The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
I know, so why can't we have them?! It would help me a lot, at the moment we still get them as we're at school but in a couple of years I'm gonna be screwed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should have them :frown: But MPs here would rather spend that money on expenses and themselves in the HOC bar.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I used those adidas shoulder bags, big mistake since I could hardly fit 2 folders in let alone 3. I've now got and am going to use an adidas original backpack

But did you have to take your folder home and to school every day ?? :frown: I'm going shopping on Friday so I have time to find a good one :smile:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Woops :teehee:

Yep, I'm so stupid :colondollar:
Original post by justanotherindigo
I'd like to visit up north (of the country) someday :smile:

You should do, it's not as bad as people make out! :wink: I'm actually off to London for the first time at the weekend :biggrin: Excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blueray2
We should have them :frown: But MPs here would rather spend that money on expenses and themselves in the HOC bar.

That too, I guess we'll just have to deal with it though- there's been campaign after campaign by different groups, but it doesn't seem to get very far! At least we have a free health service which is more than most countries do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
But did you have to take your folder home and to school every day ?? :frown: I'm going shopping on Friday so I have time to find a good one :smile:

I only took home folders I didn't need the next day or if I had homework for that subject. Otherwise, I just left it in my locker overnight.
Original post by furryface12
I live in Shropshire, that's almost in Wales. There's enough sheep anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost isn't enough!:fuhrer:
I only took home folders I didn't need the next day or if I had homework for that subject. Otherwise, I just left it in my locker overnight.

:O you got a locker :emo: I will have to leave it with my teacher :frown: I wish my school had lockers :emo:

I think at the start of the year I can get away with a shoulder bag .. and if needs be later on I have a bag pack one anyway or I can get my mum to buy me a new one (providing I don't have a job :lol: )
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Its plenty close to Wales..
Its plenty close to Wales..

Wales is Wales :colone:
:O you got a locker :emo: I will have to leave it with my teacher :frown: I wish my school had lockers :emo:

I think at the start of the year I can get away with a shoulder bag .. and if needs be later on I have a bag pack one anyway or I can get my mum to buy me a new one (providing I don't have a job :lol: )

Haha yeah, my locker was literally my lifesaver last year, I don't think you should leave it with teachers though!

Yeah, the first few months, depending on your timetable, shouldn't be too bad with a shoulder bag, but you'll know when you need to expand it. Also if you're getting a backpack, get a reasonably sized ons rather than those Nike just do it bags.

Girls are definitely more lucky with this issue because they can actually fit their folders in their bags, whereas my bag looked obese
Wales is Wales :colone:

What I meant is she should be glad she's not in Wales :smile:
Reply 1010
Original post by usycool1
Oh wow, welcome back! :biggrin: Nice to see many of the 'oldies' come back... :tongue:

I've not been bad thanks! Year 12s been a hard year (passes really quickly though!) and year 13s gonna be erm...fun. :tongue: How are you? :h:

I'm good aye, who else is the 'oldies' of the GCSE thread are still around?

Original post by Pandora.
Great news! I'm glad about that - which module was it in Maths? I'm glad someone has been partying, I've been stuck inside for most of the holidays. :tongue:

I'm really happy about my AS levels except from English, which I got a B in. I'll have to see if I can get a remark on that and if it'll be a positive outcome. Of not I'll probably resit that exam next year and tame a gap year. Hey ho, either way it should work out fine! I've done my 1st draft of my statement, so I only have to amend that and edit to make it the best possible. So yeah, pretty happy at the moment!

C2, I accidently missed 2 pages and didn't realise until 5 minutes before the end, it's not like I was expecting an A from that module, and I knew I'd have to retake. Not the end of the world.

I've pretty much finished my PS (misspent 2 days while on holiday with some friends of mine in a cottage when it was raining), just a matter of ensuring I'm familiar with it, and getting the A-OK from my collage about it. The university PS service is fantastic by the way, but I'd get in early to save the rush when we go back for our A2's.
Haha yeah, my locker was literally my lifesaver last year, I don't think you should leave it with teachers though!

Yeah, the first few months, depending on your timetable, shouldn't be too bad with a shoulder bag, but you'll know when you need to expand it. Also if you're getting a backpack, get a reasonably sized ons rather than those Nike just do it bags.

Girls are definitely more lucky with this issue because they can actually fit their folders in their bags, whereas my bag looked obese

What I meant is she should be glad she's not in Wales :smile:

haha yeah well it probably wont be directly with my teachers :lol: and I will do :smile: I think that's a good plan :biggrin: .. and girl know there bags more :lol: its only a problem for them if its no uniform or dress code :lol:
haha yeah well it probably wont be directly with my teachers :lol: and I will do :smile: I think that's a good plan :biggrin: .. and girl know there bags more :lol: its only a problem for them if its no uniform or dress code :lol:

Ah okay, that's alright I guess, better than taking everything home and back. That's actually so true, their bags look really out of place on non uniform days :lol:
Ah okay, that's alright I guess, better than taking everything home and back. That's actually so true, their bags look really out of place on non uniform days :lol:

I like to watch the girls panic about clothes on non uniform days :lol: then it's always hilarious when 2 people come to school wearing the same stuff (and aren't twins) :rofl:
My personal statement seems so...average. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like to watch the girls panic about clothes on non uniform days :lol: then it's always hilarious when 2 people come to school wearing the same stuff (and aren't twins) :rofl:

I hate own clothes day because I literally have nothing to wear :tongue: the girls in my sixth form aren't even that bad if I'm honest, the guys are worse :tongue: but when they come in in the same shirt :lol:
Original post by Lucy96
My personal statement seems so...average. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel exactly the same :frown:

I feel exactly the same :frown:

It's so difficult :frown: Though I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, it must be next to impossible to be unique in a medicine personal statement! I'm sure you'll do it though :biggrin:

Well it's all you're gonna get, so be happy with it :tongue:

I put the current unit's work in a plastic wallet and put that in my bag for each subject when I want it, then at the end of each one transfer the contents to a separate folder. Towards the end of the year when you're doing revision you might need to take the whole thing, but most of the time it works fine :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
It's so difficult :frown: Though I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, it must be next to impossible to be unique in a medicine personal statement! I'm sure you'll do it though :biggrin:

Medicine isn't that bad to write, but I can see my intro being the only good part of it :lol: although I can imagine your course being a deadly one to write for
Medicine isn't that bad to write, but I can see my intro being the only good part of it :lol: although I can imagine your course being a deadly one to write for

Aw :lol: I doubt that! And yeah it's hard because I've obviously had little experience learning about that sort of thing :tongue:

Latest