The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

deferred entry (starting in 2014)

So, um, has anyone else accepted conditional offers for deffered entry starting in 2014? Like, who, um, er, applied this year as in 2013?

I applied to Birmingham earlier this year while I was in college, but with deffered entry so I could take a gap year and start my course in 2014. If anyone else is in the same situation, then hi! :smile:

Also does anyone know when to apply for accommodation and finance etc with deffered entry ?
:s-smilie:

(comicsans <3)
ive applied with deffered entry 2014, ive got offers for architecture at UWE bristol, birmingham city and london south bank.as for finance i think you can start that in january
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
My son has a deferred place for 2014 for Birmingham. I'll suggest he starts an account so he can reply. I think you can apply for finance as early as September/October if you like (though personally I'd avoid this period while they're sorting out all the late 2013 applications etc) and closing date is usually end of May, but you can see if you can apply here if you're in England:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/when
Accommodation applications opened in January (around 20th I think) last year, but I'm pretty sure you'll get an email about it.
HTH
Original post by soup-or-fly
So, um, has anyone else accepted conditional offers for deffered entry starting in 2014? Like, who, um, er, applied this year as in 2013?

I applied to Birmingham earlier this year while I was in college, but with deffered entry so I could take a gap year and start my course in 2014. If anyone else is in the same situation, then hi! :smile:

Also does anyone know when to apply for accommodation and finance etc with deffered entry ?
:s-smilie:

(comicsans <3)

If you have a deferred entry place for 2014, there is no rush to sort out accommodation or finance now as those offices are going to be busy sorting out 2013 starters.

If you can wait a month or so and then contact the relevant offices, they will be able to advise you further:

Accommodation office: [email protected] 0121 414 800
Student funding office: [email protected] 0121 414 7391
Reply 4
Thanks guys! So would like January next year be a good time to apply then or should I do it earlier ? :smile:
Reply 5
Yeh deferred my entry this year too for medical science. Do you have plans for your gap year?
Reply 6
Um, well I'm just working at the moment really, but the shop where I work is closing early next year so hopefully it'll give me the chance to travel a bit! Ive always wanted to go to America so maybe there, or Canada possibly? :smile: Tbh, I'd probably be working in whatever country I went to though! How about you?:smile:
Hey! I'm a deferred entry architecture student. Hopefully gonna be inter-railing in Europe next year after doing an expedition in Peru to see machi piccu :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you guys travelling solo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Um, well I'm just working at the moment really, but the shop where I work is closing early next year so hopefully it'll give me the chance to travel a bit! Ive always wanted to go to America so maybe there, or Canada possibly? :smile: Tbh, I'd probably be working in whatever country I went to though! How about you?:smile:

I'm going to Sri Lanka for 3 months volunteering at the local hospital in a place called Galle! So yeh that should be an invaluable experience. And yeh you should definitely travel if you get the opportunity to do so; I really can't wait for Sri Lanka myself. What are you going to study at Birmingham?
hi guys !!!
my name is daizy.I had applied to birmingham uni for the year 2013 and paid an initial deposit of 1000 pounds by july 2013.
I am an international student and therefore due to some family reason i cant start my course this year.
I wish to defer it to 2014 !!
Does anybody have any idea whether the deposit (1000pounds) would be adjusted for next year or it will be forfeited ?
University reply is awaited as of now.:smile:

Please reply guys !
Thanks in advance:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by DMotorwayKiev
Hey! I'm a deferred entry architecture student. Hopefully gonna be inter-railing in Europe next year after doing an expedition in Peru to see machi piccu :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, wow everyone's doing a whole bunch of cool things! I need to get myself organised!

Ive heard about people who I used to be at college with doing inter-railing in Europe and it seemed like it was a pretty good experience:smile: plus you get to see so many famous cities and it only takes about a day before you get to see a whole new country! Peru sounds amazing as well! Especially Machu Picchu!

How did you decide where to go and everything? I'm probably gonna be travelling alone and working a bit as well, but I haven't really got much organised yet! I'm gonna end up doing nothing for a year at this rate ! :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by TommehBoi
I'm going to Sri Lanka for 3 months volunteering at the local hospital in a place called Galle! So yeh that should be an invaluable experience. And yeh you should definitely travel if you get the opportunity to do so; I really can't wait for Sri Lanka myself. What are you going to study at Birmingham?

Yeah, volunteering is always really useful and especially when it fits with what you're studying! Not to mention you get to visit Sri Lanka!

Id definitely like to travel, but I'd probably have to be working at the same time :/ I'm going to be studying sociology at birmingham, not really had much luck finding any sociology related work though! I'd love to get to travel a bit though eve if it is just hotel work tbh!
Hi everyone! I am a late decider for a gap year, just could not resist travelling! 100% hoping to go to Birmingham in 2014 to study Law however am unsure as to how much I should mention the things I am doing on my new personal statement as I am reapplying? Any help would be much appreciated! I am off to America to do voluntary work plus work experience in 2 firms and shadowing of a court judge - absolutely buzzing!
Ahh, wow everyone's doing a whole bunch of cool things! I need to get myself organised!

Ive heard about people who I used to be at college with doing inter-railing in Europe and it seemed like it was a pretty good experience:smile: plus you get to see so many famous cities and it only takes about a day before you get to see a whole new country! Peru sounds amazing as well! Especially Machu Picchu!

How did you decide where to go and everything? I'm probably gonna be travelling alone and working a bit as well, but I haven't really got much organised yet! I'm gonna end up doing nothing for a year at this rate ! :s-smilie:

I am so so sorry, this is a really late reply as I haven't been checking tsr! Did you decide where you wanted to go? Hope it's going well, my travel plans have changed on numerous times - adds a bit of spontinaety :wink: Yeah I need to get a job when I get back to re-emburse my savings loool, good luck with everything and I hope you're enjoying your gap year as much as I am! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending