting a bit more popular.

To me, and probably others, his style is the most negative of the big 4, his second serve lately is becoming ridiculously slow (60mph seriously? ), and whilst I believe nole nadal and fed will end in the top 5 grand slam winners in the open era, Murray at best would finish with 10.. although over the next 3 years it should be Murray vs djokovic with cameos from nadal on clay and federer at the odd tourney.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To me, and probably others, his style is the most negative of the big 4, his second serve lately is becoming ridiculously slow (60mph seriously? ), and whilst I believe nole nadal and fed will end in the top 5 grand slam winners in the open era, Murray at best would finish with 10.. although over the next 3 years it should be Murray vs djokovic with cameos from nadal on clay and federer at the odd tourney.

Posted from TSR Mobile

true, murray is the least entertaining player out of the 'big 4' IMO

he certainly lacks interesting match-ups compared to the other 3 guys
Original post by Jack93o
true, murray is the least entertaining player out of the 'big 4' IMO

he certainly lacks interesting match-ups compared to the other 3 guys

The big one he is having atm with djokovic will always result in close matches. They're literally the same style, having amazing returns which results in long service games throughout

Posted from TSR Mobile
The big one he is having atm with djokovic will always result in close matches. They're literally the same style, having amazing returns which results in long service games throughout

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but even that one is boring, they just cancel each other out
Reply 7490
Interesting to read that after playing a total of one match under Connors' guidance (granted she did lose), Sharapova has decided to part company with him. Got to be one of the shortest stints as a tennis coach?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fed and Nadal be it age or injury are unlikely to be able to keep dominance enough to compete. Rather i suspect that Djokovic and Del Potro will compete on clay and indoors and all 3 on hard and grass.

The big 4 for me is essentially moving towards a big 3.

The disappointing thing is all the really young news guys are crap on clay (though it does make Raonic and Nikishori that bit more impressive at their current rankings)..
Original post by Rakas21
Fed and Nadal be it age or injury are unlikely to be able to keep dominance enough to compete. Rather i suspect that Djokovic and Del Potro will compete on clay and indoors and all 3 on hard and grass.

The big 4 for me is essentially moving towards a big 3.

The disappointing thing is all the really young news guys are crap on clay (though it does make Raonic and Nikishori that bit more impressive at their current rankings)..

I'm waiting for the next Spanish wizard, there seems to be none coming through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isner takes the first set tiebreak against Djokovic :redface:
Reply 7494
Original post by Rakas21

Dimitrov doesn't look too bad on clay so far.
Djokovic needs to win or else my top half of my fantasy draw is 95% red

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7496
Isner beat Nole at a slower IW last year, so it wouldn't surprise me if John beats him on a faster Cincy court.
Original post by Prendah
Dimitrov doesn't look too bad on clay so far.

His only real talking point is the victory over Djokovic. Until one of them at least gets to the QF of the FO or even a Masters my point still stands.
Reply 7498
Original post by Rakas21
His only real talking point is the victory over Djokovic. Until one of them at least gets to the QF of the FO or even a Masters my point still stands.

Dimitrov got the the QF in Monte Carlo and took a set off of Rafa, so I think he is fairly promising.
Original post by Prendah
Dimitrov got the the QF in Monte Carlo and took a set off of Rafa, so I think he is fairly promising.

Ah missed that. Fair enough then.

Latest