The Student Room Group

Help in deciding course

My plan for the future is to be a software engineer or a data scientist but my a levels aren't going as planned I was predicted A*AA but I really think the best I could get is AAB . Since when I was applying I was unrealistic and applied to only A*AA places I've only got 3 choices to pick from; AAB data science at Bristol, BBB computer science at Cardiff and AAA computer science at Birmingham I don't really want to go to Cardiff though what should I do?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
I forgot to add I do Computer science, maths and physics. I am quite confident in Computer science and maths but I'm terrible at physics
Reply 2
Start with this - which subject do you want to do at Uni - Comp Sci or Data Sci?

Look at the course content on the course page for all years of the course, and think about the reality of doing that subject, and only that subject, every day for the next 3 or 4 years.

And if the honest answer is 'Actually I dont want to do either of them' then cancel you UCAS application and plan a gap year. No-where does it say you can only go to Uni straight from school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending