The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ooh neg storm, scary :afraid:

Original post by Serpentine111
Why does OP have to be a troll or fishing for compliments? Everyone has their own idea of good and if, say, OP was expecting A*A*A* then A*AA would be a disappointment, especially with one of them being close to an A*. I understand OP... in a similar situation to you, just got the minimum to meet my firm, literally 2 UMS off A* in F.Maths, and 70% of people have 2 or more A*s at my uni - so I'll be the 30% which doesn't :rolleyes: There's nothing you can really do about it now though, if you're going to uni just try to do the best you can. (Besides, A*AA isn't actually bad)

Thank you. I was predicted A*A*A, so of course I am disappointed that I missed the second A*. I do, admittedly, go to a grammar school, so perhaps the results there aren't representative. On the other hand, I do know people from other local schools that received pretty much the same grades as me.

I'm not sure why people think I am a troll, I'm not :redface:

A*AA just seems SO unimpressive now. Tom Daley got the same, and he spends all his time diving. :facepalm2:
Reply 21
Original post by Muppet Science
No idea, just accommodating the possibility.

I guess so! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Lunch_Box

Erm, why would I be fishing for compliments when I've acknowledged that A*AA isn't that good?

Everyone I know got between AAA - A*A*A*. So A*AA is very much average :frown:
Reply 23
No offence OP, but I got four A*s in my A levels, but not everyone can do great I suppose. And no, I'm not joking or lying.
Original post by butterbeer7
Erm, why would I be fishing for compliments when I've acknowledged that A*AA isn't that good?

Average??

Have you even seen the statistics? 3% of A level students achieve AAA or better...A*AA is obviously even less. TSR is just a massive distortion of reality; you won't find someone on here who doesn't care about their academic attainment.
Reply 25
If you took your A*AA grades and took it to any normal school such as mine, you'd be strapped in a chair and tortured until you told them how you managed to get A*AA. The average at AS for my school this year was roughly BBCD. I'm guessing it was ABB average at A2.
Well done on the grades though, but posting about them can always be a dangerous thing, as it can come across different ways to different people on TSR.
Why does OP have to be a troll or fishing for compliments? Everyone has their own idea of good and if, say, OP was expecting A*A*A* then A*AA would be a disappointment, especially with one of them being close to an A*. I understand OP... in a similar situation to you, just got the minimum to meet my firm, literally 2 UMS off A* in F.Maths, and 70% of people have 2 or more A*s at my uni - so I'll be the 30% which doesn't :rolleyes: There's nothing you can really do about it now though, if you're going to uni just try to do the best you can. (Besides, A*AA isn't actually bad)

3 UMS of A* FM here. Made my firm, but still galling.
Ooh neg storm, scary :afraid:

Thank you. I was predicted A*A*A, so of course I am disappointed that I missed the second A*. I do, admittedly, go to a grammar school, so perhaps the results there aren't representative. On the other hand, I do know people from other local schools that received pretty much the same grades as me.

I'm not sure why people think I am a troll, I'm not :redface:

A*AA just seems SO unimpressive now. Tom Daley got the same, and he spends all his time diving. :facepalm2:

Tom Daley's A* was in photography though, so I wouldn't say it's the same.

But it is
Reply 29

Wow, this is like talking to a brick wall.

Again you said AAA* isn't that good. In your OP you said it is ''so average'' :rolleyes:

THAT is why you're getting negged as hell.

(HINT: They are great grades. Got it now?)
Reply 30
Nah I agree with you, those results are average. If I'm honest they're quite bad but you should be proud for being brave enough to tell everyone these embarrassing grades.....
Reply 31
I think your results are very good but please don't throw them away like most people do. Do something with them and use them to improve your life! You are obviously very intelligent so don't go down the path that other people go down and do stupid stuff that will ruin your intelligence.

Don't do what other people do by throwing those great results down the drain. Make something of yourself! Good luck.

Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread, I'm just curious about which uni you go to? 70% with A*A*A seems so competitive! Please tell me it's not UCL or Durham, otherwise I'm screwed!
Well they're definitely above average, but if you were expecting 3 A* I can see why you would be dissapointed
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
This feels rather pertinent;

- Ayn Rand

That was beautiful amigo
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread, I'm just curious about which uni you go to? 70% with A*A*A seems so competitive! Please tell me it's not UCL or Durham, otherwise I'm screwed!

Imperial (Physics). Our year had the best a-level results they ever had though so it's not like everyone here is a complete genius
Reply 36
Well I feel like crap with my ABC then...
Reply 37
Original post by MSI_10
Wow, this is like talking to a brick wall.

Again you said AAA* isn't that good. In your OP you said it is ''so average'' :rolleyes:

THAT is why you're getting negged as hell.

(HINT: They are great grades. Got it now?)

Aww :frown: Back in the good old days eh?
if you actually had a life and still got those grades then you should be laughing mate ;p but if all you did was study and never went out then its still pretty dam good....
Imperial (Physics). Our year had the best a-level results they ever had though so it's not like everyone here is a complete genius

Ah right, glad in a way, as I'm sure I'm only going to get A*AAA, so if everyone had two A*s at uni I'd never get a first as it'd be so competitive!

Latest