The Student Room Group

Help! AS Results - Applying for Uni courses 2014

Okay, so my AS results were not so great... They were A, C , C, E - I am obviously dropping my 'E' grade, and going to retake one of my exams, and then through A2 hopefully boost my two Cs.:confused::confused: But I was wondering, when I start my UCAS application, is it pointless applying for Uni's asking for ABB, AAB, AAA etc....? Because I really was interested in doing Marketing at Royal Holloway but that asks for AAB. So yeah, any one can give advice or help? Thanks so much!!!
Reply 1
I don't really have any advice for you, as I'm in the same situation as you. My AS grades were BCCC, I was a least expecting a ABBC. I'm having one of my papers remarked. The unis I that I'm interested in ask for AAA-AAB. I'm just hoping that my teachers can predict me at least AAB. If they don't I have to completely change my uni plans.
Reply 2
I understand! My teachers have not face me any advice either, have yours? I have no clue what to do, should I start looking at other unis haha?
Reply 3
Original post by lucia17
Okay, so my AS results were not so great... They were A, C , C, E - I am obviously dropping my 'E' grade, and going to retake one of my exams, and then through A2 hopefully boost my two Cs.:confused::confused: But I was wondering, when I start my UCAS application, is it pointless applying for Uni's asking for ABB, AAB, AAA etc....? Because I really was interested in doing Marketing at Royal Holloway but that asks for AAB. So yeah, any one can give advice or help? Thanks so much!!!

Depends what your predicted grades are - if they're AAB, go for one uni that want's that, otherwise I wouldn't apply to anything more than ABB, I'd focus on universities that want around a BBB.
Reply 4
I think it's definitely possible if you're willing to put the work in! My teachers were happy to put in high predicted grades. I would also advise applying to a range of uni's e.g. AAB, ABB, BBB so you do have scope when you get offers! Looking at your AS grades usually A2 predicted grades are a grade higher so in your case A*BB therefore perfectly possible to get accepted to uni's!

Remember! It's not all on grades a lot of uni's look at you as a whole person including references and your personal statement! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by LadyHaha
Depends what your predicted grades are - if they're AAB, go for one uni that want's that, otherwise I wouldn't apply to anything more than ABB, I'd focus on universities that want around a BBB.

Okay, my school do predicted grades quite weird I will find them out when I go back in September! But thanks for your advice!
Reply 6
Original post by ZoeToone95
I think it's definitely possible if you're willing to put the work in! My teachers were happy to put in high predicted grades. I would also advise applying to a range of uni's e.g. AAB, ABB, BBB so you do have scope when you get offers! Looking at your AS grades usually A2 predicted grades are a grade higher so in your case A*BB therefore perfectly possible to get accepted to uni's!

Remember! It's not all on grades a lot of uni's look at you as a whole person including references and your personal statement! :smile:

Thanks for your reply! I am quite a determined person who does work hard and put my mind to things! Yeah that is true, I will have to work on m reference and personal statements!! Thanks for your advice!
Reply 7
Original post by lucia17

No! Its not pointless applying for them! I got BCC at AS Level and was predicted ABB and got into Sussex.
However I didn't get ABB unfortunately but was still accepted into Sussex with my grades at A Level of BBC but long story short I had to reject it and I'm now going to City London Uni who wanted AAB-ABB but still let me in.
Just make sure you apply to unis that have a lower grade than you are expecting as a back-up. And you did pretty well! Loads of people I know didn't get above a B at AS so you should be proud of yourself :smile:
Also my friend got ABC for A level and got into Bath so yeaaah. Its possible!
Reply 8
Talk to your teachers, tell them you'll really work hard this year etc. and try and get them to predict you a highish grade. I had ABC at AS, managed to convince my teachers to predict me AAA. I got five conditional offers and with resits and luck I ended up with AAB yesterday.
Reply 9
Beg your teachers to predict you ABB.
Reply 10
Original post by mojojojo12
No! Its not pointless applying for them! I got BCC at AS Level and was predicted ABB and got into Sussex.
However I didn't get ABB unfortunately but was still accepted into Sussex with my grades at A Level of BBC but long story short I had to reject it and I'm now going to City London Uni who wanted AAB-ABB but still let me in.
Just make sure you apply to unis that have a lower grade than you are expecting as a back-up. And you did pretty well! Loads of people I know didn't get above a B at AS so you should be proud of yourself :smile:
Also my friend got ABC for A level and got into Bath so yeaaah. Its possible!

Thankyou I am just working myself up I think!! That has calmed me down and reassured me alot! Thank you!!!
Reply 11
Yep I think I will be begging my teachers!!! Thanks guys !

Quick Reply

Latest